The Barren Wells

Unique Food, Art, Craft Vendors

Pre Sale Ends July 25th

$50 Online Now and $65 Day of Show

www.stealyourfest.com

TiedyeVikki
TiedyeVikki
7/19/2012 11:00 AM

I was checking out this fest a while back... GREAT lineup, LOTS of QUALITY bands there... and it sounds like a cool venue too. I may try to make it, but I'm not sure yet if I can or not. Anyone else here going?

GratefulFrederick
GratefulFrederick
7/19/2012 01:49 PM

haha shardzville

TiedyeVikki
TiedyeVikki
7/20/2012 09:15 AM

So apparently choosing to have your fest in Shartlesville, and including the town in your thread title, is a good way to get your fest some attention here! ;P

Funny thing happened last night. First of all, a little background... Shartlesville is also the location of Roadside America, a huge indoor model train display, and one of my husband's favorite places (he's like a big kid). Also, I had not mentioned anything about this fest to my husband yet, not the name, the location, nothing at all. Well last night I'm here in the office on the Steal Your Fest website reading up on the fest, and my husband wakes up from sleeping on the couch and comes in and tells me he was just having a dream about being at Roadside America and four young people stealing my cell phone. Kind of a twilight zone moment. LOL

Maybe this is a sign that I'm destined to make this fest! But maybe I'm also destined to have my cell phone stolen there. Yeah I know, it's "Steal Your Fest", not "Steal Your Phone"... but still, weirdness... lol...... ;P

TiedyeVikki
TiedyeVikki
7/25/2012 09:37 AM

Just a heads-up that the $50 presale price ends TODAY. After that, it's $65 at the gate. The ticket includes camping, and kids 12 and under are free with an adult. For those hesitant to buy in advance for outdoor events, let me point out that this place has a big indoor arena which the whole shebang (bands and vendors) could be moved into if needed. Dogs are allowed inside too (I checked). But as of now, the extended forecast is looking pretty good. :)

One of my favorite regional bands, MiZ, is headlining Friday night. And Saturday night the headliner is Flux Capacitor, out of the Philly area... I've seen them a few times and they are off the hook! There are lots of other solid bands on the bill too... I've seen a handful of them before myself, and have heard good things about a lot of the others... good times for sure. :)

For tickets, info, band schedule, etc: http://www.stealyourfest.com/

I will definitely be there, and I may have my bernese mountain dog Iko with me. I will be working MiZ's merch table Fri night, if anyone wants to come say high. ;)

--Vik

TiedyeVikki
TiedyeVikki
8/2/2012 11:00 AM

Hey all, it's Steal Your Fest weekend! The $50 presale price was supposed to end last Wednesday as I posted above, however as of right now it appears it's still available......

http://stealyourfest.inticketing.com/events

Tonight is the Thursday prefest party with no camping. Then tomorrow gates open at noon for the weekend, with carside camping included Friday and Saturday nights. (No bands on Sunday.)

Here's the band schedule according to the website:

Thursday August 2nd - Outdoor Main Stage

7:00-8:30 The Barren Wells

8:45-10:15 Steal Your Face

10:30-12:00 Mantis

Friday August 3rd - Outdoor Main Stage

3:00-4:00 Galactic Cowboy Orchestra

4:15-5:15 BoxCar Social

5:30-6:30 Hogmaw

6:45-7:45 Wallace Brothers Band

8:00-9:00 The Roy Jay Band

9:15-11:00 MiZ

Friday Late Night - Indoor Arena Stage

11:30-12:45 Titanium Stardust Machine

12:45-2:00 Mystery Fyre

2:15-? The Primate Fiasco

Saturday August 4th - Outdoor Main Stage

11:00 Bottleneck Slide Guitar Workshop by Keni Lee Burgess

12:00-1:00 The Heard

1:15-2:15 Citizens Band Radio

2:30-3:30 Echoes Talk Back

3:45-4:45 61 North

5:00-6:00 The Primate Fiasco

6:15-7:15 Dakini

7:30-9:00 The Good Lovin' Jam Band

9:15-10:45 Flux Capacitor

Saturday Late Night - Indoor Arena Stage

11:15-12:45 Dopapod

1:00-2:30 Willie Jack and The Northern Light

2:15-?

Also, since it's not mentioned in the fest description in the original post, I wanted to point out that this place has modern restrooms and hot showers... a big plus, to me at least. :)

Oh, and I think I've decided NOT to bring my bernese mountain dog after all, which I mention just incase anybody would be looking for him to locate me. I can be found at MiZ's merch table Friday night though... I have long brown layered hair and will be wearing a tie-dye t-shirt of some sort... come say high. :)

For more Steal Your Fest info, go to: http://www.stealyourfest.com/

--Vik

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use