WSP Release Carbondale 2000

WIDESPREAD PANIC RELEASES CARBONDALE 2000
First archival release on their own on Widespread Records

Michael "Panic" Houser
Fill the void between Widespread Panic Spring and Summer tours with the first release from the Widespread Panic archives! Carbondale 2000 is set for release on June 10, 2008. The album is available for pre-sale on WidespreadPanic.com and LiveWidespreadPanic.com SOON!

Recorded live at Southern Illinois University Arena in Carbondale, IL on December 1, 2000, this very special collection of multi-track recordings features all original band members including late guitarist Michael Houser. This three-disc archival release will also be available at select independent record stores. Pre-order will be available soon!

Listen to Dave Schools and Chris Rabold discuss the "making" of Carbondale 2000 on this week's Panic podcast.

Listen to that sweet Tele bleed on "Surprise Valley" right here...

[Published on: 5/7/08]

Comments

skinny2 starstarstarstarstar Wed 5/7/2008 11:27AM

sweet this should be great keep on truckin' wsp cause we dont care if people talk shit about ya there just jealous

tourfan starstarstarstarstar Wed 5/7/2008 11:32AM

From Setlist.com : FYI

12/01/00 (Fri) University of Southern Illinois - Carbondale, IL

Set 1: Let's Get Down To Business, Tall Boy > Rock, Jack, Stop Breakin' Down Blues, Party At Your Mama's House > Impossible > Genesis, Give

Set 2: One Arm Steve > Walk On, Thought Sausage, Airplane > Low Spark Of High-Heeled Boys > Drums > Maggot Brain > Chilly Water, Papa's Home, Ain't Life Grand, E: Let's Get The Show On The Road, Climb To Safety

Cosmicsailor Wed 5/7/2008 11:46AM

Cosmicsailor

Miss you Mikey.

crescentvale starstarstarstarstar Wed 5/7/2008 11:52AM

crescentvale

This is huge for panic fans in my area, thank u WSP for showcasing our small city with this first live show release. Moe. also released a live recording from my hometown. The funny thing about this show, I was with a group of my friends and I had my ticket, my friends brought money from theirs. Somehow they lost all their money in the lot, and I stuck with my group and missed the show. Check out my page and enjoy the Carbondale scene!

BRabbit Wed 5/7/2008 11:55AM

BRabbit

WSP for life

_Shug_ Wed 5/7/2008 11:56AM
MidnightRider13 starstarstarstarstar Wed 5/7/2008 11:57AM

MidnightRider13

That's a sick set. I love it when they play Genesis. Let's Get Down to Business Opener. Climb To Safety Closer. Pretty sick.

dsawthestone starstarstarstarstar Wed 5/7/2008 12:05PM

dsawthestone

pretty sweet ERS...Panic rocks, and its good to see them releasing some of Mikey's old shows. cant wait to hear it

AZ~*Droo* starstarstarstarstar Wed 5/7/2008 12:18PM

AZ~*Droo*

maggot brain? holy shit

honeynutt Wed 5/7/2008 12:25PM

honeynutt

looks like FUN! if you wanna listen to a pretty cool podcast the lastest panicast on widespreadpanic.com has dave schools talking about the decision to move towards the archives and other fun stuff from backstage at their last spring stop in dallas... check it out on there website! cant wait for some good ole southern panic this summer!

honeynutt Wed 5/7/2008 12:28PM

honeynutt

clearly i didnt read the full article! my bad! click the link!! ha

tourmaniac starstarstarstarstar Wed 5/7/2008 12:57PM

tourmaniac

My second show! (First was Murray KY the night before)

Also makes sense that they would reschedule the spring show in C'dale for this Fall to build off the momentum of the release.

Promontory Rider starstarstarstarstar Wed 5/7/2008 01:11PM

Promontory Rider

Salukis!!!

Desoto Dave

panicpanicpanic! Wed 5/7/2008 01:29PM

panicpanicpanic!

man i love these guys!! thanks for the genesis in Richmond!! ROCKIN!

nsafay Wed 5/7/2008 01:34PM

yeah man.....miss ya a lot Panic Houser.

