Radiohead Lets You Remix

Radiohead Lets You Remix The Band's New Single "Nude"

Radiohead
Radiohead, iTunes and Garageband are giving fans the opportunity to remix the band's new single "Nude" at www.radioheadremix.com.

To make remixing easy, the separate 'stems'* from the song will be available to purchase from iTunes. The 'stems' available are bass, voice, guitar, strings/fx and drums. Fans can mix them in any way they like, either by adding their own beats and instrumentation, or just remixing the original parts.

Fans who purchase all five 'stems' from iTunes during the first week they're available, will be sent an access code to a GarageBand file ready to open in GarageBand or Logic. However, you don't need GarageBand to do a remix, all the stems are available in iTunes Plus and compatible with several music software platforms.

Finished mixes can be uploaded to http://www.radioheadremix.com where the public will listen and vote for their favourite remix (voting ends May 1). Fans can also create a widget allowing votes from their own website, Facebook or MySpace page to be counted as 'mix votes' back on radioheadremix.com.

"Nude" is out now in the U.K. on CD, 7" and download.

*'stems' are the component parts of the song.

[Published on: 4/1/08]

Comments

sloth2 Tue 4/1/2008 11:34AM

kill yourself

Lenox Tue 4/1/2008 11:39AM

Lenox

thing11, you are wrong.

AZ~*Droo* starstarstarstarstar Tue 4/1/2008 11:50AM

AZ~*Droo*

wow sloth u seem to be a real nice bro!

AintNoFreedom starstarstarstarstar Tue 4/1/2008 12:01PM

AintNoFreedom

thing11 is a troll. Radiohead is one of, if not the greatest band of our time.

sloth2 Tue 4/1/2008 12:22PM

i am not a bro

biged Tue 4/1/2008 12:26PM

biged

I just dont understand how someone who takes the time to post on a music website could honestly make comments like thing11. I mean if you dont like Radiohead then just dont post. I really dont like the new Widespread Panic, you wont find me bashing them when JAMBASE does a story on them. I will just read the article and let it go.

Lets all try to stop being so damn negative! It would only make for a better Earth

sloth2 Tue 4/1/2008 12:56PM

can i get an amen

fattyseth star Tue 4/1/2008 01:02PM

Didn't lotus just do the exact same thing a month ago? Except with lotus you could download the steams for free.

I know I'm gonna get a lot of grief for this but radiohead is not that good. In my opinion the are pretty overrated. OK computer was a good album but besides that I'm not to impressed.

krissygirl1680 Tue 4/1/2008 01:10PM

I would love to hear some of thing11 creative, non-commercial and diverse music. I'm "sure" it blows Radiohead right out of the water.

gmoo Tue 4/1/2008 01:14PM

gmoo

RH is good...but they were better in the late 90's, IMHO. Either way, they must be doing something right to be many people's 'favorite' band, as they were for me in high school. It seems like they always are coming up with new and exciting marketing ideas, although Lotus did do this already. Now if they could just come wit another RAWK album like OK Computer they just might excite me musically again.

mfgoof Tue 4/1/2008 01:44PM

NIN did the same thing two a few weeks ago, but supplied each individual track for free. Why can't Radiohead release all of this via their website? Kind of disappointed that they feel the need to employ iTunes for this.

mfgoof Tue 4/1/2008 01:44PM

too*

lovemusicfood starstarstar Tue 4/1/2008 02:00PM

You know what would be cool? If they put the tabs or notation out for all of their songs for free, so that we could learn all of their songs and play them ourselves. OK Computer, Kid A, Amnesiac are very good albums. Some of the best pop music out there.

King Rhino starstarstarstarstar Tue 4/1/2008 02:02PM
discomcgee Tue 4/1/2008 02:03PM

discomcgee

listening to radiohead makes my arms want shots of H, but ill be so numbed ill pay for the itunes to scratch my version

acomma Tue 4/1/2008 02:10PM

acomma

They never appealed to me. "Amnesiac" is very depressing.

Jukebox Hero Tue 4/1/2008 02:21PM

Jukebox Hero

"with lotus you could download the steams for free"

"Why can't Radiohead release all of this via their website? Kind of disappointed that they feel the need to employ iTunes for this."

Yeah they really are some money grubbing bastards! I don't see why they don't just release their stuff and then let me decide how much I feel it's worth. Huh?... What'd you say?... They did that with their last album? They post free shit on their website all the time?... Oh, nevermind then. They sound like pretty awesome guys to me. I guess I'll make the drive up to Seattle to check them out then. Does anybody know if they put on a good show?

