Brothers Past Re-Releases

BROTHERS PAST ANNOUNCES DIGITAL RE-RELEASE OF ITS BACK CATALOG

Brothers Past
Brothers Past will make a portion of its back catalog available digitally for iTunes through a deal with Nashville's Dualtone Records. The Philadelphia quartet, known for blending indie rock anthems with electronic improvisation, is re-releasing its first full-length A Wonderful Day and its only EP statEPolice. Both are now available on iTunes.

Originally released in 2002, A Wonderful Day is the band's conceptual ode to insomnia and paranoia. The band has performed the album live several times in its entirety. The 2003 release statEPolice is a five-song EP that contains several rare tracks. Only 2,000 copies of the disc were originally pressed.

To help commemorate the occasion, the band will dig into its archive and offer up a free download for fans. Beginning this week, fans will be able to download a segment of the band's November 6, 2004 performance at the Pour House in Raleigh, N.C. The segments includes portions of fan favorites "Too Late to Call," "The Mirror," "Big Blue Apples" and "The Ceiling." The segment will be hosted at www.archive.org.

The announcement comes just a few short weeks after the band sold out its first announced performance of 2008: a NYE show at The Note, in West Chester, PA. Tickets sold out within 30 minutes of going on sale.

In many ways, the show marks a new beginning for the Philly quartet, which made a name for itself by merging carefully crafted indie-ish pop songs with electronic interludes and fearless improvisation. Their 2004 release THIS FEELING'S CALLED GOODBYE (Sci-Fidelity Records) earned the band critical acclaim and slots at several national festivals, including South by Southwest, Bonnaroo, Langerado, and Wakarusa.

No 2009 tourdates have been announced.

[Published on: 12/3/08]

Comments

tourfan starstarstarstarstar Wed 12/3/2008 12:18PM

Well, this is cool news. Please don't hate on me for not being familiar with BP ... I'd heard of BP, but have never seen them live. Have caught Tom with his act American Babies, and I really really like AB. I know many of you don't, and that's cool. But I do hope to hear more from AB. But I will also look forward to getting to know BP better too.

Drbeaker Wed 12/3/2008 12:42PM

Well I know almost nothing about American Babies but I got very into BP in 02-04. The first time I saw them they were opening for ekoostik hookah at the Knitting Factor on my 17th birthday. I came for hookah, having no idea who they were, but left thinking they'd almost upstaged hookah at their own show. I have heard Tom with Electron and the Younger Brother live band (both with Magner and Brownie of Bisco and Joe Russo on drums) and will check out AB but I'm really hoping for a BP reunion.

Roswellznutsack Wed 12/3/2008 02:25PM

Brothers past rules and the guys in the band are chill as fuck!!! Come back out west brothers!!!

futhepharmer starstarstarstarstar Wed 12/3/2008 04:46PM

futhepharmer

I saw these guys play late at night at Nugroove Fest in either '06 or '05.

Trippin' my balls off sitting at my tent up the hill from the stage, they had a killer light show and were very intense.

Glarp!

timwho Wed 12/3/2008 06:39PM

timwho

Yeah BP is dope. I actually recently saw clay parnell doing his side project BioDesiel out in boston. That was some sick stuff.

FreshFlavor starstarstarstarstar Wed 12/3/2008 08:18PM

FreshFlavor

Sounds great guys! Been waiting since 12/28/07 to see when you were going to be back in action. Still rage my Pearl St. and Brass Lantern shows all the time. Can't wait to see some tour dates! Long live the BP.

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^› {¬¿¬} Thu 12/4/2008 06:39AM

BP was not bad, I caught them once.

american babies.. its not even close.

I did not like the album at all :(

Lakai Thu 12/4/2008 09:42AM

Lakai

yawn, put out a NEW ALBUM. I hope they play more shows than just this one time NYE reunion.

oohwilson Thu 12/4/2008 10:23AM

oohwilson

saw them open for Umphrey's in D.C., very cool band. I especially enjoyed the song dead clowns

zachph7 Mon 12/8/2008 06:56PM

zachph7

I am glad to see these guys are playing again. I really hope they announce some additional tour dates. Any word on that???