Volta to Headline Detour

The Mars Volta to Headline Detour Music Festival on 10/04 in Los Angeles, CA

The Mars Volta
Set to take place in downtown Los Angeles on October 4, this year's Detour Music Festival will feature over 25 acts on four outdoor stages, plus vendors and art installations, spread across six city blocks around City Hall. Confirmed headliners include genre-bending proggies The Mars Volta and irrepressible Gypsy-punk collective Gogol Bordello. Take the Metro (there's a stop just steps away); stroll the streets, drink-in-hand; and celebrate our own world-class music festival.

Confirmed artists include:

Adam Freeland
Bloody Beetroots
The Mae Shi
The Presets
The Submarines
We Are Wolves

Tickets and additional info available here.

[Published on: 8/8/08]

Comments

SmashySmashy starstarstarstarstar Fri 8/8/2008 10:46AM

SmashySmashy

This looks great! But then comes the mars volta hate..

RothburyWithCheese starstarstarstarstar Fri 8/8/2008 10:54AM

RothburyWithCheese

Mars Volta rules!! Grand Ole Party is terrific! Matt Costa has a couple of good songs. The rest: Zzzzzzz....

Conjugal Burning starstarstarstarstar Fri 8/8/2008 12:01PM

Conjugal Burning

You west coast cats get the dopest Volta shows! Jealous am I

biscok1d starstar Fri 8/8/2008 12:07PM

Too bad this is the same weekend as Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival - and it's not FREE

bigfro Fri 8/8/2008 12:26PM

bigfro

Mars Volta is good, but why would I pay for the 50 other bands I could care less about.

oneshowatatime starstarstarstarstar Fri 8/8/2008 01:41PM

oneshowatatime

What do you mean the rest is "Zzzzzzzzzzzzz...?"

You haven't heard Cut Copy my friend...

JEBBFCFM Fri 8/8/2008 01:45PM

JEBBFCFM

Detour last year was great, they blocked off a few intersections in downtown in front of city hall, 2 stages in the street, beer garden on the lawn of city hall, and the lighting they added to the area gave it a great ambience, but last year Justice was headlining so this year i'll be at the David Byrne shows YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Natey Fri 8/8/2008 01:54PM

Natey

Yep. I'll be at the David Byrne show as well.......then up to Hardly Strictly for the last day

mattland starstarstarstarstar Fri 8/8/2008 03:08PM

mattland

No Mars Volta hate here. They put on one of the best shows I've ever seen. Wish I could be there in LA.

Mr_McDankenstein Fri 8/8/2008 04:03PM

Mr_McDankenstein

The Mars Volta used to be just ridiculous, de-loused in the comatorium and frances the mute are 2 of my favorite albums but then Cedric and Omar seemed to get a bit conceited and got rid of Jon Theodore and it all seems to go downhill from there. I do not hate them, I just won't see them until they get their shit together and bring back Jon Theodore

RothburyWithCheese starstarstarstarstar Fri 8/8/2008 04:17PM

RothburyWithCheese

Listen to me: Grand Ole Party rules!! Check them out....

Jeff Kash Sat 8/9/2008 08:11AM

Jeff Kash

This looks like a good one to skip.

msd413886669 starstarstarstarstar Sat 8/9/2008 10:06AM

msd413886669

Hey bigfro, you should go just to watch Volta. its worth the opportunity to see them outdoors and play as long as they want. should be amazing. wish I was there.

AndyCox93 Sat 8/9/2008 05:19PM

To Mr. McDankenstein: I agree that Jon Theodore was and still is the man... but you should definitely check out the Volta with Thomas Pridgen. He is world class and beats the junk out of his drum set every night.

makesensetome star Sat 8/9/2008 07:22PM
phanatic2 starstarstarstarstar Mon 8/11/2008 11:35AM

Read a quote in Relix from the Jerry feature and it was something along the lines of most people who say they do not like the grateful dead havent even heard them. That totally applies to volta. and ec,....If you listened to Volta at least once, you will be able to tell they jam. Frances the Mute has about 76 minutes of straight improvisation. Im sure Jerry would be impressed. Bring on the Volta in Boston.....Im on my way Cedric and Omar

groovatronics Mon 8/11/2008 11:35AM

peanut butter wolf is the shit.

black lips are dope as fuck too.

phucker starstarstarstarstar Mon 8/11/2008 04:00PM

I like Gogol also, very fun.

TMV fans that want John Theodore bore me, cmon u guys just want something to complain about. Thomas Prigden is a monster, prolly the best drummer out there, you should be proud but no, "we want John Theodore" in my best whining voice.

I would go to TMV but will be at David Byrne as well, can't miss it!

Jeff Kash Tue 8/12/2008 07:19AM

Jeff Kash

Is each band going to play 30 songs that are 2 minutes each?