Tea Leaf Green Winter Dates

TEA LEAF GREEN ON TOUR THIS WINTER
Friday, February 29 and Saturday, March 1 at SF's Fillmore

Tea Leaf Green
It was a busy year for San Francisco's rising stars Tea Leaf Green, who made several festival appearances this summer, including their second consecutive year at Bonnaroo. Two years ago, the band played an epic debut performance to a Bonnaroo crowd of nearly 10,000; the audience spilled from under the massive tented area to be part of Tea Leaf Green history. Since then, with non-stop touring and two critically acclaimed releases, Tea Leaf Green has garnered themselves a position among today's brightest young rockers.

Tea Leaf Green's latest release, Rock 'n' Roll Band (October 2006), captures lightning in a bottle. Available separately in both CD & DVD formats, the project joins the band for an evening performance at The Fox Theatre in Boulder, Colorado and offers an intimate look at a day in the life of a young rock band on the rise. The DVD was directed by filmmaker Justin Kreutzmann, son of The Grateful Dead's Billy Kreutzmann.

In November 2007, after 10 years touring with Tea Leaf Green, bassist Ben Chambers left the band to pursue life off the road. Now, Tea Leaf Green welcomes friend and colleague Reed Mathis (Jacob Fred Jazz Odyssey) to the TLG organization. Audiences can experience Tea Leaf Green's electrifying live show this fall at theaters coast to coast.

Tour Dates
04/19/08 Sat Highline Ballroom New York, NY
06/05/08 Thu Wakarusa - Clinton Lake State Park Lawrence, KS
06/06/08 Fri Wakarusa - Clinton Lake State Park Lawrence, KS
06/07/08 Sat Wakarusa - Clinton Lake State Park Lawrence, KS
06/08/08 Sun Wakarusa - Clinton Lake State Park Lawrence, KS

[Published on: 1/22/08]

Comments

jbleiche starstarstarstarstar Tue 1/22/2008 06:26PM

This is great. Two nights in the city!

Chaloupka Tue 1/22/2008 06:40PM

Chaloupka

After seeing these guys several times, I had given up on them cuz they just never did much for me. But with the addition of Mathis, I may have to give 'em another chance.

justin r starstarstarstarstar Tue 1/22/2008 07:03PM

justin r

man that sucks no southeast dates, i see them every time they come around but with reed on the low end its gonna kick it up a couple levels can't wait to see'em again come back to Athens guys!

wastintimejp starstarstarstarstar Tue 1/22/2008 07:14PM

This is great! Tea Leaf comes to Michigan!!! I am so excited! I was turned on to them listening to their shows and then they blew my mind live at Bonnaroo. We can't wait to see them. Looking foward to it!!!

moecheeseplease Tue 1/22/2008 07:17PM

moecheeseplease

nooooooo. what about the nation's capital?

commies

QuantumTubaMan Tue 1/22/2008 07:52PM

QuantumTubaMan

Arrgh! Why must all the jam bands play the Cabooze when they come to Minnesota? Curse its infernal absolutist age discrimination policy.

TendaiCooney Tue 1/22/2008 08:50PM

yo, no southeast???

Lunchbox16 starstarstar Tue 1/22/2008 08:57PM

Lunchbox16

I'm surprised they're playing The Ark in Ann Arbor. That room seems to small. Luckily, I already have my tickets for Chicago. Shows under $20 are too rare nowadays for a quality show. Looking forward to my first TLG show.

jeffrojam Tue 1/22/2008 09:11PM

Valentine's day in OHIO! I Gotta GO!

Jessrooo2 Tue 1/22/2008 09:18PM

Jessrooo2

I'm just amazed that someone is actually coming to Michigan.....It's absolutely fucking fantastic!!! I can't wait to see them for the first time!

totalot Tue 1/22/2008 10:03PM

coalmineR starstarstarstar Wed 1/23/2008 01:18AM

coalmineR

where is the northwest? ;[

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^› {¬¿¬} starstarstarstarstar Wed 1/23/2008 03:36AM

no southeast???? sniff* sniff* I'm hurt.

TimCorcoran Wed 1/23/2008 03:54AM

TimCorcoran

No mention of Moonalice opening for TLG at some of these gigs?!?

Members in Moonalice:

Bonnie Raitt, Boz Scaggs

THE SEVENTH:

Jack Casady

Jefferson Airplane, Hot Tuna

MatthewAtienza Wed 1/23/2008 07:06AM

MatthewAtienza

I am curious, how dose the new guy fit in?

theguykeator Wed 1/23/2008 07:45AM

theguykeator

The Cabooze is where its at. UMelt, TLG, Galctic in a one month span. You can get your all ages shows at First Ave. By the way moe. and STS9 are both there with in 3 days of eachother, UM three night run!! so im not sure what your talking about Tubaman!(all the jam bands play at Cabooze)

moephishH2O starstarstarstarstar Wed 1/23/2008 08:05AM

moephishH2O

"maybe Mathis will bring a spark to these guys. they just dont get it going for me."