GeorgieP Tue 4/1/2008 02:28PM

GeorgieP

The best way to remix Radiohead's music is to put the volume on "mute." Give me a thumbs' down if you think Radiohead blows.

rulosa01 Tue 4/1/2008 02:34PM

Lotus did do this already and yea it was free. Charging for this and not for the album is kind of strange to me. By remixing the bands music you are promoting them--whereas downloading it to listen to not as much. I expect that is why Lotus gave theirs out. Then again Radiohead already has a much larger audience than Lotus. Lotus could gain new fans with their remix project whereas radiohead already has a LOT of fans. Who knows what the motivation was.

Radiohead has been around for a while now - very few bands are able to stay as relevant for as long of a time without becoming nostalgic.

moejoerisin Tue 4/1/2008 02:48PM

moejoerisin

once you guys get out of high school, you'll realize that this is one of the best bands to ever grace our planet.

Elemley Tue 4/1/2008 03:04PM

as a fan of this band and THE BAND i resent your comment pimpmcgeorge

d00d_of_life Tue 4/1/2008 03:07PM

radiohead is epic. their talents span across the board. they do everything extremely well. from the rawness and power of the bends, to genre-defying tracks like idioteque (kid a) and pulk/pull revolving doors (amnesiac), or myxomatosis (thief), which rages harder and darker than just about everything, to the bands' collective dj skills, to thom's solo project--which is itself awesome, and which is being made all the more awesome through remixes by top-shelf artists like modeselektor and burial, to jonny's symphonic popcorn superhet receiver, his residency as BBC in-house composer, his award-winning film score for there will be blood, to their touring w/underworld and getting modeselektor to open for them in berlin, to their deep and sophisticated understanding of sound technology and the recording process---you just cannot say enough good things about this band. they are undeniably genius. this thread shows that they are, if anything, underrated. if you don't get it, that is really a shame. i doubt if any band, past or present, can rival their collective body of work.

gmoo Tue 4/1/2008 04:26PM

gmoo

^^^ You had me until your last sentence. They have a long way to go before they should be mentioned with the likes of Zappa and Miles. They are on the right track though. I just wish I enjoyed their newer material.

1radioheader starstarstarstarstar Tue 4/1/2008 05:15PM

1radioheader

Radiohead is my favorite, and while they are musically nothing alike you could compare them to the beatles in this ONE regard. . . . both bands were made of "geniuses" who would have been incredibly successful solo but found greater success together (Thom and Johnny.. . . . Paul and John). . . . . . but if you really wanted to compare them to a band of yesteryore then it would be pink floyd. . . . . debate amongst youselves. . . .

gabbagabba starstarstarstar Tue 4/1/2008 05:40PM

I belive that the reason they are charging money is to discourage people from flooding the contest with crappy stuff because they don't take the mixxing seriously or don't really care what they coe up with because the didn't spend any money to make it.

durazno Tue 4/1/2008 06:04PM

durazno

STOP wasting your energy on this shit. the truth is that none of the bands we like/hate care or even know about these retarded arguments.

it is simple.... if you don;t like the band. DONT LISTEN AND DONT GO SEE THEM!! you will be a much happier monkey

Rinosquad starstarstarstarstar Tue 4/1/2008 06:13PM

People, people, these posts are just to get a wry out of you. Are you that naive. They make a post, and then wait by their computers (like lapdogs waiting for their owners to come home) for people to repudiate them. Your posts back to them clog up the forum. I wish people were not so stupid on this web site. It would really be grand. On a lighter note Thom Yorke is taking the tour off and I am stepping in for him lip-singing over his vocals and playing a fuckin' mean tambourine-gloq and guesting on the cajon when they cover the song, "Who's that Lady." Ya know the one, "Who's that lady? (Who's that Lady?) Lovely lady. (Who's that Lady?) Its gonna be a good one.

manjotar starstarstar Tue 4/1/2008 06:39PM

manjotar

i honestly didn't like radiohead at all until in rainbows came out.

that album changed my opinion of them completely.

however, i'm still pissed at them for putting me to sleep at the roo last year...

rastafool Tue 4/1/2008 06:53PM

they put on an amazing show at bonnaroo. it made me love radiohead

Rinosquad Tue 4/1/2008 10:11PM

That Radiohead show at B-roo was one of the greatest experiences of your life and you missed it. I feel very sorry to hear that. If you want to talk about falling asleep, the Police were terrible at Bonnaroo especially after seeing Tool the night before, I felt like I was riding a rollercoaster trying to hold on. That shit was so intense.

