Sublime Plays With New Singer

Sublime Plays With New Singer

According to Bud Gaugh's Del Mar MySpace page, legendary SoCal band Sublime reunited, playing their first gig under the name since May 25, 1996. Original Sublime founders Gaugh (drums) and Eric Wilson (bass) took the stage with guitarist/vocalist Rome replacing the late Bradley Nowell. The show went down last Saturday, February 28 at Cantina Los Hombres in Sparks, Nevada.

The MySpace page states:

So Del Mar played the gig at Cantina last night in Reno, it was packed and amazing. What really fucking killed it was SUBLIME reuniting and playing with new singer, Rome. We're fucking stoked for Bud, Eric, and Rome - Bud's still playing with Del Mar, and Sublime doesn't have any firm tour plans or anything YET, but we'll keep you posted on their progress.

ConsequenceOfSound.net is also reporting on this show, with one user saying:

I was there last night. It was Eric, Bud, & Rome. You can never replace Brad.. but it was a bad-ass show!!! Rome has a great voice, guitar skills, and killer energy. It does more justice to the music to play it live then to let it rest forever only on recordings!! The crowd was thirsty for this show and the energy was surreal!! They dedicated the set to Brad & said it was the first time they had played those songs live in about 15 years! They played a new song too which sounded pretty bad ass!

Here are two videos from the show. The sound quality is no good, but you get the vibe.

[Published on: 3/2/09]

Comments

snausages Mon 3/2/2009 04:55PM
jacoyle1 Mon 3/2/2009 04:58PM

I don't think I like this.

1048 Mon 3/2/2009 05:04PM

1048

WORST IDEA EVER

mrknowitall starstarstar Mon 3/2/2009 05:05PM

mrknowitall

I'm glad for the guys in the band, it is fun playing music, but I hope they don't tour. It would be disrespectful to the music. Call it Long Beach Dub All Stars or something else, but don't call it Sublime. Bradley was Sublime.

grahamcraka Mon 3/2/2009 05:05PM

O hell yes, sublime with a new singer is sooo much better than no sublime at all - eric and bud still tear it up.

grahamcraka Mon 3/2/2009 05:06PM

thats so true, it will definatly have to have a new name

OaksterDan Mon 3/2/2009 05:13PM

OaksterDan

Sublime all-stars???

mattchu Mon 3/2/2009 05:21PM

mattchu

from our standpoint yeah it seems a little strange, sets a little uneasy but... They still put a shit ton of hours adn hard work into "sublime" and if they wanna play that music with only memories and influences of brad, i feel they got a right to call it that. just my opinion, but who are we to say to the bandmembers of sublime, thats bullsht ya know?

aquariumdrunk Mon 3/2/2009 05:26PM

aquariumdrunk

They were a good band, but they've always been horribly overrated by a lot of people. This though...yeah...terrible idea.

maddmax9 Mon 3/2/2009 05:33PM

maddmax9

no no no i don't like this at all

this doesn't sit right. I mean, there were only 3 people in the band for chrissake! Bradley Nowell is inextricably a part of sublime. Fuck this new guy, I know all the words to all the songs, too. He ain't special.

no no no no no

cease and desist in the name of all that is holy

theragman Mon 3/2/2009 05:43PM

these bands that reunite with new singers to replace the old ones that died young really should call it something else. Its just sad to see "Alice in Chains" and "Blind Melon" playing a dive bars after cooking up a good legacy over the years. Play together but change the name. Even if you just alter the name- expample: Grateful Dead - Jerry = The Dead.

MoreTunes Mon 3/2/2009 05:43PM

MoreTunes

A jambase first- Everyone on the same page, except one guy. Smokey...your high, this is terrible, and I hope YOU dont go to rothbury, let alone Sub-Sublime.

tourfan Mon 3/2/2009 05:48PM

Yea, I agree with theragman. The Grateful Dead are The Dead with out Jerry, Blind Melon playing Melon songs - despite writing credit going to the whole band, is not Blind Melon without Hoon. I am all for Bud and Eric playing, but come up with new songs, a new sound. Sublime was one of a kind and will never be the same without Brad. Move on, move forward.

tourfan Mon 3/2/2009 05:49PM

I don't even like the tribute bands ... to any act.

phishmann starstarstarstarstar Mon 3/2/2009 05:51PM

phishmann

Brad had a voice that most jamband guitarists would love to have. Its great music, overrated I think not. Brad had so much soul in his voice,the first time I ever heard it, I was hooked. I say let Bud and Eric have some fun.

