New Portishead Free Stream

Portishead's Third Now Streaming On Last.fm

British trip-hop superstars Portishead are set to release their third album, appropriately titled Third, on April 28, but you can hear it now, for free, at Last.fm/music/portishead.

The eleven-track offering will be the first studio release since the band's 1997 self-titled record.

Third Track List

Portishead
1. Silence
2. Hunter
3. Nylon Smile
4. The Rip
5. Plastic
6. We carry on
7. Deep Water
8. Machine Gun
9. Small
10. Magic Doors
11. Threads

Portishead is Beth Gibbons, Adrian Utley and Geoff Barrow. The band went on hiatus after releasing Portishead to pursue other projects. The group re-emerged in 2005 for a tsunami benefit concert in England, and also curated the U.K.'s All Tomorrow's Parties festival in December.

The band is set to play a major slot at Coachella Saturday night before Prince.

[Published on: 4/24/08]

Comments

NickBoeka Thu 4/24/2008 10:33AM

NickBoeka

this album is a great listen. I like portishead. if you haven't listened to the new Orb album yet, you should listen to that too.

keenan41 Thu 4/24/2008 10:34AM

keenan41

I can't believe it's been 10 years since they put out something new. I like their stuff, I'll have to check this out

KCReb Thu 4/24/2008 11:44AM

KCReb

Beth Gibbons... I Love You.

Potatohead starstarstarstar Thu 4/24/2008 02:47PM

I listened to this stream...and I've liked Portishead in the past...but I didn't like this. I miss the turntable scratches and overall it just didn't have that same appealing groove that I remember. Beth's voice even bothered me in a few high-screech spots...but maybe I never listened to them with headphones on before as I am now...I don't know, but I won't be buying this album and maybe I'll hope it gets better with a live version. But props for streaming it for free!

RothburyWithCheese starstarstarstarstar Fri 4/25/2008 03:23AM

RothburyWithCheese

Good to have them back. If you arent into them check there Live in NYC dvd. Amazing,,,,,

RothburyWithCheese starstarstarstarstar Fri 4/25/2008 03:23AM
Conjugal Burning starstarstarstarstar Fri 4/25/2008 07:58AM

Conjugal Burning

new stuff sounds good. but roo to roth to acl, listen to amnesiac>KID A> Hail to the thief and realize the ignorance of your comments!