2nd Annual NYC Philathon

LESH AND HIS SUPER FRIENDS
14 NIGHT RUN AT NOKIA THEATRE

Phil Lesh 05.16.08 by Susan J. Weiand
It's time for "The Other New York City Marathon" as Phil Lesh & Friends celebrate Halloween and early fall in the Big Apple. The band will perform October 31 plus November 1, 2, 3, 6, 7, 8, 9, 11, 13, 14, 15, 16, 18 at the Nokia Theatre Times Square.

GDTSToo Mailorder presale with postmarks runs from 7/18 through 7/24. Phil Lesh Online Ticketing presale runs from 7/18 at noon EST through 7/24 at 6 pm EST. Ticketmaster sales start 7/26 at noon EST.

Performances will be Monday – Saturday, doors at 7 pm with show at 8 pm, and Sunday Matinees will have doors at 5 pm with show starting at 6 pm.

For some exciting VIP ticketing options check out Consider It Dan.

[Published on: 7/18/08]

Comments

acomma Fri 7/18/2008 05:40AM

acomma

If you had to choose two to attend, which ones would they be?

ScIFreak starstarstarstarstar Fri 7/18/2008 06:11AM

ScIFreak

He should tour. But I might just b jealous i dont live in New York

blee18 Fri 7/18/2008 06:23AM

halloween and the 18th

nuke_ticketbastard starstarstarstar Fri 7/18/2008 06:49AM

nothin quite like seeing a show in times square !

go ahead , bite the big apple , don't mind the maggots

Shmo-Kaine star Fri 7/18/2008 08:05AM
Entangled Minds Clothing Fri 7/18/2008 08:38AM

Entangled Minds Clothing

ghost and gobblins will steal the apple..

granola Fri 7/18/2008 08:40AM

I went up in Feb 06 to see Phil play for 7 shows at the Hammerstein and the beacon in NY and that was one of the best weeks of my life

jackstraw1984 Fri 7/18/2008 08:47AM

jackstraw1984

Halloween and the 9th. first and middle, catch em at a peak.

msudtg Fri 7/18/2008 09:08AM
jimmyjetski Fri 7/18/2008 10:10AM

just saw Phil Friends and Mickey Hart Band in the same week. Hart=jammin african infused funky complexity, Phil=rockabiilly blues yawner (left early).

Hart's band with Porter, Kimock, and Hollingsworth is the shnizzle right now.

In a Big Country Fri 7/18/2008 12:10PM

In a Big Country

dude were you at sommerfest and wrigglyville ???

rulosa01 Fri 7/18/2008 12:14PM

halloween and the 9th - thats my birthday

acomma Fri 7/18/2008 02:42PM

acomma

Like where your head's at jackstraw, might they be a bit winded toward the end?

BlowsAgainsttheEmpire starstarstar Fri 7/18/2008 05:18PM

BlowsAgainsttheEmpire

derek trucks is in nyc the 6th & 7th. what other musicians are in the area during the run? let teh speculation begin . . .

CaptColorado starstarstarstarstar Fri 7/18/2008 08:56PM

Saw Phil w/ The Mule opening play my 30th Birthday at the Philmore in Denver Nov 14th, 2003. THEN after the show a quick stop at Sanchos on my way to see Chris Robinson and the New Earth Mud play the after show at Cervantes! Warren showed up and hit the TRIFECTA managing to play with 3 awesome bands in 1 night!!!! We hung out after the show was over to say thank you, and Warren finaly was ready to call it a night, his left arm was in a sling. Love him or don't, just don't EVER call him LAZY!!!!

My BUDS are at the Fabulous Fox Theatre in Boulder CO RIGHT NOW seeing moe. tear it up I'M SURE!! Jefferson, Mich, Dante & B-Mac Trippppppin BAAAAAALZ HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Save me a chocolate?!?!

shaaayna starstarstarstarstar Sat 7/19/2008 11:12AM

shaaayna

hell yes, SO happy i live in NY...definitely coming home from college park for this. probably be seeing the last weekend of this excellence.

fuckyou starstarstarstarstar Sat 7/19/2008 02:14PM

yes, yes, yes! last year's "philathon" was sweet. and from the All gOOD Festival this band has only gotten better! 3 weekends of Phil!

WidespreadPhanic Mon 7/21/2008 06:15AM

WidespreadPhanic

hahahah wow this is insane i wish i was goin to be in the states

Grateful Dread Mon 7/21/2008 11:37AM

Grateful Dread

Check out what happened during last year's Philathon. And that was only a 9 day run! I can just imagine little kids asking their parents, "Why does it smell like Uncle Bobby's tool shed in here?"

UnbrokenChain7 starstarstarstarstar Mon 7/21/2008 06:48PM

UnbrokenChain7

Already got tix for 4 nights.

stinkd starstarstarstarstar Wed 7/23/2008 08:24AM

Yea I am super excited for this run. I am doing the Philathon! I will see you there, this is going to be epic just like the Grateful Dead long stands at MSG, but this time it is Phil and Friends laying it down. I hope for choice tunes like Black Muddy River, Tom Thumbs Blues, Passenger, Althea, They Love Each Other, and an enormous amount of surprises. Shit, man, I wanna hear them play Michael Jackson tunes, Stones tunes, Beatles tunes, Neil Young tunes, Dead tunes, Allmans tunes, and Janis Joplin tunes, Phish tunes, and I don''t know if they will do it but a sick Estimated Prophet would be superb. This is going to be the longest stand of shows I have ever experienced at the same venue.

Detroit Funk starstarstarstarstar Sun 7/27/2008 05:57PM

Detroit Funk

I got my tickets for the halloween weekend shows! Gonna be sweet.