Ryan Adams Adds Dates

Ryan Adams & The Cardinals Add Dates

Ryan Adams and the Cardinals by Josh Miller
In anticipation of the tentative fall release of their new album, Ryan Adams and the Cardinals have announced an additional run of headline dates kicking off September 25 in Schenectady NY. On-sale information will be posted on www.ryan-adams.com as it becomes available.

The new dates expand on the current Cardinals itinerary, which commences August 23 at The Fillmore in San Francisco and includes a run of Canadian shows supporting Oasis as well as an additional headline date at Boston's Bank of America Pavilion.

Cardinals are Ryan Adams (vocals, guitar, keys), Neal Casal (guitar, vocals), Chris Feinstein (bass), Jon Graboff (pedal steel) and Brad Pemberton (drums).

RYAN ADAMS & THE CARDINALS U.S. 2008 TOUR

09.30 - Cleveland, OH - Palace Theater
10.02 - Indianapolis, IN - Murat Theatre
10.03 - St. Louis, MO - Fox Theater
10.05 - Madison, WI - Overture Hall
* supporting Oasis

[Published on: 7/30/08]

Comments

Cosmicsailor Wed 7/30/2008 11:47AM
Marcsmall Wed 7/30/2008 12:03PM
iwantstogetfunkedup Wed 7/30/2008 12:06PM

At least he has good taste in Alice in Chains Songs to cover. That sounds good...

Gigger starstarstarstarstar Wed 7/30/2008 12:07PM

awesome! good shows at playhouse square in Cleveland are becoming rare

Revpnice starstar Wed 7/30/2008 12:12PM

Revpnice

And you can count on him to actually show up for half of the shows too!!!!

gratefuled starstarstarstar Wed 7/30/2008 12:12PM

gratefuled

Nice! Tweedy and Adams are the best modern-day songwriters...hands down. Too bad he's skipping Oregon this time around.

HoodooVoodoo starstarstarstarstar Wed 7/30/2008 12:13PM
Cola21 Wed 7/30/2008 12:24PM

Cola21

I adore Ryan. He's crazy, probably clinically. He's unpredictable. But he writes some of the greatest music out there these days. And now we've seen that he can make "Gold" whether he's on drugs or sober. Too bad he never comes to Omaha

Smittea star Wed 7/30/2008 12:26PM

Smittea

I imagine JamBase and Relix actively pursue some artists and groups so that they can interview them and write articles for this site and the magazine in order to inform their readers about truly great musicians. I also imagine there are some really lackluster middle of the road acts that contact JamBase and Relix to feature an article on them so that they can get more exposure and possibly increase their fan base.... So now we turn to Ryan Adams and pose the above hypothesis.

KCReb Wed 7/30/2008 12:44PM

KCReb

That stage setup makes it look like they're part of a natural history museum exhibit. I've never seen Mr. Adams live, but I do think he's a superb songwriter. That's not counting his off- (and sometimes on-) stage antics.

Chaloupka starstarstarstarstar Wed 7/30/2008 12:51PM

Chaloupka

Can't wait for the new album, but wish they were coming to Colorado for this tour . . .

rainydaywomen420 starstarstarstarstar Wed 7/30/2008 12:55PM

rainydaywomen420

"dont criticize what you cant understand". Ryan and the cardinals aint the be all to end all but i like what they do and take interest. With that said im lovin all the northeast dates, being that im from buffalo i will for sure be checkin them out in roch cha cha.

linsbee314 star Wed 7/30/2008 01:12PM
Muffinman1 Wed 7/30/2008 01:52PM
Muffinman1 Wed 7/30/2008 01:53PM

Muffinman1

*From Adams

shonuff Wed 7/30/2008 02:15PM

prove me wrong, but I believe he has been showing up to all of the shows since he has been clean. Although you cannot use drug abuse as an excuse to do a no-show. I recommend cold roses and easy tiger to new comers to his music. Also, check out his work with phil & friends on archive.org.

jammasterjustin Wed 7/30/2008 02:15PM

ill be in syracuse, maybe rochester. ive never heard him live, is he good?

