U-Melt Late Night NYE in NYC

Ring In The New Year With U-Melt

U-Melt
The New York City based U-Melt will wrap up 2007 with their annual New Year's Eve event at New York's Highline Ballroom, on December 31. The all-night party will be loaded with special guests and surprises in addition to the always-unique U-Melt live music experience. The first 100 people to purchase tickets will receive a free commemorative poster signed by the band.

Known for pushing jams into the upper reaches of the stratosphere and an eccentric approach to special event celebrations, U-Melt has built a reputation as one of the hardest working bands in music. With a rich legacy in producing wildly successful holiday events, the 2007 New Year's Eve party promises to be yet another milestone in the bands illustrious career. Kicking off the show at 2:00 a.m., U-Melt promises to keep the party going until the break of dawn. Tickets for the 18-and-over show are $20.00 in advance, $25.00 day of (if tickets remain). For more information check out www.umelt.com and to purchase tickets, please visit www.ticketweb.com

Monday, 12/31/07 Late Night New Year's Eve
Post moe. Show! With special guests!

Highline Ballroom
431 W 16th St (b/w 9th and 10th Ave.)
New York, NY
(212) 414-5994
Ages: 18+
Tickets: $20 in advance, $25 day of show if tickets remain
Doors: 1:30 a.m. / Show: 2:00 a.m.

[Published on: 12/18/07]

Comments

get_moed Tue 12/18/2007 04:00PM

oh yea, u-melt rocks

Patrick3 starstarstarstarstar Tue 12/18/2007 07:20PM

Patrick3

yessir

CSchneids929 starstar Wed 12/19/2007 06:55AM
longislandjamzzz star Wed 12/19/2007 08:05AM
derekjansen3 starstarstarstarstar Wed 12/19/2007 09:02AM

I think U-Melt is amazing longislandjamzzz and I was at that show at Mulcahy's and me and my friends all thought it was killer. To each their own, but these guys can play and are from the type of band that just noodles endlessly. And I don't have a problem with their vocals, they have 3 different lead singers and I love the drummers voice and the other two guys are solid singers. And their harmonies are amazing..

I can't wait for the late night NYE show at Highline, that's going to be a sick show..

derekjansen3 starstarstarstarstar Wed 12/19/2007 09:05AM

Sorry, meant to say these guys are far from the type of band that just noodles. They play really complicated compositions with sections of improv.

Astronaut Jones Wed 12/19/2007 09:12AM

Astronaut Jones

good grief! since when do rock singers have to be flippin' 3 Tenors worthy? i see this sentiment all the time espcially linked to moe. when you get right down to it, all the old great ones sucked vocally. the Dead, Phish, all of um. it's all about the feelings, man.

mrkrinkle6884 starstarstarstarstar Wed 12/19/2007 09:14AM

mrkrinkle6884

Saw these guys once and the BLEW me out of the water!! The guitar solos that man does flows so well with their prog oriented melodies!! Cant wait to catch them again soon!

AZ~*Droo* starstarstarstarstar Wed 12/19/2007 09:29AM

AZ~*Droo*

Well ive heard tons of good things about this band...i guess i'll have to check em out for myself.

murg starstarstarstarstar Wed 12/19/2007 11:25AM

murg

No place I'd rather be...

arrondwolf starstarstarstarstar Wed 12/19/2007 01:05PM

arrondwolf

First, In response to a certain someone's "worst jamband" comment... I'm sorry that you don't get "IT". It's so easy to pigeon-hole Rob,George,Z and Bendy as 4 guys in a "jam band".

I think it's funny that the term "jam band" came about during Phish's rise to fame or "hipness". It's almost as if history is being re-written when referring to The Grateful Dead as a "jam band". The music that the guys in U-Melt have written, played, covered; the energy and quality of the environment that occurs (even at shows with less than 2 dozen people in attendance)is beyond the capacity of words.

I could elaborate... But the music speaks for itself.

Keep It Greasy

egrooves starstarstarstarstar Wed 12/19/2007 01:05PM

this show is going to ROCK!

Didds starstarstarstarstar Wed 12/19/2007 04:16PM

These guys are really good! Moe's manager was quoted as saying he thought they would blow up in 2008...so you can believe moe's manager, or you can believe some random Long Island jam fan.

These guys are playing some of the best music on the scene right now...! Really, come out and give them a chance, you won't be sorry.

bigfro Wed 12/19/2007 05:51PM

bigfro

They announced this show months ago you frickin tool. It is already almost full.

BUJ starstarstarstarstar Thu 12/20/2007 11:29PM

BUJ

I likes me a good U-Melt show.

aligd420 starstarstarstarstar Fri 12/21/2007 06:46AM

aligd420

I can't wait. this is a night you wont want to miss!!!

amdew11 starstarstarstarstar Fri 12/21/2007 10:23AM

Wish I could make this. U-Melt lays it down hard. Real hard ;D Can't wait to see many U-Melt shows in '08!!!

wookzilla starstarstarstarstar Fri 12/21/2007 10:38AM

wookzilla

i've been looking forward to this since it was announced. u-melt will rock your ass and face off and you will ask for more

longislandjamzzz star Sat 12/22/2007 10:51AM

fluff them all you want. they aren't good. and no one goes to their shows. everyone fluffing them here is the most people that show up when they play (15-30). sweet!

longislandjamzzz star Sat 12/22/2007 10:54AM

again I read "wildly successful"... my girlfriend went to their halloween "blow-out" at Rev Hall in Albany. Place holds 7-800. There were MAYBE 100 there? She left after three songs. Wildly successful??

mulchesodyssey89 starstarstarstarstar Sun 12/23/2007 10:51AM

longislandjamzzz, you are totally entitled to your opinion. However, your info is way off base. The Rev Hall show had just about 200 people, and they haven't played to less than 200 people in NYC in 2 years. Several times over 300 and 1100 at Irving with Tea Leaf Green. Not to mention they draw over 100 to their shows in most of the northeast and lots of other places around the country. That's A LOT better than most bands 4 years in.

Didds starstarstarstarstar Mon 12/24/2007 08:34AM

Just curious what you're getting out of trashing this band, Jazz. Because you don't like their sound you come to the band's article and trash them? You are the worst kind of intolerant internet fan. If you don't like a band, don't go see them. There's no need to comment on an article about the band being as offensive, negative, and intolerant as possible.

U-Melt played a very successful show at Rev Hall on Halloween. It was a Wedensday. I live in Albany and I've seen dozens and dozens of shows at Rev Hall over the years. To bring in 200+ people on a Wednesday is excellent, and the show was amazing. I'm sorry your girlfriend didn't enjoy the show. She probably left early because she met someone who spends their time speaking fondly of things they enjoy rather than trashing the things they don't.

roberto767 starstarstarstarstar Mon 12/24/2007 01:12PM

roberto767

I actually hooked up with longislandjamzzz's girlfriend that night. She said that she was sick of his bilious negativity and said this: "You know Roberto767, I barely even know you but I would love to have sex with you tonight just because my boyfriend is a douchebag. So I took her back to my apartment and gave her genital warts. The joke's on you longislandjamzzz!

mulchesodyssey89 starstarstarstarstar Wed 1/2/2008 09:24AM

speaking of the joke being on longislandjamzzz, the Highline show was PACKED!! so wtf do you know? What a great way to start the new year, may U-Melt have many more successful years to come - I know they will!