Omar Rodriguez-Lopez Video

Omar Rodriguez-Lopez Group Melt the Walls in Netherlands

You want to know why we love Omar Rodriguez-Lopez and his band The Mars Volta, just watch this video. Here's the Omar Rodriguez-Lopez Group performing at Vera, Groningen in The Netherlands on March 9, 2009, this shit says way more than any words we could ever muster:

Comments

chaseman starstarstarstarstar Wed 3/11/2009 10:20AM

That's the first time I've seen Pridgen wear a shirt. Outstanding.

geyser starstarstarstarstar Wed 3/11/2009 10:28AM

Awesome. The Mars Volta and their other projects are constantly pushing the envelope.

I really want my 5th time seeing Volta to be at Rothbury! Sherwood Forest is calling out to you Omar and Cedric...

Lakai starstarstarstarstar Wed 3/11/2009 10:40AM

Lakai

omars solo shit and quintet stuff is leagues beyond TMV nowadays, TMV are kinda getting stale.

jkuss80 starstarstarstarstar Wed 3/11/2009 11:15AM

jkuss80

I agree. His solo stuff is far more focused I think. Don't get me wrong I still love Volta but I really wanna see this quintet live sometime. Great video!

Conjugal Burning starstarstarstarstar Wed 3/11/2009 12:03PM

Conjugal Burning

YEEEAHH!

this is the sickness for sure! Volta shall never be stale, they are always re-inventing themselves, Omar is just a mad man that needs to put oun different facets of his art, in different forms.

Solo stuff more focused?? practically every song is one long jam!! EPIC

speaking of melting walls, check this shit out..

GeorgieP Wed 3/11/2009 01:42PM

GeorgieP

That's a pretty rockin' video. Perhaps it's now time for me to get into The Mars Volta, esp. considering they're playing Roo. Any tips on what albums I should pick up, folks?

Leistr starstarstarstarstar Wed 3/11/2009 01:58PM

Deloused in The Comatorium, Amputecture, and The Bedlam In Goliath. in that order but also Frances The Mute and for Omar get Old Money and The Apocalypse Inside of an Orange

Leistr starstarstarstarstar Wed 3/11/2009 01:59PM

keep in mind that the volta and the beastie boys are gonna be at the Roo so there may be some collaborations

cleemchite Wed 3/11/2009 02:22PM

cleemchite

sick! i've been obsessed with the volta and everything omar since i first heard deloused in 2004. so happy all of you at jambase share the love!