snappy Wed 7/30/2008 02:34PM

snappy

The sad part of our culture is once someone's soundbite is written it stays that way regardless of how someone evolves. I was always on the fence with Ryan Adams until a couple years ago when he got his act together, solidified the Cardinals line-up and really put his shoulder into his music. This is, simply put, one of THE great live bands out there right now. I don't say that lightly but each time I see them I'm knocked back on my heels, and that's kept up for a couple years now. Psyched to see them at the Fillmore.

nbailin2 starstarstarstarstar Wed 7/30/2008 02:54PM

hey cosmic sailor, how often does ryan cancel these days? He's been pretty good in last year as far as i know. one of best live shows today as well.

mickrod420 starstarstar Wed 7/30/2008 03:00PM

That d-bag should come to moe.down and make up for flake'n out last year.

willydog Wed 7/30/2008 04:22PM

willydog

Hey Snappy, great comment!!! I am hot and cold on Ryan. Didn't care for him with Phil, but then again I don't care for most of Phil's line-ups (chasing shadows). I love the Grateful Dead, before the haters start in. If Ryan has cleaned up his act we should all back off. Give a guy a chance to get right.

RoddyP Wed 7/30/2008 05:14PM

snappy nailed it! well put from someone who obviousy looks objectively towards music. like many of the readers to this website i see a lot of live music (and yes mostly jambands)and i'm telling you go see Ryan live. he'll blow your mind with his intensity alone. granted he screws around and does rub his fans the wrong way at times and be a cry baby but as soon as the first note is hit his vocals and heart is in it! his studio albums are good but as in most cases his live shows are excellent and extremly different than studio cuts. if you havent seen him (which i imagine all the haters haven't) and your screaming because he didnt show one time many years ago, dont worry you werent out anything! oh and also for you haters, Ryan jams out also.....

Navin R. Johnson Wed 7/30/2008 05:31PM

Navin R. Johnson

Wells Said Snappy. Ryan Adams and The Cardinals are one of the most urgent bands on the scene today. Cannot wait for the WaMu show with Oasis. Fucking brilliant electric sheet. Best song writer out there right now. Period.

Nice post Snappy. Your my hero!

Muffinman1 Wed 7/30/2008 06:14PM

Muffinman1

I here what your saying snappy, but let me remind you that he canceled at moe.down last year and another festival at stonehenge. I agree with what you say, and I even like his music, but it takes a while to change a reputation. Maybe he's on his way.

mescking Wed 7/30/2008 07:07PM

mescking

Granted he flaked on moe.down but Adams has been much more responsible in regards to shows than in the past. If some of the negative reviewers had actually bothered to find some of the recent Cardinals shows out there, they would know that Adams as a live act is possibly at an all time best. That he's finally playing some shows in Upstate NY is only a plus.

mowerman Wed 7/30/2008 09:56PM

Like Trey Anastasio never backed out of a fest? So please don't give Ryan Adams to much shit about it. He has his shit together for once FANTASTIC!

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^› {¬¿¬} Thu 7/31/2008 03:26AM

"Ryan Adams to wed and produce album with Amy Winehouse" Associated Press

7-31-08

bold99 Thu 7/31/2008 06:30AM

Ryan has been great lately...listen to any bootleg in the past few years.

The Cards are a kick A#$# rock band. I'm kinda glad he didn't play Moedown. He will show up to play with Phil at the Nokia like he did last year.

kirkbrew starstarstarstarstar Thu 7/31/2008 06:55AM

kirkbrew

Ah…a bunch of whiners bitching about stuff that (A) you know nothing about and (B) don’t matter a hill of beans.

And while all you numb nutz have been flaming each other, I doubt any of you bothered to go to his site.

www.ryan-adams.com

Probably the oddest musician site I have ever seen.

As for skipping moedown, he probably sobered up, heard their stuff and said, "These guys fucking suck balls. I'm not going on a bill with them".

