unbroken1
unbroken1
8/21/2012 09:03 AM

http://www.pollstar.com/news_article.aspx?ID=80246 5

This is going to be the heat!!

bogmonkey
bogmonkey
8/21/2012 09:51 AM

I would worry about any NC fest after what happened at Gnarnia.

antelope963
antelope963
8/21/2012 10:36 AM

I have 2 tickets for sale because I can't make it anymore. Save $60 off the website price and buy them from me!

bdstephenson@smcm.edu

unbroken1
unbroken1
8/21/2012 11:27 AM

OOps!!

http://www.pollstar.com/news_article.aspx?ID=802465

That works better.

Gnarnia=Electronic drug band fest

Jomeokee=Family friendly fun band fest

antelope963
antelope963
8/25/2012 07:50 AM

2 tickets for sale. Make me an offer!!

bdstephenson@smcm.edu

biesak
biesak
9/7/2012 01:43 PM

can't wait! the line up is phenomenal for a small fest like this...del's bluegrass jam should be unbelievable!

midnightfluff
midnightfluff
9/10/2012 08:37 PM

I've attended both Smilefest & Head Jamz. Good people running these fests and definitely NOT stylistically comparable to Gmarnia. I don't think Del or Marley will attract too many tweakazoids, but u can bet your balls I'll be losing it during the Melvin Seals, George Porter, Jimmy Herring Everyone Orchestra set. Can't wait!

beel
beel
9/15/2012 04:24 PM

Pigs are here. Reports of undercover at night invading tents. Spy technology suspected. Be mindful if you are here.

The USA is an EVIL union of Police States.

unbroken1
unbroken1
9/18/2012 12:26 PM

Twas Epic.

beel
beel
9/19/2012 10:18 PM

still dealing with the repercussions. it was worse than I thought when I posted above. see Jomeokee facebook wall for more info and dialog.

As the festival unfolded, I kept thinking to myself, ``I sure hope this place fills up and they make their numbers so they can keep doing this. And the view, with 'Mt. Pilot' in the background...stunning!'' Considering the lineup, I was amazed the turnout wasn't higher. Then reports of predatory police practices of the worst kind began surfacing. Strange, the whole time I NEVER ONCE caught a whiff of burning Cannabis nor did I hear utterances noting the availability of "nuggets" ... "doses" ... "molly" ... "shrooms" ... "K," etc. ANYWHERE on the grounds (and I'm an old hippie --no cops over 50 work undercover-- therefore, a prime prospective-customer of the hucksters that frequent such events) These reports of over-zealous predatory drug-law enforcement in camps I was outraged and felt some anger towards management for not warning patrons of this threat. Told myself "I won't be coming back here. Will post to as many internet discussion threads as possible telling others to avoid the buzz-killing trap that awaits them at Jomeokee. But after absorbing the performances by the stellar lineup and learning that the "Lester Flatt Pickin' Stage" was not merely named in his honor but that he had a hand in it's construction as he once owned the property--thereby making it "sacred ground" in the world of bluegrass music, I paused and then realized management might not be aware of the full extent and abusive nature of the camp-invasions.

So my intent IS TO RETURN next year and print up some flyers to give people as they arrive with warning notice and tips on how not to be intimidated by aggressive punks with guns and badges that have been trained on how to get around The Constitution --remember TODAY [17sep2012] IS CONSTITUTION DAY something for all Americans to be proud of and reaffirm how it is OUR DUTY to keep it from being further eroded.

No, the kind, respectable, wise and compassionate sheriff like "ANDY TAYLOR" of "Mayberry" is a thing from the distant, nostalgic past. Fully-militarized, federally funded terrorists with American flag patches on their body-armor have taken his place. So, yeah, while this year may have been a bonanza for the macho, gun-toting EXTORTIONISTS hell-bent on justifying their existence, next go-round, we can be ready so as to be said "model of good behavior" and demonstrate that further invasions of our camps and privacy will not bring them the dollars they so worship. I want to personally pre-empt the EVIL PLANS of the (to quote the Declaration of Independence) ``swarms of officers to harass our people and eat out their substance." 卐卐卐

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use