AikoBearzly Mon 3/2/2009 05:55PM

AikoBearzly

The new Sublime, with potsy as lead..

ststephen117 Mon 3/2/2009 06:01PM

sublime all stars??? are you serious with that? i havent heard of rome and have no idea how he sings or plays but you cannot take the frontman of a legendary band out and then add the name allstars after the band name. hopefully you meant something else and i just got worked up for nothing. i kind of hope this doesnt happen under the name sublime, but whatever the guys feel happy with will make me content

Bar Bluten Kat Mon 3/2/2009 06:13PM

Bar Bluten Kat

I agree, I love the idea of playin the old stuff again, everyone does it, but it would definitely be way more respectful to just call it something else all together.

BGsteveBG Mon 3/2/2009 06:15PM

BGsteveBG

I don't care what they call themselves, if they announce a midwest show, I'm there.

Still miss ya, Brad

DankSteve Mon 3/2/2009 06:20PM

If Bud and Eric want to play, that's fine, rock on. But there is no Sublime without Bradley Nowell. Pick a new band name and play all you want.

NittyGritty Mon 3/2/2009 06:22PM
Ingredients starstarstar Mon 3/2/2009 06:24PM

Ingredients

I like the story, BUT this is very wrong. Write some new songs, or sing the songs that don't bring back the pain. Don't Sing about Lou... Don't try to sound like Brad.

RobStarr star Mon 3/2/2009 06:25PM

RobStarr

I smoke two joints ,then smoke two more and more and more.new singers never work.

phishmann starstarstarstarstar Mon 3/2/2009 06:28PM

phishmann

Call it Sublime and more people show up, no doubt about that.

BiscuitBum star Mon 3/2/2009 07:17PM

BiscuitBum

I'm all for them going out and playing again and having fun but change the name. It's not Sublime without Brad. Just like last year Blind Melon was not Blind Melon without Shannon and The Grateful Dead are just the Dead without Jerry etc...

BiscuitBum Mon 3/2/2009 07:18PM

BiscuitBum

Didn't read that everything I just wrote has already been said

newtongimmick Mon 3/2/2009 07:22PM

newtongimmick

so is everyone then in agreement that the lead singer to a band is irreplaceable but all others are? ie led zeppelin...i had no problem with zep coming out at the o2 arena and calling themselves led zepp without Bonam..and to be honest i have no problem with alice in chains calling themselves that without layne staley..i have no problem calling the allman brothers band the allman brothers band without duane...but for some reason i have a hard time calling them sublime without bradley..

CrazyGWebber star Mon 3/2/2009 07:29PM

CrazyGWebber

Its almost like the Grateful Dead without Jerry.

Burningpig starstarstarstar Mon 3/2/2009 07:33PM

They called it S*blime

MaineJam Mon 3/2/2009 07:34PM

MaineJam

Rome should quit sublime and tour with the remaining Nirvana members.

Nirvana reunion tour!

n-1 Mon 3/2/2009 07:34PM

long beach dub allstars really had a hard time getting any following after bradleeeeee passed. this really is too bad and i can't blame them for trying this stunt.

n-1 Mon 3/2/2009 07:38PM

my friend will from a band called street credit used to channel brad's spirit playing in high school, he would be way better

GeorgieP star Mon 3/2/2009 07:43PM

GeorgieP

It's a sad, sad day in the L.B.C.

afried90 Mon 3/2/2009 08:38PM

Why is this any different than The Dead touring without Jerry?

honeytribe23 Mon 3/2/2009 08:50PM

It's different because they don't refer to themselves as The Grateful Dead when they tour without Jerry

lovejahlive Mon 3/2/2009 09:15PM

lovejahlive

look, it's Sublime. Two thirds anyway.Life goes on, the music still jams STFU haters. you jambase trolls bitch about everything.

bigchris Mon 3/2/2009 09:18PM

I saw Alice and Chains at a sold out Warfield, hardly a dive bar. They sounded real good too, Jerry Cantrell still kills. Yeah it wasn't the same without Layne, but it was still a rockin' show, still AIC. I don't see why the remaining Sublime guys can't play their music. Like Layne, Brad checked out with some dumb, sad moves, but his music lives on. Maybe a new name wouldn't be asking too much.

