Matisyahu Festival of Lights

MATISYAHU
2nd Annual Festival of Light: 4 Shows Across 2 Boroughs December 4th and 5th at Roseland Ballroom
December 6th and 8th at Warsaw JUST ADDED!

Matisyahu
Matisyahu known for his uncanny, electrifying fusion of orthodox Judaism and classic reggae music has unveiled plans to expand his Second Annual Festival of Light show in New York City this December to include dates in 2 boroughs; Manhattan and Brooklyn. The Festival of Light will begin on December 4, the first night of Chanukah at Roseland Ballroom and conclude on December 8 at Warsaw in Greenpoint, Brooklyn.

Matisyahu has successfully made reggae and hip-hop sounds an integral part of his day-to-day soundtrack. Still he simply seeks to serve as a conduit for the messages of peace and unity that flow through him, to improve the world the world by sharing his music, and without letting ego or worldly desires interfere in that communication. "That's what I'm aiming for," he admits. "I don't think I've fully gotten there, but that's the goal."

Matisyahu invites fans to join him in celebrating his music and message for the holiday season, with four very special nights of the festival to span from Manhattan to Brooklyn.

Special guests, Tim Reynolds and Blues Traveler will join Matisyahu, to ignite the festivities at Roseland Ballroom on December 4. December 5, proves to be another great night with reggae legends, The Wailers and Dub Trio.

Matisyahu and his band will travel across the bridge to share the Festival of Light in Greenpoint Brooklyn, at Warsaw, where popular singer songwriters Ryan Shaw and Trevor Hall will join him on December 6.

To close the festival on Saturday, December 8, indie rock band Zox and reggae's new superstar Joseph Israel on December 8, will join him for two final nights during the Festival of Lights.

Tickets are on sale now for December 4 and 5 show at Roseland Ballroom.

Tickets will go on sale for December 6 and 8 shows at Warsaw, this Wednesday at 10 a.m.

All tickets will be available online at www.livenation.com, at select Ticketmaster outlets, Irving Plaza box office, and Charge-by-phone 212.307.7171 or www.ticketmaster.com.

Tickets for Roseland are priced at $32.00 in advance and $35.00 day of show.

Tickets for Warsaw are priced at $40.00 in advance and $45.00 day of show.

All dates, acts and ticket prices subject to change without notice. A service charge is added to each ticket price.

[Published on: 10/29/07]

Comments

cliftonhanger420 Mon 10/29/2007 05:15PM

sounds pretty cool

thebum Mon 10/29/2007 06:24PM

thebum

Are you fucking kidding me? The Blues Travelers? I expect that shit on corporate radio, but on Jambase? Maybe if you guys got the name right, the link would work. Anybody seen Matisyahu in the last few years? Has his act evolved at all yet?

21mmer Mon 10/29/2007 06:37PM

21mmer

i'd be careful about bringing any negativity around blues traveler(s). word on the street is that john popper has nightvision and an suv full of guns and he's headed to your town.

phunkle starstarstarstarstar Mon 10/29/2007 08:55PM

phunkle

21mmer, that's some funny shit

salmon401 Mon 10/29/2007 09:05PM

salmon401

theburn - This is a press release, get upset with Matisyahu's publicist, most of the News on here is from press releases. This is not is not a bad thing, this is not a good thing, it just is. Jambase brings this information together in one place so you do not need to troll 1000 different band's web pages. Save your "are you kidding me" comments for Sony BMG Music Entertainment and the copy writer that viewed this as a press release, not a story.

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^› {¬¿¬} starstarstarstarstar Tue 10/30/2007 04:28AM

Joseph Israel made a good album. gone are the days :)

HOPEFULPHAN star Tue 10/30/2007 07:26AM

i cant believe this fad/schtick has lasted this long. look at me im an orthodox jew and i rap isnt that wierd.

bigfro Tue 10/30/2007 07:36AM

bigfro

Blues Traveler was at one time the best band in New York City until their bassist died. They started Horde and with it the new Jam Psychedelic scene. They are NOT CORPORATE just because they ahd a few hits. They press their own records and are very cool people. Sorry Dudes I just can't hate with you on this one

UmphVolta Tue 10/30/2007 08:17AM

I dont think he was hating on Blues Traveler, he was just pointing out that their name is Blues Traveler not "The Blues Travelers."

The1AndOnlyDJCT Tue 10/30/2007 09:23AM

HOPEFULPHAN, I know what you mean, I used to feel the same way about the guy, and I still do for the most part. But when he came out with Umphrey's in New York two Saturday's ago he totally won me over, that was sick!

Not to say I went and copped his music, nor will I be going to these shows, (despite the fact that I'd love to see The Wailers and Dub Trio), but I just thought I'd share.

ScIFreak starstarstarstar Tue 10/30/2007 10:06AM

ScIFreak

The man is pretty cool imo. It's not his fault if he is popular! He makes some good music. I meant he use to be a PHan soo he is one of us. He belongs on jambase.

thebum Tue 10/30/2007 11:41AM

thebum

Defintely no Blues Traveler hate. Tad's spent the last seven years trying to fill Bobby's big shoes, and I still go to shows. The segues are smoothing out nicely, by the way. It doesn't compare, but it's still fun. For example, alone>breakfast from redrocks was unexpected and enjoyable, even if the bassline didn't shift gears 12 bars early... damn, I still really miss Bobby. Anyway, my point was that I've noticed over the last few years that as the quantity of articles on here has increased, whoever transfers these things from BMG or wherever has left the proofreading up to us. Sorry for the anger.

thebum Tue 10/30/2007 11:41AM

thebum

At least they correct what we make notes about.

Cleofus star Tue 10/30/2007 02:28PM

Cleofus

Popper sucks. He played the Christmas Jam in Asheville last year and the prejam was broadcast and his performance with DJ Logic was the absolute worst. He believes that the harmonica actually sounds good as a lead instrument.

dudeski3 Tue 10/30/2007 03:28PM

dudeski3

What Popper does with a Harmonica is very good... Good enough to be a lead instrument.

Smittea starstarstar Mon 11/5/2007 12:01PM

Smittea

I concur about Popper. I don't listen to him very much these days, but he is amazing with the harmonica. Matisyahu, however, really sucks. I tried multiple time to appreciate what he was doing but it didn't work for me. Honestly I find him singing too much over the great music that is in the background. Sometimes shutting up is the best thing..... I'll do that now.