Festivals Forum

Summer's Coming and the Time is Right

3 Total Messages • Page 1 of 1 •
Arts and crafts vending
old_ben
old_ben
7/23/2012 09:01 AM

Howdy, y'all...it's old ben and after tossing the idea around for a few years, have decided to take the leap next year and do a tour of shows as a vendor selling our artwork.

Are there any other vendors out there that can offer advice on planning tours, which fests sell well, which ones don't, links to vendor boards or websites etc.

Any info is greatly appreciated. We just left the Gathering yesterday with an appetite to get back into the game. We know about art fairs, but music fests, other than as paying customers, are a new area for us.

Peace y'all.

delete_me771
delete_me771
7/30/2012 06:14 AM

As an artist who has traveled and sold art at shows I would have to say my best advice is to get a job and save your money to go on tour and keep your art. You will not make money but you could potentially finance a trip but there is NO guarentee that people will buy your art, in fact the odds are against it.. Its that simple.

old_ben
old_ben
7/30/2012 06:25 AM

Get a job?!?!?! HORRORS! rofl....thanks for the response, that's kind of what I figured...I'm thinking of blending in juried art shows and fairs with a few fests thrown in. The idea is hopefully the fairs that sell will finance the festivals, and if we just break even at a fest it would be worth it for a year or two...big maybe.

take care...

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use