Festivals Forum

Summer's Coming and the Time is Right

34 Total Messages • Page 1 of 3 • 1 2 3 Next » 
Wakarusa 2013
goad
goad
1/20/2013 12:03 AM

I'm surprised to see no one has posted this lineup yet. It looks like it will be another great year at Wakarusa!

Widespread Panic - Dispatch - STS9 - The Black Crowes - Amon Tobin - Snoop Lion - Umphrey’s McGee - Yonder Mountain String Band - Gogol Bordello - Zeds Dead - Of Monsters and Men - GROUPLOVE - SOJA - Rebelution - Quixotic - Galactic - Shpongle presents The Masquerade - Tipper - MUTEMATH - Son Volt - Ozomatli - EOTO - SAVOY - RJD2 - Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs

Gramatik - Los Amigos Invisibles - Calexico - Karl Denson’s Tiny Universe - Del The Funky - Homosapien - Bombino - Criolo - J BOOG - Allen Stone - Figure - Emancipator - AraabMUZIK - GRiZ - Icona Pop - Felix Cartal - Baauer - The Polish Ambassador - Minnesota - The Green - BoomBox - Papadosio - Wallpaper. - Milo Greene - The Floozies - Anuhea - Zion I - ZOOGMA - The Werks - Delta Rae - Langhorne Slim - Moon Taxi - The Motet - Shovels & Rope - The Bright Light Social Hour - Deap Vally - New Monsoon - Lyrics Born - The Coup - Band of Heathens - Red Baraat - HeRobust - GAUDI - RUN DMT - RL Grime - Wick-it the Instigator - Andreilien (Heyoka) - The Whigs - Karsh Kale - Janover & reSUNator - Bluetech - Kidnap Kid - Abakus - Lance Herbstrong - Lord T & Eloise - Cherub - Govinda - D.V.S* - DJ SOLO - Xaver - Samples - The Apache Relay - Mingo Fishtrap - Earphunk - Daft Phunk: Earphunk performing Daft Punk Live - Yo Mama’s Big Fat Booty Band - Flow Tribe - The Brothers Comatose - ZZ Ward - Nic Cowan - Mountain Sprout - Dirtfoot - Tornado Rider - Nahko and Medicine for the People - Jon Wayne and The Pain - David Wax Museum - Spirit Family Reunion - The Last Bison - Mountain Standard Time - Old Shoe - The Magic Beans - Holy Ghost Tent Revival - Buffalo Killers - Dumptruck Butterlips - The Ben Miller Band - Eitch - The 1 oz. Jig

mcgoo4171
mcgoo4171
1/21/2013 12:31 PM

Thanks for posting the whole line up! :) Really excited to see what Snoop Lion's going to be like. Still undecided... AND Happy 15th Birthday to Umphrey's McGee!!! SO happy to see them in the line up!! Dispatch is cool - I thought they broke up though?!? The Black Crowes, STS9, Tipper... I am happy! ;) Although...missing Primus/Les Claypool a bit..maybe???

GroovingMeldoy
GroovingMeldoy
1/22/2013 08:16 AM

WSP STS9 and UM will definitely make this festival worth while!

beccabrat10
beccabrat10
1/29/2013 10:45 AM

Last time I saw STS9, there was a big parachutein the crowd! Like the ones that your gym teacher brought out on the "best-day-of-gym ever" in grade school! People were playing with poi and their hoops under it. loading the top with glow sticks and then flinging them all into the air. Seriously, who ever brought that, in that magical STS9 set, you changed my life! Seriously! And then i got to leave that set only to go back to my camp to play with fire in front of all my new festival friends and neighbors! I'm so stoked to see them again with so many other amazing preformers!

earthlightlove
earthlightlove
1/29/2013 11:49 AM

Definitely interested to see how Snoop "Lion" will be... haha! I have seen him in the past at other festivals but couldn't exactly picture him being at Waka... guess we shall see! Always ready for Shpongle and EOTO... as for mindblowing eye candy performances Quixotic and Amon Tobin are gonna kill it. Those are definitely two not to miss. I think one of my favorite Waka line ups was two years ago but either way Waka lives up to it's awesomeness no matter what in my opinion. Certainly wouldn't go back every year if it weren't amazing considering it's a 30 hour road trip for me... :P Where else is everyone traveling from?

GroovingMeldoy
GroovingMeldoy
1/29/2013 03:13 PM

Saw umphreys this weekend in rva can't wait to check them out at waka their gonna be sick1

troyfeck
troyfeck
1/29/2013 04:26 PM

This is easily the best festi lineup so far this year thats been released. With WP, STS9 and The Black Crowes headlining, the undercard is awesome all the way down to the last band. Plus, the Ozarks are beautiful. So many natural wonders around Mulberry Mountain...you can't go wrong!!

shaynataplin
shaynataplin
1/29/2013 05:15 PM

Waka's lineup this year looks awesome!!! WSP, Umphrey's Mcgee, Yonder Mountain String Band, Papadosio, Tipper and Galactic! And so much more talent!!! Don't miss this one!

maegancampbell
maegancampbell
1/29/2013 10:44 PM

never been to mulberry mountain but i am excited to make this year my first! i've only heard such beautiful things about waka- not only the venue but the music too! cant wait to see panic, yonder mtn, galactic, karl denson, umphreys and just about everything else! may 30th cant come soon enough!!!

mferran
mferran
1/31/2013 01:54 PM

Mulberry Mountain is amazing!!! Waka is the best festival--from the people to the music and the vibe, it really can't be beat!! PLUS this year the lineup is AMAZING! PANIC??! DISPATCH?!?! YONDER?! Not to mention some of the ones returning from last year like Umphrey's, SOJA, Rebelution and EOTO and some awesome newer bands like Buffalo Killers and Moon Taxi!! I can't wait to get back to the Ozarks!! How many days left?!?! :)

MayaJaffe
MayaJaffe
2/2/2013 09:10 PM

Reading through these comments, people are really stoked to go to this year's Waka. As a veteran, I can say it's easily one of my favorite festivals, and this years lineup is killer. The new-er indie vibe should be interesting, but there's still plenty of great jamming! Lot's of band's I've never heard of though, any recommendations?

tonka1973
tonka1973
2/4/2013 05:05 AM

Holy street teaming batman!!!!

shaynataplin
shaynataplin
2/4/2013 08:42 AM

Not only is the lineup stellar this year but the natural beauty of the Mulberry Mountains is definitely worth checking out!

Make sure to head down to the waterfalls during they day its a great way to refresh and recoup before the night time hits!

iamthelovechild
iamthelovechild
2/4/2013 05:15 PM

I have been to this festival 3 times and it is hands down the best festival of the summer. I also love the waterfalls and rivers you can hike too if your not into seeing any music that day. I think this is by far the best lineup this summer and I am hella stoked on it. I love me some Tribe and am always excited to see them on the lineup for my favorite festival!

ewelchd
ewelchd
2/6/2013 01:32 PM

So I'm largely unfamiliar with Amon Tobin and Dispatch. Can anyone tell me why I should be super pumped for them as headliners? Also has anyone seen the Black Crowes live before? They're one of those bands to me that I've not really delved into but they sound alright. Can they really bring it live though as a headliner? Other than these questions I'd like answered the majority of this lineup looks killer and I can't wait to see how it all turns out!

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use