Yarmony Fest: RRE, Emmitt-Nersh

Yarmony Grass Music Festival - High in the Colorado Rockies
August 15-17, 2008 :: Copper Mountain Resort, Colorado
Railroad Earth (2 nights) • Emmitt-Nershi Band • Hot Buttered Rum • Peter Rowan & Friends

Railroad Earth
The YarmonyGrass Music Festival takes place August 15-17 at Copper Mountain Resort — high in the Colorado Rockies. YarmonyGrass explores the lineage of jamgrass and fosters its development for future generations of music lovers; and is a tribute to the influence and legacy of groundbreaking Colorado bands that have created their own brands of music via rootsy song-writing, cross-genre exploration, and world-class musicianship.

This year is sure to be the biggest in the festival's three-year history, with an incredible lineup composed of some of the biggest names in the jamgrass community. Headliners include Railroad Earth (2 nights), Hot Buttered Rum, Peter Rowan & Friends, and Strings for Industry featuring Darol Anger, Tye North, Scott Law and special guest, Michael Kang. While a SCI reunion concert isn't in the cards, we're excited to welcome several of their projects including Emmitt Nershi Band, Kyle Hollingsworth, Honkytonk Homeslice Electric (with Keith Moseley & Christian Teele), and EOTO with Michael Kang.

Copper Mountain Resort is located in the heart of the Rockies, just 77 miles from Denver offering summer hiking, biking, rafting, and golf. Surrounded by national forest, with mild sunny days and cool crisp nights, Copper Mountain is the perfect setting for this outdoor jamgrass festival. Enjoy three days of music with resort-style lodging, outdoor activities and nearby camping at what is quickly becoming a new summer tradition for jamgrass lovers nationwide.

YarmonyGrass and The Conscious Alliance will be hosting the first Annual Food Drive to benefit The Summit Foundation. All patrons that donate 10 non-perishable food items will receive a free limited edition YarmonyGrass poster created by rock artist, Robert Marx. The Conscious Alliance always encourages food donations to be low-sodium health food oriented products. Donations of Ramen Noodles will not be accepted in exchange for the poster.

Tickets: A limited quantity of $99 Early-Bird 3-day tickets are available. Advance 3-day tickets are $120, with a regular ticket price of $140. Single-day tickets, Yarmony Revival Tent tickets, and a variety of VIP and Lodging packages are available. Ticket prices subject to service fees. On sale now thru www.yarmonygrass.com, by phone at 866.464.2626, or in person at Colorado King Soopers & select City Market locations.

[Published on: 6/13/08]

Comments

Marcsmall Fri 6/13/2008 09:45AM
jackstraw1984 Fri 6/13/2008 10:07AM

jackstraw1984

You would, marcsmall. Think of something positive to say before you get on here. This sounds fuckin sweet, Honkytonk Homeslice Electric? I'll reserve judgment on that one. It's sweet to see Billy's playin with Keith, though.

foight starstarstarstar Fri 6/13/2008 10:51AM

Been to every Yarmony Grass so far and it has been some of the most fun I have ever had! Great music, in an intimate setting. I was also at transgression music festival which was set up exactly like this years Yarmony Grass and I feel it is a perfect setting for a music festival! Also, even though the article plays down the fact that all of the members of cheese are going to be at this festival, I don't think the thought should be tossed aside. I think big things are meant to happen in small homegrown situations. Yarmony grass is just that, homegrown, Colorado roots good ol pickin! Sound good!

P.S. Tim Carbone=Yarmony Grass MVP. If any of you artists read this, year three is up for grabs bring the heat!

fishbone1 starstarstarstarstar Fri 6/13/2008 11:32AM

fishbone1

I guess I can see how this might be old news.... I mean my roommate told me about this in April and I've been looking forward to it since, especially because I couldn't make it to telluride. Does anybody know anything about the golf mentioned here? I'll bring my set if someone wants to put together a foursome!

