BREAK DOWN OF PHISH SUMMER TOUR CLOSER
[Photo From 2011 via @Mikepowers]
This evening, Phish concluded Summer Tour 2013 (outside of a three-night
Denver later this month) with a return visit to the iconic Hollywood Bowl in California.
The band first performed at the Hollywood Bowl in 2011 and tonight was their second
show at the historic venue. Tonight's show will best be remembered for an outstanding,
highly-exploratory version of "Harry Hood" that the quartet dropped towards the end of the
second set. This "Hood" was exciting from the get-go as the intro featured reprises of the
"Myfe" chant that ends "My Friend, My Friend." Once the band reached the jam section of
the song, they took it well beyond the song's normal boundaries into a blissful, ambient
space that took "Hood" beyond the 20-minute mark. A cover of The Beatles' "While My Guitar
Gently Weeps" was the night's only tour
debut, while "Scent Of A Mule" saw drummer Jon Fishman bang on Mike Gordon's bass with his
mallets as the other members of the band played different parts of his kit.
here to view the
breakdowns of every show Phish
has played in 2013 including setlists, recaps and our statistical rundowns.
Here's The Skinny from Phish's return to the Hollywood Bowl...
- Venue Capacity / Attendance / Type: 17,376 / 17,376 /
- Previous Shows at Venue: 1 Show – 08/08/2011
- Number Of Songs First Set: 11
- Number Of Songs Second Set & Encore:
- Total Number of Songs / Covers / Originals: 20 / 4 / 16
- Biggest Bustout: While My Guitar Gently Weeps - 33 Shows (LTP -
- Tour Debuts: While My Guitar Gently Weeps
- Average Song Vintage: 1995
- Debuts: N/A
- Weather: 67° and Sunny at ticket time
- Average Song Gap: 6.5
- The Spread: Lawn Boy - 1, Picture Of Nectar - 2, Rift - 2, Hoist
- 3, Billy Breathes - 1, Story Of The Ghost - 2, Farmhouse - 1, Joy - 2, Misc. - 2, Covers
- Longest LivePhish Track / Shortest LivePhish Track:
Harry Hood 22:33 / Lawn Boy 3:11
- Audio: Live
Phish From The Road Photos...
[Published on: 8/5/13]