MMJ Evil Urges Full Stream

My Morning Jacket Offer Full Stream of Evil Urges

My Morning Jacket
On Monday we told you where you could stream select tracks from My Morning Jacket's June 10 release Evil Urges; today we're here to let you know that you can now stream the entire album at www.myspace.com/mymorningjacket.

All of us here at JamBase are excited about this album; we've got a feeling it might be "the one" that launches the Jacket from stars to super-duper mega-stars. But then again, maybe it won't, time will tell. MMJ has been one of our favorite bands since we first caught wind at the second Bonnaroo in 2003. As we've been waxing nostalgic we looked back at a few of the early articles we penned on these Kentucky boys. For a blast from the past, you too can peep some early ink on the band, check out our 2003 show review here and our 2004 feature/interview with Jim James here.

And seriously, if you haven't watched this clip about the current state of the Jacket and the upcoming album, dig in!

My Morning Jacket kick-off a massive international tour in June and will hit the States hard in August. Dates available here...

[Published on: 6/4/08]

Comments

Mountain_Icculus starstarstarstarstar Wed 6/4/2008 11:47AM

Mountain_Icculus

good shit

wspencer21 starstarstarstarstar Wed 6/4/2008 11:58AM

wspencer21

I LOVE THIS BAND!

Robusto Wed 6/4/2008 12:07PM

Robusto

If you like MMJ checkout Fleet Foxes. It's a similar sound, but much more laid back acoustic vibe, which I prefer. Just my thoughts. GO MMJ!

foadser starstarstarstar Wed 6/4/2008 12:09PM

I have had the entire album for about a month now, had some time to digest it, and its good. A couple tracks are kind of *blah*, there are some face melters, and some soulful reverb soaked ballads.

These are songs that are meant to be preformed live.

curtbraski starstarstarstarstar Wed 6/4/2008 12:19PM

curtbraski

fleet foxes are aight but a yawn compared to the majesty of this band.... whoever is going to roo this show will be killer... see ya in louisville and KC james

redhed starstarstarstarstar Wed 6/4/2008 12:20PM

redhed

Jacket on the waterfront in Louisville is goin to be the (.)(.)'s

FormulaOBX starstarstarstarstar Wed 6/4/2008 12:28PM

Saw them at B'roo for the first time. They blew my panties off. I love these guys...

Death Cube K Wed 6/4/2008 12:30PM

Death Cube K

I've had this album for weeks now. It' goooooood.

SCIRGR84EVS Wed 6/4/2008 01:17PM

a jets fan WOULD steal an album then brag about it on jambase. kudos to you, ya keyshawn loving ass.

moejoerisin Wed 6/4/2008 02:03PM

moejoerisin

this album rawks my sawks off!

Flat5 Wed 6/4/2008 02:03PM

Flat5

formula obx you are not a real person

bcthegr8 Wed 6/4/2008 02:18PM

bcthegr8

...but if you are, let's get married

product starstarstarstarstar Thu 6/5/2008 12:01AM

i saw mmj at the 2nd bonnaroo during a huge thunderstorm, instead of leaving the stage and aeeking shelter they turned around and turned their amps up to 10. they sold it to me. these guys want to rock and that is it. i've seen them 5 times since. the new album is AMAZING. i had to hear it and couldn't wait. i'm still buying it on the 10th. these guys are the best band in america. they deserve to be as big as PJ, Metalica and Nirvana combined.

Lakai star Thu 6/5/2008 07:03AM

Lakai

contrived bullshit.

Hans starstarstarstarstar Thu 6/5/2008 08:41AM

Hans

They keep getting better every release...I can't wait to go pick this up.

Oh, and since we're swapping concert memories - last year's Langeradoo was pretty sick as well :P

hed1 starstarstarstarstar Thu 6/5/2008 10:01AM

I dont know about getting better with every release, Jellybones. EUrges is better than Z no doubt, but its not better than It Still Moves or At Dawn by a long stretch. To me, Evil Urges is to Z what At Dawn was to The Tennessee Fire - a more matured, perfected, and detailed album. Z had some fillers to me, this really doesnt. Evil Urges, Im Amazed, Sec Walkin, Librarian, Smokin from Shootin, Touch Me Part II are all fantastic...And I know Aluminum Park, Remnants, and HIGHLY SUSPICIOUS will be killer live!!

I literally cant wait til they close down the Evil Urges tour Oct 10th at the Chicago Theatre!! Gonna be killer

AintNoFreedom starstarstarstarstar Thu 6/5/2008 11:40AM

AintNoFreedom

Good album, can't wait to see them at B'roo and again in Boston in September. Still, I think Z is a better album overall. Love, "touch me i'm going to scream part II" and "librarian" tho.