I just saw them 2 nights in Tahoe and they were ON FIRE. Reed brings a whole new attitude and the boys look like they are having a GREAT time. I highly recommend checking them out...

totalot Wed 1/23/2008 08:55AM

I have seen them since Mathis started playing with them and though he is really talented and brings a good energy, it does nto change the fact that the music is just ok.

blower Wed 1/23/2008 09:03AM

Saturday Night Tahoe was a rager. Like a whole new band with Reed. They rocked. In the past I have always agreed with jturner that they are OK. The were steller in Tahoe.

moephishH2O Wed 1/23/2008 09:28AM

moephishH2O

^ agreed.

Teabagger starstarstarstarstar Wed 1/23/2008 09:36AM

Teabagger

Finally a full length Chicago show! See you all in Indy the night before too. Can't wait for a dose of midwest green love!

froey starstarstarstarstar Wed 1/23/2008 10:05AM

some other tlg info. tlg just finished up their first album with reed at hand. no word on a release date yet but my guess its out by the festival circuit. the midwest hasnt had a taste of tea for 6 months. 2.2, 2.3, and 2.16 will be video/audio webcasted through iclips. the midwest is in store for some outrageousness.

RedMule starstarstarstarstar Wed 1/23/2008 10:47AM

RedMule

Yo be sure to make it on time to catch BLUE TURTLE SEDUCTION opening on 3/1 at the Fillmore in San Francisco, and the MO2 late night across the street at the Boom Boom Room. Reed Leaf Green!!!!

danthestanman Wed 1/23/2008 11:46AM

Yeah man, I'm pumped about michigan too! Love it when bands give the great lake state some love!! Can't wait to see these guys, last few times I've had a chance fate was not in my favor, but this time is the time!

carphishhead Wed 1/23/2008 01:22PM

carphishhead

I'm glad i got to see at least one show with "The Weed," but I'd love a chance at a full show with "The Reed."

CurlyESP84 Wed 1/23/2008 02:09PM

CurlyESP84

GE Smith was also in HALL AND OATES, he's in a number of their shitty music videos. Check out "Family Man:" http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=cQdu4UOCUZc

PooDolla Wed 1/23/2008 06:56PM

PooDolla

I'm pumped to hear all the good feedback about Reed. Haven't seen TLG since he came to the band. See y'all at the SF shows!!!

T. Ralph starstarstarstar Wed 1/23/2008 07:41PM

From what I've heard from archive.org and some of JambaseTV's coverage of Tea Leaf Reid things have definitely changed within the band's sound. I have not yet witnessed it in person, but it seems from all accounts that the band turn a lot of heads I'm sure. Get in while you can.

Also, I'm sure the Southeast will be getting a good amount of TLG in the Spring/early Summer

totalot Thu 1/24/2008 09:04AM

Will check out archive too...BLUE TURTLE SEDUCTION are a group of really nice guys with not much talent. Taking more than 1 song from them is tough. I would get there in time for TLG and not much earlier...

assafjaffe starstarstarstarstar Thu 1/24/2008 08:22PM

assafjaffe

Blue Turtle Seduction totally can make magic. I know. I've done several shows with them with my band and I seen them way back in the day. There is some real sick talent in that band, the fiddle player and others and after like six or seven shows they totally blew my mind in a late night high seierra small littke tent show. They played crazy covers and sweet originals and showed me they were seriously as competent as any band at that festial, which was sweet.

Tea Leaf rule, I cant wait to heat them with Reed who is such an amaizng player and the nicest guy, they all deserve some props and I'll catch every show I can

luvly life Fri 1/25/2008 09:01AM

TLG are talented musicianss no doubt but the music just has not got there yet for me. my friends and i left a show that blue turtle was opening because a couple of them could not take it. i was ok with it. nothing i would pay to see but i could be in the room unlike my other friends.

Conjugal Burning Fri 1/25/2008 11:55AM

Conjugal Burning

give me JFJO or give me death

willie42o Fri 1/25/2008 12:04PM

i like the green leaf, but i never heard of the tea leaf green.

webalienz starstarstarstarstar Mon 1/28/2008 07:32AM

I can't wait for this tour to get started. I'll be doing Stevens Point through Chicago. I love Ben C and I miss some of the songs that haven't made their re-appearance yet. With that being said, Reed seems to have definitely brought this new spark to the band. There's always been a spark, but I think now it's more like a bonfire!!!!

DI519 starstarstarstar Mon 1/28/2008 12:33PM

TLG with Reed Mathis @ the ARK - ...!!!??? That is going to be awesome. I've only heard them on archive/cd. But I did catch Reed with GBA during JazzFest and he held his own for sure. Looking forward to the show....

pokycheese starstarstarstar Mon 1/28/2008 01:19PM

pokycheese

I've heard some new stuff of archive with Reed-it's smokin. I wish Tea Leaf would show the Northwest some love, maybe in the next tour. Stoked about the iclips casts though.

migus00 starstarstarstarstar Tue 1/29/2008 12:10PM

migus00

OK guys, just becaause you got reed mathis now and you probably kick even more ass, doesn't mean you should neglect the west coast. Cali needs more than just 2 nights in SF.

portlandgoblue Thu 2/14/2008 03:51PM

portlandgoblue

Yeah, what about the NW? It's been since Sept 2006 (for those keeping track)...I guess you do need to build the fanbase in Florida...c'mon!