Festivals Forum

Summer's Coming and the Time is Right

197 Total Messages • Page 4 of 14 • « Previous 1 2 3 4 5  ... 13 14 Next » 
All Good Line Up!
kangphisher
kangphisher
3/2/2012 11:22 AM

TimSundog 2/29/2012 04:06 PM • [Report Abuse]

After reading though all these rules, I'm not going. No biggie, but whats the point if a festival brings on a buzz kill.

What gives bro? What side of the "All Good" fence are you on?

kangphisher
kangphisher
3/2/2012 11:23 AM

TimSundog 3/2/2012 11:00 AM • [Report Abuse]

The best line-up in Ohio! All Good is now the #1 festival in Ohio. I'm soooooo happy for Tim!!!

TimSundog
TimSundog
3/2/2012 11:29 AM

Its is, can't you see????

kangphisher
kangphisher
3/2/2012 11:33 AM

TimSundog 2/29/2012 04:06 PM • [Report Abuse]

After reading though all these rules, I'm not going. No biggie, but whats the point if a festival brings on a buzz kill.

Is It?

TimSundog
TimSundog
3/2/2012 11:33 AM

All Good is awesome, and I'm happy for all the people that get a good time. BUT, I'm old school. I feel folks should be able to bring chairs, blankets, tables, E-Z ups for shade, or whatever. Bringing your own beer in the concert area is a freedom I cherish, even though I don't drink.

Again, I love All Good being where its at, but you have to admitt, some rules do suck, even some of mine!

kangphisher
kangphisher
3/2/2012 11:35 AM

In the short time I've been on this board, I've come to the conclusion that you're an idiot. I've bit more than a couple of times on your back-and-forth BS and other people have told me that you're full of **it and now I see it. Good day sir

kangphisher
kangphisher
3/2/2012 11:43 AM

LOL. You're right Tim. I was a little harsh. It just seems to me that every time I read a post of yours it's contradicting your previous post. I don't mind other people's opinions, but yours aren't consistend. You hate all good and you're not going/ All good is the greatest festival in the world/ the rules suck, you would be a fool to go/ can't wait to rage out all good..... Pick a side Tim

kangphisher
kangphisher
3/2/2012 11:43 AM

consistent (my bad)

TimSundog
TimSundog
3/2/2012 11:50 AM

Well yes I wanted to go. I had GGG at LV in 2008. I know the place like the back of my hand. But, if those are the rules (which weren't there before I said I wanted to go)then no way. People should have the freedom of brining their OWN beer into the concert area. You're paying a high ticket price, so why in fact pay for their high beer prices?But thats just one rule.

Tell me...

kangphisher
kangphisher
3/2/2012 11:54 AM

I agree, the rule does suck. Paying 7-8 dollars a beer is bullsh** but from my experience, with the exception of hookahville, every festival I've been to operates that way. Maybe not with the umbrellas, or whatever but not too many shows/festivals let you bring your own beer up to the stage. It's just the way it is. It was the same on the Mountain in WV. Those are standard festy rules

TimSundog
TimSundog
3/2/2012 12:08 PM

>>>not too many shows/festivals let you bring your own beer up to the stage.

We let folks bring their own spirits into the concert area, and we also have a full "Beer and Malt Bar" if folks choose to sit in the bar and watch the live bands play music. And there many more midwest festival (not Ohio) that welcome you to BYOB.

Sorry if I upset you...

kronkə
kronkə
3/2/2012 12:16 PM

So in other words Tim, you just run a weekend cookout with friends and family and not an actual festival right? I guess that explains your low turn out year after year. Just friends and family. I got it now. Thanks for clarifying.

TimSundog
TimSundog
3/2/2012 12:32 PM

kronkə, Actually the name of the festival says it all. We're not about Um, Flaming Lips, Moe, or any other bands. This is a tribute festival in honor of Garcia, hince A Grateful place, where Garcia fans, are Gathering.

As a matter of fact, we drew over 1,000 fans last summer. The owner of the campground and his staff check in each person coming in the gate.

KSTS9
KSTS9
3/2/2012 12:55 PM

No midsize to large fest lets you bring in your own beer, summercamp won't even let you bring in your own period which I think is total bullshit.

If you read the rules you can have ezups just not near pathways you can use them for shade at your campsite what do they expect you to do during a downpoor? Your allowed to bring in blankets. I could see why people shouldn't bring in umbrella's and chairs they get in other peoples way and once it gets dark it's just something to trip over, if you forgot people get spun out and it's hard enought to walk around on uneven ground let alone tripping over someone's mobile campsite they would take to the beach. Get a grip man, the rules are smart in my opinion. I sure don't want a umbrella poking me in the eye if I happen to fall.

chrisfromwooster
chrisfromwooster
3/2/2012 01:46 PM

I really wanna say all kinds of stuff about scamdog however. i'm gonna stick to my professional side :0)

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use