Pnuma and Motet New Years Run

Pnuma Trio and Motet Colorado New Years Run

The Motet
Longtime Colorado favorites, The Motet, and the new kids in town, The Pnuma Trio are linking up for a three night co-billed New Year's Eve run. Both The Motet and Pnuma have strong Colorado followings and together will be presenting three nights of theme shows and special performances to celebrate the New Year.

On December 28, at the Fox Theatre in Boulder, 90's Flavor will be the theme. The following night in Denver, the bands will transform Cervante's Masterpiece Ballroom into Studio 54, complete with the largest disco ball in Colorado! New Year's Eve will take place at Hodi's Halfnote in Fort Collins for a Miami Vice themed extravaganza. Each Band will be playing a full set each night, and some special surprises can be expected from these two front-range favorites.

Pnuma Trio and Motet Colorado New Years Run
12/28/07 | Fox Theatre, Boulder – 90's Flavor
12/29/07 | Cervante's Masterpiece, Denver – Studio 54
12/31/07 | Hodi's Halfnote, Fort Collins – Miami Vice

[Published on: 12/18/07]

Comments

ScIFreak Tue 12/18/2007 04:26PM

ScIFreak

So anyone who attends these shows have to ride the white poney to be real 80's right??

Chaloupka Tue 12/18/2007 04:29PM

Chaloupka

Pnuma should be the opener for all three shows.

freekfreely Tue 12/18/2007 05:20PM

I will be seeing this for New Years. The Motet is the most underated band on the scene. These guys are awesome , their new direction is really interesting. Pnuma ,IS opening every night.

ecrstylee starstarstarstarstar Tue 12/18/2007 10:34PM

Pnuma Rules! I'll be there fo sho!

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^› {¬¿¬} starstarstarstarstar Wed 12/19/2007 03:24AM

the motet are the home town heroes. yeah pnuma will open for them.

the motet album instrumental dissent is worth buying!! I love it. peace.

mrkrinkle6884 starstarstar Wed 12/19/2007 09:11AM

mrkrinkle6884

Having seen Pnuma 3 or 4 times, with and without the guitar player (god the name escapes me all of a sudden). I must say its often monotonous, I also find that it annoying that the drummer who has only been playing drums for what not even 6 years now, every newbie college kid thinks he is amazing. You wanna see a drummer go listen to Billy Cobham or Neil Pert. The Motet however can make some badass instrumentals that keep you thrilled to dance.

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^› {¬¿¬} starstarstarstarstar Wed 12/19/2007 09:24AM

I agree with u mrkrinkle. also, apt q258 aka jeff sipe is a real badass drummer. I love Billy Cobham too. Mike Clark was in the headhunters and he is a great drummer. SCI michael travis is very talented too. Umphreys Mcgee drummer is fantastic as well. word!

AZ~*Droo* starstarstarstarstar Wed 12/19/2007 10:07AM

AZ~*Droo*

well they actually never had a guitar player in the band... hence Pnuma "TRIO". Ryan from signal path was touring with them in 06. and the drummer is pretty good, not saying he's god or anything, but he can totally keep the untz untz untz in motion. i dig the key player!

mrkrinkle6884 Wed 12/19/2007 10:42AM

mrkrinkle6884

I know its a trio, which is why i said with and without the guitar player Yeah i guess he can keep the "untz's" going as you say, but hiting the cymbal and kick repeatdely and then a fast drumroll isnt what i call noteworthy acheivement. But I always thought the Keyboard player looked JUST LIKE Steve-O

AZ~*Droo* Wed 12/19/2007 12:01PM

AZ~*Droo*

haha he does kinda. i dont know, i think the drummer is a perfect fit for those guys, keepin it tight and sharp.

nfenne starstarstar Wed 12/19/2007 12:43PM

nfenne

I wish they would take this out on the road! Both are great bands that I've never seen live. Maybe they'll add Signal Path to the bill & do a bunch of east coast dates. One can only wish.

Krinkle,

believe it or not many good drummers find Neil PEART overrated. Billy Cobham is an amazing drummer but I've never heard him play like a drum machine. Playing steady 4 on the floor beats may not sound technically amazing but being able to do so while holding tempo and adding creative fills is pretty complicated. Pnuma's drummer is good at what he does and he fits the music. To compare him to some of the greatest drummers over the last 20 years is kinda like apples and oranges. Yeah they both play drums but styles-wise they're on different planets. Besides, Neil Peart may be an amazing drummer but I've never danced to a Rush song.

manlejo Wed 12/19/2007 01:12PM

If you're in the midwest, check out Tripod. Saw them a coupla times in Milwaukee, once with Pnuma Trio, and they are a good ol' booty-shakin time.

mrkrinkle6884 Wed 12/19/2007 06:20PM

mrkrinkle6884

nfenne if you read i said i was tired of these college kids who took E their first time and went to see a band at a bar and claim with exuberance that he is outstanding. John Theodore and Thomas Pridgen(The Mars Volta) are as technical as Neil Pert and I have danced to them for 2 hours straight. Also I myself have grooved and danced to Rush, but thats probaly just me. Just saying, many people find the beat in different things. Not saying Pnuma's drummer isnt talented, their music just doesnt allow them to show it. But I think I have posted enough on this board, time to move on.

cuttyfives Thu 12/20/2007 02:48PM

pnuma sucks...what a waste of 5$ dollars.