Al & TheTransamericans Tour

Al & The Transamericans Tour

Al & The Transamericans
Following moe.'s final scheduled gig at Farm Aid on September 20, the band will take an extended period of time off. In light of this, Al Schnier has announced a tour with his side project Al & the Transamericans. In addition to Schnier, the alt-country-rock group features moe. bandmate Vinnie Amico (drums), Kirk Juhas (keyboardist), Eric Glockler (bass) and Gordon Stone (banjo and pedal steel). The band's Northeast tour will kick off at Utica, NY's Electric Company on Halloween and conclude in Syracuse, NY on November 15.

Al & The Transamericans Tour Dates
10.31 | Electric Company Utica, New York
11.01 | Valentine's Albany, New York
11.05 | TBA Portland, Maine
11.06 | TBA Newmarket, New Hampshire
11.07 | B.B. King's New York, New York
11.08 | Mexicali Blues Teaneck, New Jersey
11.10 | TBA Ithaca, New York
11.11 | Club Cafe Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
11.12 | Ramshead Live Annapolis, Maryland
11.13 | 8x10 club Baltimore, Maryland
11.14 | The Sherman Theatre Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
11.15 | Lost Horizon Syracuse, New York

Comments

okalrightic Tue 9/9/2008 10:19AM
lerner starstarstarstarstar Tue 9/9/2008 10:21AM

lerner

Man's a workhorse!

bigworld starstarstarstar Tue 9/9/2008 10:37AM

bigworld

Okayalright, no need to hate. Al and the trans fall into a completely different genre/sound than moe.

This is where you get to hear Al rippin on his tele getting down to his bluegrass roots. Come on, when else are you going to hear Punchline with some country twang and some stellar pedal steel? See yall in Albany.

WARPAR Tue 9/9/2008 10:44AM

Weak dates. No Virginia, but 5 NY shows? Sucky.

Jeff Kash Tue 9/9/2008 11:08AM

Jeff Kash

Allen Iverson & The Transamericans Tour

allgoodwithhood Tue 9/9/2008 11:46AM

two weakest memebers.....??? i dont think so

tgratefulapple Tue 9/9/2008 11:58AM

tgratefulapple

i wish this shit would come to the southeast. and al is part of the backbone that is moe., he has really out shined chuck the last couple of tours too.

reuben25 Tue 9/9/2008 01:06PM

reuben25

there is no such thing as a weakest member in a band as talented as moe.

adamjfreed Tue 9/9/2008 01:09PM

not saying moe. is phish, but based on the same theory:

who wouldn't give their left nut to see the two weakest members of Phish. Was is a comment like that even mean? A band is the sum of its parts, so two out of five members (in the case of moe.) may not be as strong. That doesn't make it not worth seeing.

HoodooVoodoo starstarstarstarstar Tue 9/9/2008 01:33PM

HoodooVoodoo

I love Al and the Trannys.

Smittea starstarstarstarstar Tue 9/9/2008 01:35PM

Smittea

allgoodwithhood "two weakest memebers.....??? i dont think so"

------------------------------

You're a week member. Actually kidding. BUT, consinder if you are correct, then ticket prices should be a reflection of that. I saw al.one once, that was as you say, "weak". Vinnie and Al with three other musicians? I'd totally go. Actually where as Al has given up much lead playing over the years to an issue with nerve damage in his hand/wrist, I think lyrically his songs have always been stronger than Chuck's. So heed the words of reuben25 when he says, "there is no such thing as a weakest member in a band as talented as moe."

---------------------------------

Right on brother! You know what you're talking about!

silent_J Tue 9/9/2008 01:47PM

I wonder where they're going to play in Newmarket- I heard the Stone Church was closing down soon. I think the restaurant is already closed, too bad- was a pretty cool, small venue...

okalrightic Tue 9/9/2008 02:31PM

let me clarify my early post...moe. being gone of my favorite bands of all time. I consider al and vinnie to be the two weakest members because i hold the other 3 in extremely high regard. I think Vinnie is a total workhorse who lays down really solid and consistent beats, i also think he is really anything special. Al is great, hes a nasty guitarist and writes good songs...i just prefer Chuck's patience and tone to al overuse of delay and almost constant shredding. In any case i would never want moe. to be moe. without these two.

I've seen all and the trans Americans a couple times, and thought is was ok...nothing really impressive. I'll probably go to the 8x10 show in hopes that they'll wow me this time. But im not going with an huge expectations.

just my .02

RandyCrouchMusic starstarstarstarstar Wed 9/10/2008 12:40AM

RandyCrouchMusic

saw the Al & Transamericans in Des Moines a few years ago. A phenomenal show.

allgoodwithhood Wed 9/10/2008 09:09AM

smittea, incase you did not understand, I was saying that al and vinnie are not the weakest members, i thought that was rather obvious by my statement, i dont think any member of the band is "weak" the one thing i do believe is that Al is the man and when I go to moe. shows you can find me first row al side

Smittea starstarstarstarstar Wed 9/10/2008 10:00AM

Smittea

I stand corrected allgoodwithhood ... sorry, I didn't see the first post. I got confused. Its all good!

moeMan1 starstarstarstarstar Wed 9/10/2008 10:11AM

moeMan1

i hope they expand this tour. Al i know you want to get out to Colorado this winter to do some skiing. Make it happen!

tgratefulapple Wed 9/10/2008 01:02PM

tgratefulapple

AL SIDE!!!!

Rollin' Rosemary! Thu 9/11/2008 02:22PM

Rollin' Rosemary!

BALLIN!

mattmorris84 Tue 9/16/2008 08:32PM

I will see everyone in albany!