SAN DIEGO STREET SCENE

San Diego's Street Scene has announced the initial lineup for its 2007 event taking place at the Del Mar Fairgrounds on September 22nd and 23rd. Aside of the festivals headlining acts The Killers, Panic! at the Disco, Air and Social Distortion, Street Scene will showcase such diverse acts as Matt Costa, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah and Paolo Nutini and dozens more.

More acts are to be announced in the coming months. Tickets are currently on sale here.

Street Scene was launched in 1984 with two versions of the event (one in May, the other in August). Originally set in a one block area of downtown San Diego (on 5th Avenue between J & K Streets), the event's first-year performers included Los Lobos and The Blasters in May, and X, Robert Cray, and the Neville Brothers in August. By 1987, Street Scene had become a once-a-year occurrence. The Gaslamp location was utilized for 19 years. In 2004, while celebrating its 20th Anniversary, the annual event moved to a venue adjacent to Petco Park. This enabled festival organizers to allow people to move more freely between the festival's performance areas while remaining in an easily accessible central San Diego location. The move to the Qualcomm Stadium location in 2005 allowed for an even more expanded area. Throughout the festival’s 20-year history, fans have come to expect a mix of some of the top names in music.

For up-to-the-minute updates, hotel information, transportation, parking and other facts, please visit www.street-scene.com.

[Published on: 6/19/07]

Comments

roberto767 Tue 6/19/2007 01:02PM

roberto767

No thanks...and I live in San Diego. :(

WillieWampus star Tue 6/19/2007 01:25PM

WillieWampus

Good lord Jambase,

Y'all sure are cranking out some turds these days.

lizardking1 Tue 6/19/2007 01:25PM

cali is really lagging on the festival lineups. the only thing we have going for us is high sierra

PheelinPhunky star Tue 6/19/2007 01:34PM

PheelinPhunky

come on jambase.... we go from MOE. announcing there NYE show which im siked about.... to this horrible festie....

ClarkSean star Tue 6/19/2007 02:14PM

This is Jambase? Keyword=Jam

I must admit that I love Social D.

migus00 star Tue 6/19/2007 02:42PM

migus00

they should call it fairground scene

xbnmx Tue 6/19/2007 03:46PM

It's interesting that Infected Mushroom and VNV Nation are playing, hopefully some more dance gets thrown into the mix.

moezmoe star Tue 6/19/2007 03:59PM

Ya come on guys, there is no need to tell us about this s&*t. I live two exits away, and i am bummed. We here had high hopes for this festi. I agree with the above poster, Cali needs some better festivals. I'snt the west the best??? How many f-ing festivals can the east gross host? ps.roger waters irvine = mind blowing...

elemenopcue Tue 6/19/2007 04:08PM

elemenopcue

I can walk to this show I'm so close......but I won't be going. Lame bands. Maybe Festival Del Mar will be better....I really, really hope.

johnnyjo14 Tue 6/19/2007 04:11PM

johnnyjo14

Slightly Stoopid, in their hometown, I'm all over it like white on green.

BGsteveBG star Tue 6/19/2007 04:19PM

BGsteveBG

the killers AND panic at the disco?? looks like im flyin out there from chicago! if i cant afford plane tickets i might just walk...

Thanks for the heads up, jambase?

playitleo Tue 6/19/2007 04:37PM

playitleo

At least Air is playing... I would go just for that, and heck I'm glad San Diego has some kind of festie.

PheelinPhunky star Tue 6/19/2007 06:46PM

PheelinPhunky

EAST COAST is where all the festies happen thats why im glad i live in VA right in the middle of every single one.... but dont get me wrong high sieara is good and telluride is also a good west coast festie.... and dont forget HORNINGS HIDEOUT SCI FESTIE this summer yall westcoasters are lucky to have.... but i must say this is has to be one of the worest crap jambase has posted in a long time... besides the OZZfest... hahahah

acomma Tue 6/19/2007 07:51PM

acomma

i would say they are fairly strewn about the u.s., maybe with the east getting a tad more love than the west. i really wouldn't be bitching too much if i lived in cali though, high sierra looks absolutely nuts and hornings is a little bit of a drive, but nonetheless amazing.

roberto767 Wed 6/20/2007 12:04AM

roberto767

Street Scene was cool last year...Tool, Wolfmother, Particle, Steel Pulse...etc. But this year they should just call it Emo-Scene.

das Wed 6/20/2007 12:06AM

Didn't street scene used to be in the streets?

