Festivals Forum

Summer's Coming and the Time is Right

197 Total Messages • Page 3 of 14 • « Previous 1 2 3 4 5  ... 13 14 Next » 
All Good Line Up!
kangphisher
kangphisher
2/29/2012 06:43 PM

Yeah, what up Sundog? You're all over the place on this board. Those are damn near the same exact rules from every other festie. With a few exceptions. All good is gonna be ALL GOOD!!!

TimSundog
TimSundog
2/29/2012 07:45 PM

I'm sorry I posted my opinion. I can understand why AG is placing such harsh rules in regards to the situation they are facing from last year. My bad...

benzoate
benzoate
2/29/2012 08:15 PM

Im gonna go with it the same way I do every festival, every year. I'll believe it when my feet are in the dirt.

kangphisher
kangphisher
2/29/2012 08:27 PM

I don't mind the opinions but what out of those rules is different than other festivals? Is it the no umbrellas?

kangphisher
kangphisher
2/29/2012 08:31 PM

These are the few that I might be able to see where you have issue with but even that's not too bad. Unless I'm interpreting it wrong. The "concert grounds" mean going through the gate to actually see the bands right? I think you can still bring in those items, including alcohol, to your camp site, just not down to the stage area or "concert grounds." Or is that not how you took it?

Q: What am I not allowed to bring into the concert grounds?

A: No Coolers, kites, video cameras, umbrellas, pop up tents, lawn chairs, weapons, laser lights or alcohol will be permitted on the concert grounds. Food, and beverages and beer will be served in the concert area.

Q: What am I allowed to bring into the concert grounds?

A: Blankets, and one (1) sealed water container.

Q: Why can't I have a lawn chair or umbrella the concert grounds?

A: We don't have enough area to openly allow chairs and umbrellas on the concert grounds. You must have a medical reason to have these items

KSTS9
KSTS9
3/1/2012 06:39 AM

I don't see any "harsh" rules, same as it ever was. From the looks of it car camping is allowed which is good news.

kangphisher
kangphisher
3/1/2012 06:57 AM

Yeah, I saw that. But they emphasized that the "tent only" camping would offer the best spots and those are on a first come first serve basis. And they made is sound like you would be able to park pretty close to the tent only camping..... So I'm not sure what I'm going to shoot for. It's only a 2 and a half hour drive for me so I'll def be there early but who knows. wanted to do hookah in the spring to check things out a little more but don't think I'll be able to make it

KSTS9
KSTS9
3/1/2012 08:05 AM

I'm only 2 1/2 hours away too, I was going to do VIP but if they allow car camping, and with no huge hills to battle is it even worth it? I bet it's going to get setup similar to superball with one long main drag with different camping sections on both sides leading toward the stages and shakdown, that would be great 20 minute walk at the furthest.

kangphisher
kangphisher
3/1/2012 08:29 AM

I hope so. Never done VIP but the main perk is just being close, I think. All the other BS doesn't really mean anything to me. I'm going with 6-8 people so I don't think we're doing VIP. Financial reasons etc.... Plus I like being with the common folk. And I've been to two all goods at the mountain and had a blast both times. I know this fest gets labled as the "wook fest" or "all hood" or whatever, but I don't have a negative thing to say about my experience. Well, I take that back. Two things: Three card monte, saw a guy get jacked and had his money stolen, but I think those "guys" are at every fest, and the damn hills!! But that's also what made the mountain so beautiful. Stoked about going to the Valley to rage!!!!!

Poindxtr
Poindxtr
3/1/2012 12:47 PM

Lineup additions:

Big Gigantic

Tea Leaf Green

The New Mastersounds

Greensky Bluegrass

Rumpke Mountain Boys

The 4onthefloor

The only specific date I could find for any of them was Tea Leaf Green. They're on Saturday.

Poindxtr
Poindxtr
3/1/2012 01:20 PM

I just noticed in the addition announcement email that The Werks now have a question mark after their name. Also on their website, they no longer have a specific date listed for All Good so... who knows?

Kboon
Kboon
3/1/2012 01:35 PM

Just saw Big G and Tea Leaf back to back last weekend at 9:30 club and I was way more impressed than when I saw them at All Good over the past two years. And I've been dying to see the New Mastersounds forever. What a great day for All Good!!!

kangphisher
kangphisher
3/1/2012 01:40 PM

And Rumpkee can bring it!! For those that don't know

Not sure of the sound quality as I'm at work but here's a hookahville show of theirs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IP-YnoIMqeM

benzoate
benzoate
3/1/2012 05:02 PM

Mastersounds was my surprise in 2010 - Big G was on his game last year. I'm excited.

TimSundog
TimSundog
3/2/2012 11:00 AM

The best line-up in Ohio! All Good is now the #1 festival in Ohio. I'm soooooo happy for Tim!!!

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use