The Police & Costello Tour

The Police & Elvis Costello North America Tour

The Police
The Police will return to North America this summer to play their final area appearances in a number of arenas and amphitheaters predominantly in markets where they did not perform in 2007. An additional 30 dates have been confirmed beginning May 1 in Ottawa and culminating August 4 at Wantagh, NY's Jones Beach. Along the way, the tour will also visit The Gorge in Seattle, Red Rocks Amphitheatre in Denver and the Los Angeles' Hollywood Bowl (complete itinerary below).

Elvis Costello and The Imposters will join The Police for the North American portion of this year's tour. Also spanning a career of 30 years, Elvis Costello was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2003. He has received a number of Grammy nominations for his recent albums When I Was Cruel, The Delivery Man and for his 2006 collaboration with Allen Toussaint, The River in Reverse. His songs have been recorded by a great number of artists with a list as diverse as his range of musical styles including: No Doubt, Solomon Burke, Dusty Springfield, Roy Orbison and Johnny Cash.

The Police with Elvis Costello Tour Dates

07/28/08 Mon Post Gazette Pavilion Burgettstown, PA
07/29/08 Tue Wachovia Center Philadelphia, PA
07/31/08 Thu Tweeter Center (Great Woods) Mansfield, MA
08/01/08 Fri Saratoga Performing Arts Center Saratoga Springs, NY
08/03/08 Sun PNC Bank Arts Center Holmdel, NJ
08/04/08 Mon Nikon at Jones Beach Theater Wantagh, NY

Complete Police tour dates available here.

Check out JamBase's exclusive interview with Stewart Copeland here.

[Published on: 2/15/08]

Comments

moephishH2O starstarstarstarstar Fri 2/15/2008 04:13PM

moephishH2O

Nice! The Police @ the Gorge... word.

NickSoda Fri 2/15/2008 04:28PM
Mr. Holland's O-Face Fri 2/15/2008 05:12PM

Mr. Holland's O-Face

If I wanted to see the police I would smoke a j in public. No more police for me.

babcock18 Fri 2/15/2008 05:49PM

If you wanted the 10k lakes fest line-up, then why did you click on an article titled police and costello tour???

RothburyWithCheese star Fri 2/15/2008 05:58PM
strb Fri 2/15/2008 07:19PM

wow the I need a fat pay check so I can retire tour rolls on!!!

toeknee420 Fri 2/15/2008 08:36PM

toeknee420

Dear Lord, make it stop ..

21mmer Fri 2/15/2008 11:56PM

21mmer

how about a costello tour MINUS the police......mas bueno.

Muffinman1 Sat 2/16/2008 05:24AM

Muffinman1

Worst reunion in history. Total waste of a headliner spot a roo last year. GO AWAY.

Elemley Sat 2/16/2008 07:56AM

I actually thought the Police put on a fun show at roo. definitely a few to many "aayos" but thats my opinion. I thought I cant stand losing you was sweet.

keeblaro Sat 2/16/2008 08:33AM

I have to go with the muffinman on this one, that show was horrible and a total waste.

jesposito Sat 2/16/2008 08:40AM

jesposito

you guys are totally right...total waste of main stage space at roo. they really should have put the white stripes in their spot or something. the police were last years metallica.

RothburyWithCheese star Sat 2/16/2008 09:39AM
21mmer Sat 2/16/2008 10:09AM

21mmer

^^correct

mrcaldwell starstarstarstarstar Sat 2/16/2008 11:28AM

Haters...

garriswh Sat 2/16/2008 11:53AM

Red Rocks is shaping up to be the mediocre reunion/washup venue this summer. Rush, Jethro, the Cure, and now the Police too?

crazyleggedelbow Sat 2/16/2008 01:41PM

^^^wtf is wrong with rush? rush never broke up anyway, they went on hiatus when neil pearts wife died of and then his daughter died in a car wreck within like a year of eachother...

RUSH rules The Police any day of the year.

garriswh Sat 2/16/2008 02:37PM

I like Rush's older stuff a lot actually, they just seem a little tired to me in more recent years. I guess it was unfair of me to compare them to the Police reunion.

phishr82 Sat 2/16/2008 03:02PM

phishr82

^^^^ i totally agree, red rocks is looking kinda lame so far this summer

stinkd starstarstarstarstar Sat 2/16/2008 03:13PM

RUSH ARE THE BEST HEADLINER FOR 'ANY' FESTIVAL. THEY SHOULD HEADLINE BONNAROO AND ROTHBURY. RUSH RULE!

Muffinman1 Sat 2/16/2008 03:28PM
Andrew Bruss Sat 2/16/2008 05:33PM

Andrew Bruss

I'm not a big metallica fan, but I have seen them live a few times and they're a pretty good live act. Any act that sues their own fans are a bunch of deuchbags, but those guys really rock and roll on stage. Plus with the ammount of pyro they use, even a deaf guy could enjoy himself during a metallica show

stinkd starstarstarstarstar Sat 2/16/2008 06:23PM

Muffinman1, Why shouldn't Rush ever headline a festival? Trey Anastasio and his 14 piece band headlined a festival once, Elvis Costello headlined a festival, Police headlined a festival, why not Rush? Rush kick ass, they are a musical masterpiece.

