Festivals Forum

Summer's Coming and the Time is Right

33 Total Messages • Page 1 of 3 • 1 2 3 Next » 
SOSMP LIVE OAK HAS FESTIVAL DRUG CHECKPOINTS!!! WATCH OUT!!!!
LutherGashish
LutherGashish
3/6/2008 05:14 AM

This fact can not be disputed by you Live Oak supporters!!! THERE IS DRUG checkpoints both directions going into the Spirit of the Suwannee Music Park and they do import DEA agents just for the FESTIVALS at this beautifull spot. Unfortunately the local authorities DO NOT want to share thier paradise with anyone!!!! I have spent over $25,000. in 11 years , 3 festivals a year and I WILL NO LONGER SUPPORT SUWANNEE COUNTY NAZI's........

LutherGashish
LutherGashish
3/6/2008 05:15 AM

AVOID SPRINGFEST, WANNEE, AND MAGNOLIAFEST. ITS LAW ENFORCEMENTS SHOOTING FISH IN A BARREL FESTIVAL ALSO!!!!!!!

RobertRandolph20…
RobertRandolph20…
3/6/2008 05:18 AM

dude again? Quit flaming Florida for your careless mistake. Everyone just be cautious. Disregard this cat though. He got popped because of his own admitted carelessness, and now he has a vendetta against Florida. I love Florida and have had nothing but good experiences in the state and at their festivals... then again, I'm not careless.

FunkThompson
FunkThompson
3/6/2008 10:11 AM

Yeah, if there is a festival, there is a very high chance of a drug checkpoint. The police are not stupid. Rail against the laws all you want, maybe we will someday correct this problem, but until then... be careful out there.

Don't take it out on festival organizers, they don't have any say over this stuff.

RobertRandolph20…
RobertRandolph20…
3/6/2008 10:37 AM

I've been to Bonnaroo 3 times, Suwannee Springfest 3 times, Wanee 3 times, All Good 3 times, Summercamp 2 times, Dunegrass, Wheatland, etc. over the course of 5 years and I've only run into a Roadblock once.

FunkThompson
FunkThompson
3/6/2008 11:42 AM

I've run into several roadblocks, mostly at Missouri's Zoe Camp Grounds and Bearcat's Amphitheatre.

It really isn't that big of a deal, it is to be expected as a possibility going to any festival, plan accordingly.

RobertRandolph20…
RobertRandolph20…
3/6/2008 12:00 PM

Always plan accordingliy... and always expect the worse but hope for the best.

dancinbear1
dancinbear1
3/6/2008 03:54 PM

wanee 07 just inside of northern fl from ga there were cops, alot of cop cars running radar and pulling over speeders but other than that problems were nonexistant.

RobertRandolph20…
RobertRandolph20…
3/6/2008 04:14 PM

this is true. I did notice a lot in that region last year.

oreokookie
oreokookie
3/7/2008 08:06 PM

Hey Canadian: i'm glad you can handle yourself around pigs, but you're in denial pal--- suwanee is loaded with asshole D.E.A. and dready feddies. Wake up, or are you a cop, too? I've been to every fest you mentioned back to the early 90's, and have seen roadblocks at almost every one of them.... Allgood has a serious one in maryland the day after its over. Can you say " Gee, officer, no , why i don't know why your pulling me over"?

RobertRandolph20…
RobertRandolph20…
3/8/2008 05:50 AM

I've never experienced that... I have no reason to lie... If there were roadblocks, I'd be the first to step forward and say "hey be careful people". I don't want anyone getting popped! I just can't speak to what you guys speak of because it's way different then my experience and what I've seen. Maybe in the early 90's there were roadblocks at these festivals??? and on my return from all good we don't drive thru Maryland. And yes, I'm a cop, look at my pictures and who i associate with....?

Crazyeyd
Crazyeyd
3/8/2008 06:48 AM

lol, canadian, you're such a narc. ;)

Anyway, there are plenty of places in the MD, DC, and VA area (I grew up here) that will have a roadblock on any random ass weekend, not just festival times. We have road blocks if you want to go the STATE FAIR. Regardless, don't you think it's better to expect that kind of thing? I mean, COME ON! YOU KNOW the police are going to be looking to catch (stupid) people who don't have enough common sense to not get caught doing whatever they choose to do illegally, because they all gathered in one place. About 99% of the stories I have heard so far about how "horrible" the cops are seems to be animosity because someone did something stupid and got caught. How unfortunate for you that the police know how to do their job!

oreokookie
oreokookie
3/11/2008 11:00 AM

Well, CANADIAN....I've looked at your myspace page and have given the matter serious thought. I like your page,and homage to the older cats,(John Sinclair)your dress and style. However, I 'm adamant about the yearly sting operation at exit 18 in Maryland. Every prisoner in the Garrett county jail that day was in their early 20's,from ALLGOOD, and looked "hippie". There was no PROBABLE CAUSE for most of the stops, aside from a few speeders. Classic profiling, and a classic money maker for Garrett. Multiply the 31 cases X thousands in fines and fees!!...Allgood??...Not! YOU yourself would MOST CERTAINLY be stopped,arrested and yes, had charges (they don't care if yer a cop!)... Consider this next time at all- good,or swanee, or even Ypsilanti!...I can't speak to you more truthfully and straight....oreo

oreokookie
oreokookie
3/11/2008 11:00 AM

Well, CANADIAN....I've looked at your myspace page and have given the matter serious thought. I like your page,and homage to the older cats,(John Sinclair)your dress and style. However, I 'm adamant about the yearly sting operation at exit 18 in Maryland. Every prisoner in the Garrett county jail that day was in their early 20's,from ALLGOOD, and looked "hippie". There was no PROBABLE CAUSE for most of the stops, aside from a few speeders. Classic profiling, and a classic money maker for Garrett. Multiply the 31 cases X thousands in fines and fees!!...Allgood??...Not! YOU yourself would MOST CERTAINLY be stopped,arrested and yes, had charges (they don't care if yer a cop!)... Consider this next time at all- good,or swanee, or even Ypsilanti!...I can't speak to you more truthfully and straight....oreo

jonjirvin
jonjirvin
3/11/2008 11:08 AM

Dude get over it, dont be stupid and you wont get caught. Also it pays to be paranoid if you got lots to lose than why risk it.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use