Phattiebace Wed 5/7/2008 01:43PM

this looks awesome, I've recently been getting into panic and was very stoked they would be coming to the SIU arena (a stones throw away from my dorm) this year on April 15th and then they CANCEL??? does anybody noe why?

RothburyWithCheese starstarstarstarstar Wed 5/7/2008 01:48PM
phishstir Wed 5/7/2008 01:52PM

oh man, i was at the madison show on that tour, rocked my socks off!

that's when panic was panic! Houser Baby!

linsbee314 Wed 5/7/2008 02:36PM

Dammit, everything looks great except that Safety closer. Yea..yea..yea... My least favorite closer of all time. I'll still get it and just turn it off early.

beadiamondsomday starstarstarstarstar Wed 5/7/2008 02:58PM

beadiamondsomday

spring tour was sooo good this year. check out the companion the last time played had a good couple songs w/ 20 or more, sometimes, help me somebody. only played chilly a couple times! this herring era is just gettin started summer tour is gonna be good. i just dont know how you could not like this band

tomspeed starstarstarstar Wed 5/7/2008 03:04PM

tomspeed

Great news that Panic is finally opening up the vaults.

crazynate Wed 5/7/2008 03:24PM

crazynate

For sure picking this one up. The spring tour was on fire!! Can't wait for Red Rocks!!!!

BooneRes Wed 5/7/2008 04:38PM
BooneRes Wed 5/7/2008 04:39PM
ReaganSector9 starstarstarstarstar Wed 5/7/2008 05:53PM

ReaganSector9

Too bad the show there was cancelled this year. This 3 disc will be a great release

Mr. Holland's O-Face Wed 5/7/2008 06:29PM

Mr. Holland's O-Face

"this band blows even with House." Yeah and the Popes not Catholic.

dedhed6111 Wed 5/7/2008 08:29PM

dedhed6111

I agree that jimmy herring is a "better" guitar player than mikey was, but nonetheless as an older spreadneck I still feel that mikey WAS the band. I'm glad they're releasing older stuff, but i've had this show for years now. don't buy this shit when you can get it for free. trading's not dead!

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^› {¬¿¬} starstarstarstarstar Thu 5/8/2008 04:30AM

I was there, I had SO MUCH FUN. spinning in circles for the entire show, it was magic!!!! It was one of the special shows with them, I always loved to go see them in the middle of nowhere, cos they brought the HEAT!!!!!!!

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^› {¬¿¬} Thu 5/8/2008 04:58AM

someone with a extremely GAY screen name like tranceful-delight, really knows good music... better listen to the expert.

gregboyer starstarstarstar Thu 5/8/2008 08:56AM

Hey dedhed6111, trading is definitely not dead and I thoroughly enjoy my WSP audience recordings and soundboards (and tons of other bands-been taping for 10 years now). But you shouldn't discourage people from buying official releases. Bands need to make a living too. And we should appreciate that some of them allow taping. Besides on a good stereo a well done multi-track recording can't be beat. This sounds like a great one, I still listen to my shows w/Mikey sometimes and 2000-2001 was a great time.

bluke11 Thu 5/8/2008 10:16AM

Perfect timing on this release. This Spring Tour re-energized every single person who made it to one of the shows. Easily the best they've played thus far w/ Herring. (Although I have a feeling we'll be saying the for many tours to come.)

Carbondale is the tits. Stellar choice for the first one out. Gimme some 01 Oak Mtn next.

kjk81 Fri 5/9/2008 05:47AM

Does anyone know what happend to Sunny? WSP website states "Sunny is alive and Well"

nsafay Fri 5/9/2008 11:17AM

The statement was to just squash the rumors floating around that Sunny might be leaving the band sometime soon. I can't imagine Panic w/o that badass who seems to hit it harder and harder the older he gets!

nsafay Fri 5/9/2008 12:02PM

By the way....even Jimmy Herring himself said listening back to Panic's studio albums and earlier live recordings is some of the most amazing guitar playing he's ever heard. Just because Mikey didn't whale it all the time doesn't mean there weren't some fantastic melodies he created that not many others could even know where to begin.

nsafay Fri 5/9/2008 12:03PM