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^› {¬¿¬} star Wed 6/20/2007 05:09AM

meh

lahipster starstar Wed 6/20/2007 08:51AM

people bands like pearl jam, bright eyes do not work with and are boycotting this street scene because live nation has taken control of this festival

ardentbiscuit starstar Wed 6/20/2007 09:40AM

Street Scene use to be in the streets of San Diego and always had such a cool and eclectic line up. Then they moved to a parking lot which is depressing because your legs feel like string cheese after a day of walking and you always end up sitting in an oil stain.

Now live nation has taken over and the line up looks like a radio station crap fest. I'm surprised they didn't book Fall out boy and Good Charlotte just re enforce how lame this line up is.

Auburn010 star Wed 6/20/2007 12:40PM

This is a HUGE disappointment!!! I live in SD as well, and I will say that I hope nobody goes to this show. The tickets are like over $100 for two days, and I am farily certain that the 14yr olds that this lineup is catered to will not be able to afford these tickets from their piggy banks. Live nation/clear channel/ticketmaster have indeed ruined today's music scene!!!

paulygparty Wed 6/20/2007 04:02PM

As terrible as this festival lineup is, I thank you Jambase for letting me know about LIVE music happening around me, even the music that I don't listen to.

HoodooVoodoo Thu 6/21/2007 02:36AM

HoodooVoodoo

WEAK FUCKING SAUCE!!!

Makisupa_McGee Thu 6/21/2007 12:04PM

Makisupa_McGee

I agree with all the nay saying on this fest and echo it for the crapfest in SF that was just announced, too.

It does suck balls but there just isnt the kind of market for jambands in the bay area that there is in east coast cities (and Denver), and I imagine that its the same case down in la and San Diego, too.

I love living here, but WTF cali kids?!?! stop going so ga ga for all this shitty music!!!

bluenotez Thu 6/21/2007 06:53PM

bluenotez

r.i.p. street scene..

this kind of tragedy is one of the reasons i moved from SD to portland

Zapzapa Thu 6/21/2007 08:50PM

Zapzapa

Clap Your Hands Say Yeah are damn good, thats all this fest has going on.

ers7 star Thu 6/21/2007 11:39PM

Hahahaha, OMG "the killers AND panic at the disco??" that is funny shit, how anyone could think that is good music is beyond me, just turn on mtv if you want to hear that garbage, you don't have to fly all the way from Chicago stupid. I agree with Hoodoo, WEAK FUCKING SAUCE!!!

ers7 Thu 6/21/2007 11:43PM

Oh, you were being sarcastic, maybe I shouldn't drink and type. I'll shut up now.

homegrown62 starstarstarstarstar Fri 6/22/2007 06:11PM

Wow once again San Diego screws up a great idea! Street Scene was once a great San Diego Event, and has now been Screwed up beyond repair it let people go down town and here a great mixture of Music enjoy great food from Local Eateries Drink if you wanted too or just hang out with your friends you did'nt have to drive you could take the Trolley too and from one of the Best Live Music events on the West Coast! Now they have turned it into a Crappy Music Fest with No name crap bands that well Suck so bad that anyways we wont go there! San Diego Needs to Stop sticking its head in the freaking sand and understand that they have screwed up again! This whole thing reminds me of the time the X-Games came to town and made San Diego a ton of Money and then the Next year San Diego said I'm sorry that because of traffic problems they did not want them back.

HoodooVoodoo Fri 6/22/2007 09:28PM

HoodooVoodoo

Clap Your Hands Say Street Scene is the worst its ever been and I'm sure as hell not going this year.

Falcon65 Sun 6/24/2007 02:16PM

When the best thing you can say about Street Scene is "at least it's not in a parking lot", it's time to hang it up. The downward spiral continues...

Jaguar83 Mon 6/25/2007 09:06AM

You people are so negative. This is a site for posting news related to quality live music, the people who view this site regularly benefit from receiving news like this...oh wait, these emo bands really do suck. I fail to see much of a difference between this and the Insane Clown Posse festival thing that goes through Denver every so often. I promise to punch myself in the crotch for every time an article comes up on The Killers/Panic at the Disco on this website. They ARE NOT in the spirit of this website no matter what some hippie fuck responds with below. I thought the music we listen to was kind of the antithesis of MTV music? This shit sucks.

lahipster Tue 6/26/2007 10:28AM

boycott this festival its live nation who took over this festival

lahipster Tue 7/10/2007 09:23AM

the village people this is not the orange county has been fair ( book the pet shop boys) that what happens when two old fat white guys book this program. where is Amy Winehouse, Erica Badua , Peter Bjorn and John, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, the black angeles , polyponic spree you old fat white are clueless its over for these two fat white guys . golden voice next year may put you out of the festival business in san diego