Kyndbud starstarstar Mon 3/2/2009 09:39PM

Kyndbud

For once I am truly amazed... Maybe astonished. I think I need to hit the ole' 'play' button on some bootlegs of Bradley playing to get this terrible idea out of my head. Why would Eric and Bud choose to do this now?

This guy, Rome, looks like a Fat-Mike wedding singer! I think I'll sleep just fine knowing I didn't *miss* that show on the 28th.

pugs689 Mon 3/2/2009 10:18PM

they should change the name to sublame

Lord-K. star Mon 3/2/2009 10:21PM

Lord-K.

Terrible idea that stems from terrible economic times. Boooooooo!

pugs689 Mon 3/2/2009 10:22PM

afried90-- comparing The Grateful Dead to Sublime?!?! that's like comparing Harpoon Leviathan Imperial IPA to PBR... come on dude...

peaton Mon 3/2/2009 10:30PM

peaton

whoa, chill out jambase. First off, Bradley will never be forgotten. But I also think he would rather see his legacy live on with the 2 other guys he started Sublime with rather than the second rate knockoffs we've dealt with for the past handfull of years (Badfish, Slightly Stoopid, etc). This guy Rome actually sounds pretty good if you listen to these recordings on Youtube. And whether they play under the name Sublime or not, all jam fans should be the first to agree, its about the music first.

nomemory starstarstarstarstar Mon 3/2/2009 10:34PM

nomemory

I have to disagree with most of the comments here. While I have love and respect for bradley and his contributions, as we all do, I know that the other members of the band, being close friends of his, have even more love and respect for him. I doubt that they would do anything to disrespect his spirit, or the spirit of the music. Just as the Dead honor Jerry's spirit, but play on for him, rather than despite him. When Syd Barrett left a little band called Pink FLoyd everyone said that he was pink floyd, the same happened when Roger left years later, yet phenomenal music came out of those years. anyone that saw sublime before Brad's passing could tell you that half of the shows sucked ass, because of bradley and his addictions. So, give this new guy a chance. No, he's not bradley, so what. The other guys in the band are just as much a part of the band as him, and I have nothing but honor and respect for their choice to use the name sublime. If the music isn't as good, so what, these guys don't owe any of us anything; which is something that a lot of people on this website seem to forget about bands. You start a band for personal pleasure, and hopefully that spreads to the fans. If sublime were originally started in order to appease what the masses thought of them, they never would have had the edge or impact that they did. Let the guys play their music. A rose by any other name would smell just as funky.

fiftyhz Mon 3/2/2009 10:38PM

fiftyhz

SUBLAME!!!!!! Right on Pugs.

Jason Woodside Mon 3/2/2009 10:46PM

Jason Woodside

bud and eric may rock, but they are a rhythm section. ALL of the creativity came from bradley. He quite simply was Sublime. That being said I hope they have fun and rock out. I 100% agree that the music is given more justice if it is still being played

Ashefly starstarstarstarstar Mon 3/2/2009 10:56PM

personally why don't all of you that are hating on the idea of keeping the name sublime or even the attempt to revive a great band just grow up, and find something better to do than to complain all over jambase, like anyone really cares about your opinions anyways your all pathetic, give these guys some credit im sure bradley would love to know that a project and the energy he put into it was felt live again, keep the name sublime, its not like they tried to replace a key member and than keep the name of the band, he passed away, i personally will wait for a good quality sound file to make any judgement on the new idea myself, but i feel they should keep the name sublime. I hope to hear good things, and if they came to my location would def pay to see them live. also i didnt read all the comments just glanced at a few and they were pathetic. again i didnt read most of the comments so i dont know if anyone brought this up. but a lot of bands kept their original name after they either got rid of a member or a member died, personally i think you should only keep the name if a memeber died not booted out, anyways just throwing in my pathetic two cents.