Cedringt starstarstarstar Fri 6/13/2008 11:58AM

This sounds like a great time. Wish they had more stuff like this where i live. Still haven't seen emmitt/nershi or honkeytonk homeslice.

HoodooVoodoo starstarstarstarstar Fri 6/13/2008 12:00PM

HoodooVoodoo

What the hell is a yarmony anyway?

Brooklynn Fri 6/13/2008 12:10PM

Brooklynn

can't wait!!! late night cornmeal is going to be fun

willydog Fri 6/13/2008 12:16PM

willydog

I can't wait!!!!! marcsmall I am sure you know most everything before it is reported. You are a genius!!! Hey who is going to be president? When will gas prices drop? When is Phish getting back together? When is SCI getting back together? Please look into that crystal ball of yours or is it difficult to see with your head up your ass. Go Yarmony. PS - I am sure marcsmall already has the setlist.

Danimal Fri 6/13/2008 12:38PM

Danimal

marc's right. this is old news.

breckenridgejam starstarstarstarstar Fri 6/13/2008 01:42PM

breckenridgejam

Anyone else smell a SCI reunion show for the Rebel Alliance Jam? I think so!!!

Muffinman1 Fri 6/13/2008 03:07PM

Muffinman1

This sounds relly fun, wish I didn't live so far away. Honkey tonk electric should be interesting. And EOTO isn't jamgrass, but I still like them.

Danimal Fri 6/13/2008 04:07PM

Danimal

Honkeytonk Homeslice has got to be one of the worst band names on the scene. I know it's inconsequential but still, that name is about as annoying to me as Bill Nershi is.

emplancher1 Sat 6/14/2008 07:28PM

emplancher1

yarmony rocked last year~ tim carbone ripped that shit up!!! too bad someone burnt down state bridge...now that was an awesome venue! nershi's "texas" and "born on the wrong planet" acoustic all alone surrounded by what was state bridge...totally bad ass.

acomma Sun 6/15/2008 01:19PM

acomma

danimal, explain yourself PLEASE about Nershi annoying you, or don't say anything. Are you jealous you can't pick quite as fast, or are you jealous you can't write a sweet song?

foight Sun 6/15/2008 01:43PM

So after two nights of RRE playing better then they ever have at the Ogden theater in Denver, I can safely say that Yarmonygrass is going to be the best bluegrass experience of the summer! I am soo pumped! To answer HoodooVoodoo's question, the name Yarmony Grass comes form the Promoters family's ranch "Yarmony Creek Ranch", which is a horse ranch outside of Macoy near statebridge. The brand on the top of the flyers that looks sort of like the infinity symbol is the Ranches brand and is soon going to be the festival brand as well. Sound Good.

worldbefree Mon 6/16/2008 07:09AM

worldbefree

Sounds like a great time and great lineup. Anyone know how far you're likely to drive to camp in NF? If I'm reading this right there's no camping at the venue.

little womanski Mon 6/16/2008 10:46AM

little womanski

you can rent a condo-- not too expensive if you get enough ppl. or if you really want to camp, last year at trancegressions ppl basically just put up tents in the parking lot and no one really did anything about it. you definitely dont want to be driving down the mountain after this one.

rider11 starstarstarstarstar Mon 6/16/2008 10:54AM

I can't wait!! This is going to be a bluegrass party! I have been to every Yarmony Grass event to date and this one is not to be missed. It just keeps getting better and better. Dam, I am glad I live in Colorado!!

Danimal Mon 6/16/2008 03:41PM

Danimal

acomma- I'm not jealous of that fact that his lyrics are simple and stupid and that he's relatively mediocre in terms of picking.

malkin99 Thu 6/19/2008 01:04AM

another reason why colorado is the best

cheesehead0801 Sat 6/21/2008 08:45PM

cheesehead0801

anybody here about the late night mt zion party being planned in leadville after the shows. ohhhhhhhhh yyyyeeeeeaaaaaa