You kids need a big helping dish of get-over-it.

breadloaf Thu 7/31/2008 07:19AM

shonuff, I would also add Jacksonville City Nights as an entry into Ryan Adams material. Flake or not, sober or wasted, the guy is easily one of the most talented songwriters of the modern era. The first time I heard "A Kiss Before I Go" I thought I was listening to a classic Hank Williams tune. The song must have stayed in my mind for months. A veritable masterpiece.

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^› {¬¿¬} starstarstarstarstar Thu 7/31/2008 09:34AM

honestly I do not mind listening to his albums, but he is such a whiner of a bitch!

kirkbrew starstarstarstarstar Thu 7/31/2008 10:09AM

kirkbrew

trusmoka - Good try. Never been into the hippi-crack. You'll be at the disco bus solo, bro. Have fun!

Funny, I'm talking shit but you still went to his website. Glad a shit talker like me can still help you out :)

As for Ryan missing gigs, Radiohead just cancelled a gig because of sickness, but no one is going ape shit on York.

Seems like the Dead took off the last half of '86 because of Jerry's splendid health.

Then there was the cancellation of the '92 Veneta show. But you guys give him a pass?

Was that worse than propping him up night after night when he was barely able to make it through the second set? It sucks to back out on a show, but is that worse than going out on stage half ass?

Not looking to get a rise out of anyone, but how about a level playing field?

Grateful Red Thu 7/31/2008 11:36AM

Grateful Red

Personally, I don't like him all that much. Don't hate him either. I'm sure he's an excellent musician. However, the bs coming outta some of you guys about him being the 'greatest songwriter alive' is so ridiculous that I had to inject some common sense. He's OK. Quit overreacting and getting all protective of your favorite artist and just realize that he's simply OK. He's not a guitar legend. He's not singing with some unreal pipes. There's no slow boogie roll. He's not close to Dylan lyrically (and I meant Jakob). What's the big deal?

P.S. Worst received performance at the entire Telluride Bluegrass Fest. Can all those fun loving folks be wrong?

Igrift starstarstar Thu 7/31/2008 12:36PM

Igrift

I love Ryan, but I'm still bitter he got kicked out of Phil & Friends before the first Vegoose, allowing Joan Osborne to weasel her way back in to ruin so many songs. Ryan owes any of us who were there. Sorry

Danger8504 starstarstarstarstar Thu 7/31/2008 09:07PM

pumped for the two shows. i have been a long time ryan adam shows and the new shows are alot different more focused since his been clean. And Cola21 loved your comment totally agree. hope hell come to omaha for ya.

New band ive been checking out killer songwriter if your into that stuff give it a listen. its some of the best song writing i think ive listened to in awhile, just thought i would share with fellow music lovers

www.myspace.com/ashtreetown

dspaseman Fri 8/1/2008 05:52AM

dspaseman

I couldnt agree with kirkbrew more! Yeah- musicians are people and sometimes drugs get the best of them. At least he has made it back to a sober place and writes some beautiful music. May not be your thing...not hippie enough...not jammy enough...but great songwriting in my opinion. It sounds like a bunch of crybabies whining about a crybaby musician. At least you guys give me something to read and laugh about during my work day.

jackiesoup starstarstarstarstar Fri 8/1/2008 09:50AM

Best songwriter and band since the Grateful Dead IMO.

Similar vibe in the music. I'll be at every show I possibly can.

Also, the guy cracks his audience up more than almost anyone out there.

The other comments here are kinda funny too.

gmoo Fri 8/1/2008 03:47PM

gmoo

Say what you want about him, but Ryan Adams makes great music imo.

Daddyphatsacks Sat 8/2/2008 06:48AM

Daddyphatsacks

If you like live music these guys bring some serious tone. It's a stringed assault on your ears and mind. Great harmonies, musicianship and songwriting. Saw them at the Telluride Fest this summer and I'm hoping for more Southwest shows in the future. I too would recommend Cold Roses and then Easy Tiger as albums to check out. Oasis isn't my favorite (music for teenage girls), but if I was in Canada I'd be catching one of these shows. Adam's cover of Wonderwall is another to take a listen to. Peace.

Daddyphatsacks Sat 8/2/2008 06:50AM

Daddyphatsacks

Oh ya, he does fuckin JAM too.