T-man123 starstarstarstarstar Mon 3/2/2009 11:25PM

Wow, so quick to judge a show you didn't attend. You should have been there, simply incredible is all I can say. I give Bud and Eric credit, 15 years of silence, most family members don't morm that long for lost family members. I may be a little bias, but it doesn't seem like they did anything wrong. Thier addictions did not break up Sublime. The two remaining members are still alive, but they don't have the right to carry the on the legacy of what they helped create, or the right to use THIER band name. SHAME ON YOU who bash them. They are the only one's who have the right to decide what right for Sublime and what is respectful or disrespectful. And as for a few blogs about doing it for the money...it was a staggering $7.00 to get in the door. I'll tell you the truth about Saturday night at the Cantina. The planets alligned for that show. The weather was unusually warm for February, no fighting in a drunk crowd of 400+ and a truley magical sound coming from the stage. Somebody was working some magic and I am not a religious man. Bud and Eric are whats left of Sublime and if they have a new voice that can carry the magic back to so many fans, I support them 100%. If you have a problem with that, then get a life, get your own life and don't bother blogging about or attending any shows (if that happens)because that means the rest of us will have more room at the show to let these guys bring back the songs that we all love...LIVE. Oh...and as for all the BS about bands sucking after thier front man leaves or dies, I guess we are lucky the internet wasn't around when AC/DC's front man, Bon Scott, let his addictions take his life. We wouldn't have AC/DC and there would be no Back In Black. Support, don't hate!

spaceface7 starstarstarstarstar Tue 3/3/2009 01:23AM

yeah! TMAN! your the shit... how many of yall would go to a sublime show if it fell in your town??? i would, for the ((music)) its what this shits all about ass-clowns. just like if you were to go to a badfish show... fuckin covers.still music that can make you move.

spaceface7 Tue 3/3/2009 01:27AM

how bout yall go to a WAILERS show and wonder why all the people are dancing and have a good time without bob...f'in tweekers

jerZ Tue 3/3/2009 04:10AM

I hear that the Experience are touring again, and they got some dude from a barband in Texas to replace Hendrix

schmidt420 starstarstarstarstar Tue 3/3/2009 04:26AM

yeah you know i think this is awesome. i never comment on here because i personally think its pointless most of the time. But i think its funny that most of first people to post were so quick to say things like "the worst news ever" and "a bad day in the L.B.C" Why is this so bad? A band comes out and respectfully dedicates a set to a fallen bandmember, and plays the music they made with him the best way they possibly can after 15 years of barely touching the material. And to a crowd of about 400? Why is this bad news? Why would a tour be out of line? They are musicians and Bud and Eric were just as much a part of sublime as Brad. Why cant they honor that without a bunch of critical kids on a shitty blog site throwing out useless and horrible opinions on why THEIR music should never be played live again? I say rock on man. Oh and quit useing this "They arent doing it for the fans they are doing it for the money" Thats the dumbest thing anyone can say about any bands decision. Yeah im positive alot if not most of bands decisions are factored around money. Its because that being a musician is their JOB their LIVELIEHOOD, this is there way of making money for themselves and their families, of course bands are in it for the fans too, but to say any band isn't doing certain actions is just stupid. What's even worse though is condemning them for such actions, and saying that they sold out.

schmidt420 starstarstarstarstar Tue 3/3/2009 04:29AM

I meant doing certain actions for the money, sorry about that should have looked over my post before posting it!

BBFCFM515 Tue 3/3/2009 04:39AM

BBFCFM515

wow.

