AmJam: KW Solo, Sched, 1-Day Tix

AMJAM POSTS SCHEDULES, ANNOUNCES KELLER WILLIAMS SOLO AND SINGLE DAY TICKETS

Keller Williams
Due to very high demand for Single Day tickets, AMJam has decided to make $60 Single Day tickets available for any of the three days (May 23-25) in advance on www.amjam.net. Prices will increase at the gate.

AMJam has also announced the addition of a second Keller Williams set. While Keller and The Keels have been slated to appear for a few weeks, an additional Keller Williams solo set has now been scheduled. Other artists include Gov't Mule, Burning Spear, Sparrow Quartet featuring Bela Fleck, Ivan Neville's Dumptsaphunk, The Lee Boys, RAQ, Afromotive, Keel and McMurry Farms, Laura Reed and Deep Pocket, JP Folk Festival, Boombox, Telepath and many more. Get the full artist lineup, performance schedules and ticket information at www.amjam.net.

[Published on: 5/19/08]

Comments

joda2 starstarstarstarstar Mon 5/19/2008 05:41PM

Just when you thought the greatest little festival in the world on the most amazing piece of property couldn't get any better, they go ahead and give us what we all wanted A KELLER SOLO SET. I am sure we will have a Warren sit in on that one.

SINGLE DAY TICKETS TOO, now my girlfriend can come. YES>>>>>>>>

Steve Birdman starstarstar Mon 5/19/2008 06:08PM

Steve Birdman

If ur into Keller and his scooby-dapooo im keller williams, scooby-dapoo do do. Hes original but nothing special.

1048 starstarstar Mon 5/19/2008 07:13PM

1048

"Just when you thought the greatest little festival in the world on the most amazing piece of property couldn't get any better, they go ahead and give us what we all wanted A KELLER SOLO SET."

Hahaha, that's great.

hometeamrocker Mon 5/19/2008 07:51PM

hometeamrocker

Outformation @ 1:30 am on Friday!!!

joda2 starstarstarstarstar Mon 5/19/2008 08:43PM

RAQ late night Friday

Dumpstaphunk, Telepath late night Saturday

BURNING SPEAR

Keller WIlliams

IF it ain't for you don't hate.

MoeString Mon 5/19/2008 11:25PM

MoeString

JUST RETURNED FROM NC AND EVERYONE IS STOKED ABOUT THIS...

BEST PEOPLE IN THE WORLD>> HEADIEST FESTIE OF THE YEAR

jerryskid315 Tue 5/20/2008 02:44AM

jerryskid315

3 sleeps til AMJam!!!

rhythmic_randomness Tue 5/20/2008 04:46AM

This makes me sad, man! SAD!!! I so want to go to this show. Problem is, I've got but one vacation allowance with my job this summer and it's going to be elsewhere. All I can say is have fun people. This will be the first time in a 4 year run I will miss this fest. (1st one I went to was Smilefest 11, then 12, then AMJam 1). And, yes it does have the same organizers but who gives a flying f'ing reindeer's rump? The objective is great music, family and community, all self-contained on a beautiful tract of land. That's what it has meant to me, anyway.

By the way, Keller haters, you wouldn't know good music if it came up and bit you on the ass.

To all else: ENJOY!

BooneRes Tue 5/20/2008 06:02AM

BooneRes

Ill be there havin fun socializing but this line-up is nowhere near being worth $145, and its sad that thats the case. I don't know how you can justify charging that much when you would pay 8 bucks to see 90% of the bands there but oh well I gotta a lot of good friends that will be there! Raq, telepath and boombox latenite should be cool but other than them and burning spear I really don't care for anyone else.

joda2 starstarstarstarstar Tue 5/20/2008 07:11AM

This lineup is killer, this is more like French Broad festival. You are not paying $145 for the bands you are paying for the place, the property and the fact that you are on a bigger piece of land then Bonnaroo with only 2k people instead of 90k. That is what you are paying for.

French Broad charges the exact same and had an even smaller lineup.

Deerfields is worht the money.

