Festivals Forum

Summer's Coming and the Time is Right

34 Total Messages • Page 2 of 3 • « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 
Wakarusa 2013
mferran
mferran
2/6/2013 03:43 PM

Dispatch is amazing live!!! I have seen them a bunch of times and they absolutely kill it. Not to mention most people know their lyrics pretty well so any show I've been to of theirs (whether their own or at a festival) has been a huge sing-a-long aka fun fest :) I haven't seen Amon Tobin or the Black Crowes live but I have heard great things and I'm sure it will be amazing. Last year at WAKA, there was never a moment that wasn't completely amazing--even the rain storms. Trust me--you want to go to WAKA. It doesn't get any better.

And if I were you I'd buy my ticket fast because I just got any email saying the current price level $154 is about to sell out!

mattblackburn27
mattblackburn27
2/9/2013 04:24 PM

I hope that they don't sell out of 154$ tickets because me and my friends really want to go. Not going to let a price raise stop me but I hope I get the money before they run out of those tickets just to make the trip that much cheaper on us!

iamthelovechild
iamthelovechild
2/18/2013 03:30 PM

I just found out that Waka is adding more camping!! thank god!! we were all squished last year in the mainstage camping. They are building 20 brand new Reserved Campsites! You can totally bring your RV because the sites include water and electric hookups. The camping passes go on sale this Friday, February 22nd at noon. Pretty sure these will sell out the minute they go on sale and you can only get them online. Just a heads up!!!

GroovingMeldoy
GroovingMeldoy
2/21/2013 08:23 PM

Can't wait for wakarusa this year headed right there from summer camp anyone else doing this?!

iamthelovechild
iamthelovechild
2/26/2013 08:21 PM

Amon Tobin's stage is sick as hell. I feel like alot of the bands and electronic artists that aren't headliners will blow you away as well. I think you should be stoked for Tribe.

relaxSonic
relaxSonic
3/2/2013 04:26 AM

The relaxSonic Space Ambassadors festival ticket contest is up and running! http://bit.ly/Uw9imO

GroovingMeldoy
GroovingMeldoy
3/6/2013 11:59 AM

This festival is gonna be awesome if you cant afford you should check into their wet program definitely gonna be a good time!

iamthelovechild
iamthelovechild
3/14/2013 03:02 PM

Has anyone ever worked for the WET work exchange team? what was your experience? I know that the applications are still live but was wondering your all's opinion. much appreciated!

cheesyphish420
cheesyphish420
3/19/2013 11:50 AM

I'm so stoked about this year at Wakarusa. Anyone heard of Work Exchange team? You work for your ticket, you can pick when you want to work (pre-fest,post-fest, etc.) and what you want to do. Just put in the work and you get a free ticket, pretty sick. They have apps now too that you can keep up with them. Check it! See you folks at WAKA!

iamthelovechild
iamthelovechild
4/12/2013 03:09 PM

man i love me some STS9. I just won tickets to see them in Detroit and CANNOT wait for Wakarusa. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE everyone, make sure you check out the waterfall at this festival. It's a hike but totally worth it. I could hang out there all day. ALL DAY.

kellyma
kellyma
4/13/2013 01:30 PM

@ewelchd in reply to your question about dispatch, they are AMAZING!! I guess you could describe them as an indie rock band and they are great live! i saw them at bonarroo last year after anticipating seeing them for many years and they blew me away! Their classic song is "The General", but some of the other ones you should check out are "two coins", "bang bang", "here we go" "batts in the belfry", and "outloud" .. but honestly don't limit yourself to that (it was hard to only pick some songs haha) they are really great and i am absolutely stoked that they will be at waka :) also really pumped for grouplove!! anyone a fan of them?

kellyma
kellyma
5/2/2013 10:27 AM

Have you guys seen the official scheduled lineup?!?! it is so sick! My favorite back to back is friday night where it goes dispatch > STS9 > Zeds dead > galactic! What do you guys think, check it out below::

http://www.jambase.com/festivals/wakarusa/wakarusa2013.html

ewelchd
ewelchd
5/2/2013 03:32 PM

I checked out that schedule and it looks very nice. I was highly debating checking out Shpongle over Galactic though. Maybe catch a little of both who knows? Definitely catching all of both STS9 sets! ^_^

Cluster
Cluster
5/4/2013 08:58 PM

beware of random nunchuckings.

cheesyphish420
cheesyphish420
5/22/2013 01:58 PM

Widespread Panic is going to throw it down so hard! So stoked for 2 sets of tribe too. There's too many acts to be excited for! This video just gets me so much more pumped that I will be leaving for Waka in A week! It's going to be one of the top festivals this year if not THE best. Just about all the camp spots are sold out except for Riverside camping, we camped there last year and it was actually pretty sick. Get your tickets now so they aren't more expensive when you get there. See you guys on the mountain in a WEEK!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CunpGcq5fE8

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use