GeorgieP Tue 3/3/2009 05:05AM

GeorgieP

I'm fine with bands doing things for the money. You'll never see me complain about bands trying to make money or "selling out." Once in a while I'll say a ticket might be a little pricey, but that's only cause I probably can't afford it. If I could, I wouldn't give a rat's ass about the price. I said it's a sad day because in calling themselves the Sublime All-Stars, they're kind of diluting how important Brad was to the band, and not just musically. I know, I know, they're not doing it intentionally. I'm sure their hearts are in the right place, but I'm just a quirky guy and that's how I see things. It's hard to be an all-star band when far and away the most important piece of the puzzle is missing. Spaceface, I would definitely see them if they were in my area. Hell, I'd see pretty much anything if it were local, cheap, and could be a good time. But I would have a hard time seeing them as anything more than the LBD Allstars covering Sublime tunes with a new guy. That's fine I guess, but "Sublime All-stars," I see that as false advertising.

crazyleggedelbow starstarstarstarstar Tue 3/3/2009 05:46AM
lovemusical Tue 3/3/2009 06:02AM

When Long Beach Dub All Stars played together, they would cover Sublime frequently. I would rather see them, but would certainly check this line up out too. Bud and Eric are 2/3 Sublime, and have a legitimate right to play their music wherever they want. Will it make Sublime fans happy? Yes. Would Brad approve? Mos'Def.

nickrbk starstarstarstarstar Tue 3/3/2009 06:32AM

nickrbk

Play your fucking hearts out. For as long as they want to make music, i will listen. grow up people.

groovesharer Tue 3/3/2009 06:33AM

groovesharer

No. Bradley WAS Sublime. No, no, no.

Oh_mander starstarstar Tue 3/3/2009 06:33AM

I agree w/ bigchris - these guys have every right to perform these songs, but they should go by a new fucking name. Just like Alice in Chains and Blind Melon. No one can tell them not to tour or sing the songs because they helped write them, but let's not pretend that it could ever be the same band again. Honor your fallen comrades' memories by moving on with a new name.

Deadphishbiscuits Tue 3/3/2009 07:09AM

Deadphishbiscuits

why not just bring back Long Beach Dub allstars and throw some sublime tunes into the mix?

Kritter419 starstarstar Tue 3/3/2009 07:12AM

This is a bad idea. I mean is this the new fad or something? Look at Blind Melon, Travis was amazing and yet he is already out of the band. That bands now looks like a bunch of idiots and so will Eric and Bud. You can play an occasional tribute show or something, but don't come back. Alice in Chains can get away with it, Jerry is still alive and is half the voice and half the work. I LOVE SUBLIME, they are my all time favorite band. They show what a band should really be. They had fun with their music, their style is one of a kind. I am not saying I wouldn't go to the show, I would love to see Bud and Eric live, but I can't see Sublime without Brad. Brad's voice and character is unreplacable.

Bar Bluten Kat star Tue 3/3/2009 07:51AM

Bar Bluten Kat

Whats wrong with the article and the idea is in the second line, "Original Sublime founders Gaugh (drums) and Eric Wilson (bass) took the stage with guitarist/vocalist Rome replacing the late Bradley Nowell." Theres no such thing as REPLACING Bradly Nowell (RIP). I like the idea of goin back to the old stuff with a new singer, but dont try to replace Brad and still call it Sublime. Get creative, call it Subliminal Messaging or something. You can still convey the Sublime aspect of the band without walking over Mr. Nowell in the process...

GeorgieP Tue 3/3/2009 07:53AM

GeorgieP

Mr. crazyleggedelbow, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on JamBase is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

GratefulHokie Tue 3/3/2009 07:59AM

GratefulHokie

Yes long time Sublime fan as well...but this isn't them. Has nothing to do with knocking on their skills as musicians, clearly they still got it.

dankb23 Tue 3/3/2009 08:01AM

dankb23

i think sublime allstars is a decent name, i mean erik and bud played as the long beach dub allstars for a good number of years and only did a few sublime tracks, now that they are goin back to all sublime songs, it makes sense to combine the two names hence; sublime allstars, and have some guest mc's and other "allstar" guests and the name fits perfect.

Also using sublime as part of the name will help all the dumbasses that had no idea about the longbeachdub allstars.

stupid haters

crazyleggedelbow Tue 3/3/2009 08:05AM
jerZ Tue 3/3/2009 08:11AM

Relax people

dankb23 Tue 3/3/2009 08:13AM

dankb23

AW man the vids got removed before i had a chance to check out this new guy.. guess ill have to wait until they come around...