JoeyTheFoot Tue 5/20/2008 07:30AM

JoeyTheFoot

Umm I thought that French Broad River Fest was only 75 or 80 bucks?? or at least that's what it was when I looked at buying tix.

hdrury Tue 5/20/2008 07:31AM

hdrury

It's not anyone else's fault that you didn't get tickets earlier when they were cheaper! And again - I would rather pay more for a smaller festival. But I can't complain at all because my tickets were only $80 each. :-)

JoeyTheFoot starstarstar Tue 5/20/2008 07:53AM

JoeyTheFoot

You are more or less paying for the venue and the small intimateness of Deerfields. I'm with hdrury, I'd rather pay a little more for a smaller fest. Wanee was the perfect size..only $125.00 and 8,000 folks I think?

FreshFlavor starstarstarstarstar Tue 5/20/2008 09:29AM

FreshFlavor

No special Steve? I'd easily give Keller top 3 acoustic guitarists alive. Festival looks awesome.

dreadyknowsbest starstarstarstarstar Tue 5/20/2008 09:50AM

dreadyknowsbest

MMMMM- scooby-dapoo do do MMMMMM - scooby-dapoo do do MMMMM-scooby-dapoo do do

Yaaa scooby-dapoo do do MMMM scooby-dapoo do do YAAAH!!! Wow a hole set of this shit wow thats bad. BIRDMANs on it

overall Tue 5/20/2008 11:34AM

overall

Late-comer complaints about any fest's near-date pricing always amuse me. Like graduated pricing is something new. If you're on Jambase, you know the routine. Put down the bong and buy an early ticket or wait until the last minute and pay nearly double. Same story at every worthy fest, but the heady Rip Van Winkles still chime in with complaints.

REALLY wanna stick it to the man? Make sure every festival sells out during their early bird period and prevent promoters from raking in the late sales cycle profits.

joda2 starstarstarstarstar Tue 5/20/2008 01:31PM

Heard there is still ways to get $125 tickets for those complainers

jerryskid315 Tue 5/20/2008 02:38PM

jerryskid315

Got my tickets for 80 dollars the minute they went on sale.

Still 3 sleeps left...

BooneRes Tue 5/20/2008 09:19PM

BooneRes

well not everyone planned on going to this festival the minute tickets went on sale and the initial line-up was released which wasn't exactly appealing to me, not enough to jump on tix right away. Iv payed way less at the gate of deerfields for a lot of other things too. Thats what iv paid at the gate of the last couple all goods! i mean im sure mule isn't very cheap and all but i just think its a little steep! Regardless Ill pay it and be there and ill def be havin a good time, if you can't at deerfields then u got somethin wrong with ya!

Whats the deal on those 125 tix tho?

BooneRes Tue 5/20/2008 09:23PM

BooneRes

oh and if anyone thinks keller is one of the top3 guitarist alive you should seriously consider listening to Tony Rice, Larry Keel, Bryan Sutton, Adam Aijala, Tommy Emmanual, Jorma and thats just 6 undisputable names but are soooo many more where that came from. Hes alright but top 3 is comical.

madmarkas Tue 5/20/2008 11:13PM

madmarkas

Not to mention Keller's 2 main influences Leo Kottke & Ani DiFranco.

Keller can be quite amusing. He's a great example of what happens when a fan of this scene becomes a musician in it. He certainly plays to HIS crowd. Unfortunately HIS crowd seems to be made of unstudied newbie-fans who would much rather see him do cheap party tricks and hear average covers.

When he seriously tries to play in styles similar to Leo and Ani, ditches the loop station and the other toys and works on the acoustic, he can be impressive.

Too bad I've rarely seen this out of him. Looks like this weekend may be a chance for him to impress me again.

I do have to agree though, Top 3 is rather exaggerated.

rhythmic_randomness Wed 5/21/2008 04:28AM

Keller is definitely one of my favorite performers to date. He definitely has a gift in his guitar playing. He's, by no near shot, one of the best players (technically). What he does bring to the table in the world of acoustic playmanship is love of the instrument mixed with many, many years of practice and acknowledgement of a vast catalogue influences. The cool thing about Keller is that I've not once heard him try to dog anyone down for what they do. Whatever you personally believe to credit his rise to prominence in this scene, the fact is that he is there. He may not share the same virtuosity that some of the major players in acoustic performance but his humility and grateful attitude toward his fans has never failed to shine through, at least not in as many times as I have seen him. Maybe it's not what he does, so much, that upsets you...it's what YOU can't do.

joda2 starstarstarstarstar Wed 5/21/2008 08:43PM

$125 tickets at the local outlets. It is the local discount they do.