PooDolla Sat 2/16/2008 07:00PM

PooDolla

Rush should not headline a festival. It's not their style. They need to do a 2008 stadium tour with Iron Maiden. It's gotta have a huge stage and lots of pyrotechnics. Rock! P.S. Sting is lame.

stinkd starstarstarstarstar Sat 2/16/2008 07:45PM

I understand, Rush are way too awesome to share the stage, they cannot be put in a box and forced to play a designated time slot, they need to play stadiums all by themselves; for Rush to play in a festival with YMSB and Dave Matthews and ALO and a whole bunch of quasi-cool bands would be like they had given up their throne. Rush Rule.

Muffinman1 Sun 2/17/2008 05:41AM

Muffinman1

stinkd, are you really trying to tell me that Rush is a more likley band to headline roo than Trey, that is fucking rediculous. Come on man Trey helped shape this whole scene, why would you even bring tha up, that is just an ignorent comment. -1 for stinkd

cam0083 star Sun 2/17/2008 07:22AM

cam0083

I think the fact that this post has turned into a debate over Rush shows just how forgettable the Police are now. They may have been good for a while but it seems nobody cares now.

toeknee420 Sun 2/17/2008 08:44AM

toeknee420

I can't, I can't, I can't stand.... Looking at that much of Sting's scalp. Damn.

stinkd starstarstarstarstar Sun 2/17/2008 11:38AM

Muffinman1, I did not mean to debate Trey's headlining ability, I have been to 120 Phish shows and I loved Trey's 14 piece band, and I would love to see Trey headline with any backing band, I was trying to put Rush's great live showmanship in an equal category as Trey and Police and Elvis Costello. Rush have never been to a festival and maybe they should, or maybe they stand alone, like Phish did or the Grateful Dead, and will never play a festival.

D-Line Sun 2/17/2008 02:31PM

Trey shouldnt headline anything, he helped shape the scene?? common if anything THE GRATEFUL DEAD had the scene going way before trey, and anyway, give PHISH credit for "keeping up" the scene, but i do mean PHISH and not trey, big difference, if someone should headline a fest it should be someone good that people actually wanna listen too, trey on his own sucks more ass then any of the other bands talked about here. id rather see metalica ( even tho i wouldnt) rush or the police over trey "i love myself too much" anASStasio. i saw the police on halloween at the garden and it was not bad, but i wouldnt go again....

BGsteveBG Sun 2/17/2008 05:21PM

BGsteveBG

The Police sold out 3 days at Wrigley Field... why the hell are they playing at the tiny little Allstate arena???

lovejahlive Sun 2/17/2008 06:41PM

lovejahlive

Back to the Rush thing...They are playing Starlight Ampitheatre in Kansas City Mo. this summer. If you have ever seen a show there you would understand this is a very intimate venue. Anyone remember the Dead show there? My advice; go see them NOW! Probably their last time out. And yeah, they fuckin' kill EVERY TIME.

marshbt Mon 2/18/2008 10:33AM

Got my tickets for Rush at Red Rocks and I would be surprised if it isn't the best show I see there again this year. Rush definitely play their own brand of rock, and it's not for everyone. If you can appreciate stage presence and fantastic musicianship check em out. The Neil Peart drum solo, still echoes in my head. Also, definitely had the chance to buy some Police/Costello tickets this morning at the rocks and said fuck it. Good seats were $229.

onearmguitarist starstarstarstarstar Mon 2/18/2008 11:20AM

onearmguitarist

Im STOKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marcsmall Mon 2/18/2008 12:02PM

Marcsmall

BTW, Rush sold out Red Rocks in 5 minutes.

I saw them there 2 years ago for their 30th Anniversary tour, and while the crowd was clad in 20 year old black concert T Shirts, the show was nothing short of amazing

mkgee starstarstarstarstar Mon 2/18/2008 01:56PM

They should call this one the "Old Wave" Tour... you guys get it??? do you??? Okay...

I love both of these bands/artists... in the studio and/or on stage... 25 years ago

RxStoner Mon 2/18/2008 04:36PM

RxStoner

Gathering of the Vibes same weekend no Police for me

granola Thu 2/21/2008 12:49PM

I agree with MimiLuv. Trey has become one of the worst acts in the scene. It is absolute torture to sit through one of his awful shows. I wont ever again unless its phish

oreokookie starstar Sat 2/23/2008 09:44PM

oreokookie

Rush, the police ? shouldn't even be mentioned on jambase,have nothin' to do with "the scene"....Never cared for the police and sting's massive ego: in college(1981) they were for the kids too scared of punk, and to woosie for the dead- nice, safe, wanna- be new wave --Elvis had a few clever tunes

sadie7 Mon 2/25/2008 09:09AM

Hello! The Police rocked it out in Montreal July 07! They are one of the greatest Bands in the history of music! Long live Stewart Copeland - Drum God! Now I can die a happy girl!!

sadie7 starstarstarstar Mon 2/25/2008 09:11AM

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^› {¬¿¬} starstarstarstar Tue 2/26/2008 04:11AM

this is a mis-match. I do not understand how you connect Costello, with the Police. It would make more sense to put Costello with Leonard Cohen.