GeorgieP Tue 3/3/2009 08:20AM

GeorgieP

Nahh, I'm quite content with the first one. And did you just call me "cheesedick?" You sound like the bad guy in a shitty 80's B-movie. Settle down, bro, no need to get so bent out of shape. If music gets you this pissed off, I think you're listening to it wrong.

boethius Tue 3/3/2009 08:34AM

wait about 8 more years and then let jakob nowell step up and do it if he wants to. i'm sure he already knows all the songs.

chidodger Tue 3/3/2009 09:17AM

chidodger

I'v seen LBDAS, who started out great, but progressivly got worse, as well as it was obvious to the audience that the band just "wasn't into it" by the time Wonders of the World came out, and Long beach shortbus was a fun show to got to, but thier origional songs were not too good at all. I never got to see dubcat, but with the hepcat tragedy, I don't think they'll ever play again. Anyhow, I agree that there is only 1 brad Nowell, but if Eric and Bud want to keep making music, as well as playing sublime songs that THEY HELPED WRITE, more power to them, and hopefully they'll come thru Chicago this summer.

"drunk by noon but that's ok, I'll be president some day"-greatest hit

fishbassplayer Tue 3/3/2009 09:38AM

fishbassplayer

I'm from SCal, saw Sublime many times in clubs. Brad Nowell = Sublime. No Brad = It's another band. It's like saying The Grateful Dead is The Grateful Dead without Jerry.

BlowsAgainsttheEmpire starstarstarstarstar Tue 3/3/2009 09:43AM

BlowsAgainsttheEmpire

if they tour i hope that they at least attempt to create some brand new original material.

bluehoney starstarstar Tue 3/3/2009 10:31AM

Why don't you all just settle the hell down? Good lord. Good luck sublime boys, keep it up. Brad made some stupid ass decisions and us music lovers were robbed of just one more incredible talent due to chemical choices. Much love to SUBLIME. Dont change the name, create and keep on keepin on. You haters and complainers can just shut the f*%k up as far as true music lovers are concerned. Just 'cause somebody kills themself does not mean we have to kill the spirit of the band he was lucky enough to have been with.

torn&treyed Tue 3/3/2009 10:32AM

has anyone figured out that what I got is just lady madonna.... nor does he proceed to play the guitar like any riot

Kyndbud Tue 3/3/2009 10:35AM

Kyndbud

Here's the mindset I have (as a dissenter) about this 'reunion'. Yeah, you can all say "Bradley would want this..." yada, yada. How do you know? Like it was posted before, this was Bradley's band; his music, his heart and his soul. Big ups for them having a desire to perform those tunes live, but I thought they already played 'What I Got', 'Santeria' and everything else from a greatest hits tape to sell tickets to their Long Beach Dub All-stars shows.

If they choose to tour as Sublime, the best move would be to begin writing music. They shouldn't be their own tribute band for Christ-sakes. Badfish is out there for that. Unless, of course, they plan a small tour as a reunion tour and then hang up their gear.

Like all you, I hold Sublime in high regard. For that reason, I am hesitant to welcome this news with open arms. I am willing to bet that many of you saying this idea is the greatest thing since sliced bread are just craving some face-time with live Sublime tracks because you never had the opportunity to experience them before. That is fine... Ask The Dead.

gmoo Tue 3/3/2009 10:54AM

gmoo

This was bound to happen.

brooklynite84 Tue 3/3/2009 10:54AM

To some of these people, don't be hating on the Original Sublime...if it's not your taste then don't blog about it. If you're going to bitch, bitch about Slightly Stoopid or some tribute act that copies Sublime, cause Sublime were a pretty rockin band and I'm not even a huge fan, but I respect them. Come on, they did a "Scarlet Bagonias" cover...

worthlesswampyfool Tue 3/3/2009 11:13AM

worthlesswampyfool

most of you are idiots, people die. its sad but it happens. just because brad took his life with drugs why should they let them ruin their years of hard work? grateful dead still played as grateful dead without pigpen, without everyone but jerry. alice in chains is now touring as alice in chains and its great. blind melon has returned to blind melon and its great. stop bitching its not your band. who cares. music is music. and just because brads dead it doesn't make his music sacred. its still very over rated. its simple music done with much emotion and conviction... you can find that every where if you know where to look... read more books listen to more local artist... im out

jr2037 Tue 3/3/2009 12:29PM

jr2037

There's nothing inherently wrong about this and I would go to one of these shows in a second - and so would any Sublime fan.

