next best Festy with NO COPS!???
MCAustin
MCAustin
8/12/2012 10:38 AM

Any suggestions, always a better vibe

bogmonkey
bogmonkey
8/15/2012 01:44 PM

I refuse to attend a fest that has cops onsite. Too much buzzkill.

Fests that I personally know that do not have an onsite law enforcement presence:

Wakarusa (arkansas)

Yonder Mtn Harvest Fest (Arkansas)

Aura Music fest (Florida)

ABlu
ABlu
8/16/2012 07:15 AM

FYI. Police officers are on site at Mulberry Mtn. I grew up with a guy that later became an Arkansas Park Ranger. He and OVER 20 of his friends were on site with guns, handcuffs and badges throughout the weekend of this years Wakarusa. The land you speek of is smack dab in the middle of federal land. Yet the festival is on privite property. It would be a shame to see this amazing festival ground go to waste should it become known as a free for all. Arkansas like all other states have laws in place. We need to be respectful. All that being said, Mulberry Mtn is the best place i know of to enjoy a festival.

laxd1314
laxd1314
8/18/2012 02:58 PM

Gnarnia

bogmonkey
bogmonkey
8/20/2012 10:54 AM

QUOTED ***He and OVER 20 of his friends were on site with guns, handcuffs and badges throughout the weekend of this years Wakarusa. The land you speek of is smack dab in the middle of federal land. Yet the festival is on privite property***

On Mulberry, I have never seen a police officer on the festival site unless he was called in to pick someone up. YES, they are "in the area" and on the roads - but thay are not ON SITE. Never seen a cop at any of the stages, in any of the campgrounds, nowhere. If they are on-site, they are absolutely hidden and uninvolved. Private Land means Private Land - period.

lkaquila
lkaquila
8/28/2012 06:48 AM

mint green music fest

beel
beel
9/15/2012 04:46 PM

Camp Barefoot in August outside Bartow, WV. I've been all three times and all I saw was a pair of uniformed deputies make brief token appearances in the main concert area. obviously weren't looking to make trouble. No swarms outside. A great benefit of the smaller fest.

MollyTate
MollyTate
9/17/2012 12:22 PM

Definitely was NOT Jomeokee. Do not go to Pinnacle, NC unless you want to be subpoenaed back two months. It was a colossal bust.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use