sully123 starstarstarstar Wed 4/2/2008 06:30AM

In response to the guy that called radiohead "Money-Grubbing Bastards", I'm not even a big radiohead fan but if memory serves, Just a few months ago RH Released a copy of In Rainbows to the public a "you name the price" Granted they still profited off of this, but they still created an oppurtunity for the fan to own one of their albums for whatever price they could afford. To me this isnt money grubbing

theivywall starstarstarstarstar Wed 4/2/2008 07:55AM

theivywall

I thought that Radiohead Pink Floyd comparison was pretty apt. They are really arty at times and a lot of their material can seem overly dark, ambient, or negative to those who gravitate towards hetty good times and joyous celebration music all the time. Thom Yorke's voice seems to lack melodic definition from one song to another sometimes but I think the more you listen and get past his moaning tone you can hear that he actually has a good range and besides his voice I haven't found anything else in the band's sound or approach to music that isn't humble, profound (Thom Yorke's lyrics), inventive, and musically (Johnny Greenwood) beautiful and impressive. I think Radiohead's one of the best things getting channeled to mainstream music fans today. They're pretty great. I mean, mooch bums like me can get by paying .01 US cent for their album (yes, I did that), how is that mainstream or sell-outish at all? Also, people contest their pretentious or too arty, which to me seems like a slightly more valid argument but if you listen to Pink Floyd a lot of their music could be seen as fairly pretentious too, it depends on where you draw the line, and how much of a statement about the social zeitgeist you grant musicians the philisophical liberty to make. It all seems very subjective, and I think there's lots of truth to be gleamed from Thom Yorke's lyrics, and lots of beautiful melody and interesting rhythmic sections along with inventive utilization of electronic technology in their sound. The fact that their lamenting and decrying the technology-driven future-culture that their sound emulates is just another sign of their genius. Kid A's one of the best pieces of art, as a collective whole album, that I've experienced from any artist ever. Like, hands down.

theivywall Wed 4/2/2008 07:55AM

theivywall

So yeah, I guess I'd say Radiohead's pretty tight.

msd413886669 Wed 4/2/2008 10:08AM

msd413886669

You guys are very funny. I've been listening to radiohead for years and this is by far one of the best pieces of music they have made. It is also some of the ONLY good music being played in the mainstream. If any of you think they are money grubbers you are sadly mistaken. If you want the music for free, you could have downloaded it already. Stop crying about some contest that costs money. Just don't enter. I don't think anyone's gonna make their music better anyway. This band is phenomenal. Grow up, and buy some different records if you don't like radiohead. They aren't the only band in the world, even though they are one of the best. And Rinosquad is definitely right, Tool was ridiculous at Roo '07. I'll never go to another Roo, Bc it is a monster run by sheep. Just like the clowns on this post that have nothing but negativity to add. Enjoy The Rainbows, They're Beautiful. Cinco de Mayo in west Palm. Can't Wait!!!

Rinosquad starstarstarstarstar Wed 4/2/2008 12:11PM

msd, I am with you on that. I will never again attend a Bonnaroo. I've been to them all and it is sad to see such a great part of my summer come to an end. Its all about Rothbury. For all those attending B-roo, hide everything, or in my opinion bring nothing illegal with you. They pull you over for anything with shabby canine unit cars and fuck you so bad. They act like this is routine and the fest has nothing to do with it, BULLSHIT. The bastard that pulled us over had a beat up GMC Jimmy with a shitty police light on top that had wires hanging out of it and a dog that looked like it was 14 and just got off the porch. Fuck that place. If you need a good lawyer and ya might call Clifton Sobel, you can get his info off of norml.com website. Man is a saint and got me out of everything. Just a lil tidbit for those of you who do not heed my advice. Later kids and have a good summer of music. Hit up Deer Creek it could be the last year.

Bowmansbump starstarstarstarstar Wed 4/2/2008 12:21PM

Bowmansbump

I only glanced at the majority of the comments here, but I can tell they all pertain to whether or not Radiohead sucks or doesn't. The point of this article was to inform people on a killer promotion that allows fans to be a part of creating music with one of the biggest bands out there. Something like this is just as groundbreaking as their decision to allow fans to name their price for "In Rainbows". Nobody gives a shit whether you like Radiohead or not, people have their own tastes and their not going to change just because you said so. Christ

msd413886669 Wed 4/2/2008 01:19PM

msd413886669

Rinosquad you're definitely right about that b.s. with the trolos. That was the most ridiculous fest ever. People were being arrested for goo balls, AT THEIR CAMPSITE. How ridiculous. And Rothbury is gonna be AMAZING. I wish I wasn't declaring bankruptcy, I'd definitely be there. But you have fun for me man. I'll be dreaming about the fireworks over the lake. Peace

acomma Wed 4/2/2008 07:48PM

acomma

So did anyone notice the first comment is gone?? After so many thumbs down, does your comment simply disappear??

dremonet starstarstarstar Fri 4/4/2008 12:54PM

dremonet

BLAH...BLAH...BLAH...BLAH... Radiohead is an amazing band!!!! The Roo show was insane.

Related Goods