Its never going to replace the original Sublime, they know it and everyone knows it - this is what it is... and you know what? You have no say or right to judge.

This is their music and if this is what they want to do then you have to have the humility and respect to just calmly accept it. They knew Brad just a little better than you and were ACTUALLY IN THE BAND. Don't even try to start talking about Brad, like you knew him. etc. Who the hell are you anyway? Respect their decisions. They know what the deal is - Not you.

Dire46daysWolf Tue 3/3/2009 12:30PM

Dire46daysWolf

this is the lamest thing i have ever seen who the hell is the Rome guy and why is he butchering Brad's classics? this makes me sick. I gave the remaining members of sublime way too much credit i guess.

chidodger Tue 3/3/2009 01:57PM

chidodger

You know, the more I thought about it today, I will agree with you guys that they should just reform as the Long Beach Dub Allstars. Even if all the origional members of the allstars (raz1, opie, miguel, marshall) are not included in the lineup, I guess it really isn't right to call the band Sublime without Brad. It's a real shame in my opionion that shit went bad among the members of the allstars, because thier first tour for the Right Back album was 1 of the best shows i'v ever been to. The crowd ERUPTED when they opened with Scarlet Bagonias, and Thier origional stuff went over very well live. Although it may be labeled as a "nostalgia" act, I think the fans will come out for this, and with such a great selection of songs, everyone will leave the show happy.

"rudy gets plenty"-Jailhouse

cUB_nAsTY Tue 3/3/2009 02:27PM

cUB_nAsTY

BOO to people who write REALLY long comments

trippgray Tue 3/3/2009 05:00PM

trippgray

sub-stitute

metalmilitia Wed 3/4/2009 10:25AM

crazyleggedelbow said "custy." really??

shechter.g starstarstarstarstar Wed 3/4/2009 11:11AM

shechter.g

Im amazed at the negativity people are showing about this! We all miss Brad and wish he was still around, but just because he isn't doesn't mean his music should be left to just the recordings he left behind! I never met Brad but I bet he loves this idea. What better way to honor him than to continue buying tickets to see his music live? If they start writing new stuff, than I agree they should put it under a different name, but as long as they're playing sublime music I think its all good.

Make sure you show the east coast some love too!

Gutterlush Wed 3/4/2009 05:24PM

Musicians Form Band>Make Sweet Sounds>Singer Shoots Heroin>Singer Dies-Forever Silent>Remaining Musicians Perform Their Songs>Brad Smiles Down>Musicians Belittled.

Haters Unite! Let the rest of us know; how do you type with your sphincter???

jfk420 starstarstarstar Wed 3/4/2009 05:44PM

jfk420

i want sublime in jacksonville tomarrow why didn't these guys do this earlier. Oh and new songs as well.

Nick1257 starstarstar Thu 3/5/2009 06:03AM

Nick1257

Brad was the creative force behind this band. I just don't see why 13 years later they would decide this is a good idea. Not saying they shouldn't i just find it to be a feeble attempt to recreate something that is missing its main component.

moogot2 Mon 3/9/2009 02:52PM

hopefully they play tighter than they did whn i saw em in chico the night before bradley died....i have never seen a band slop through a set like that in my life...brads voice=good.....the band= fail

Berns starstar Tue 3/10/2009 12:20AM

Berns

is this going to be better than the LBC...fucking hope so, new songs are great to hear but not fake songs..hope it rocks cuz they will sure as hell skip out on montana idaho wyoming anyways...keep groovin

peace

skye

RNB Wed 12/2/2009 12:48PM

RNB

I saw Blind Melon without Shannon last year and it was pretty fucking badass. Before I saw them though, I had my doubts. I 'll need to see S*blime first, then I'll decide. BUT Sublime holds a different (bigger) part of my heart than Blind Melon. So.