Festivals Forum

Summer's Coming and the Time is Right

8 Total Messages • Page 1 of 1 •
Newport Folk Fest--what to expect
jamie350
jamie350
7/14/2011 12:28 PM

Hello!

I am headed to Newport Folk Fest and I am not looking to rage super hard, but I still am wondering what to expect. How hard to they check bags? Do they sell alcohol inside?

Would love some feedback. Thanks!

jamie350
jamie350
7/14/2011 12:54 PM

that is the greatest news ive heard all day! will i be able to get into the festival with goodies?! ;)

GratefulFrederick
GratefulFrederick
7/14/2011 06:36 PM

A+

dopen993
dopen993
7/19/2011 08:40 AM

HAHAH, wish I could say the above posts were true, but the Folk Festival is about as polor opposite as you can get to the other more "relaxed" festivals. Don't plan on getting too crazy, the music stops at 8 both nights and for the most part everyone just sits while the music is on.

They have a beer and wine tent and a bunch of food vendors, but that is pretty much it. They go through bags pretty thoroughly, same with coolers and I am pretty sure this is no alcohol allowed to be brought in.

jroshan
jroshan
3/1/2012 04:29 PM

the music really stops at 8??

TimSundog
TimSundog
3/3/2012 07:18 AM

>>>newport folk fest is straight GaNgStEr!! where do you think they got Newport Cigarettes?!?! THE NEWPORT FOLK FESTIVAL!!

Profiling a festival. Now I've heard it all.

nicmyers
nicmyers
3/5/2012 08:49 AM

Bring a chair, it is the only way to stake out space by the main stage. And if you like to dance, well, stay towards the back so you don't bother the elderly chilling in their chairs. Beer and wine is available (last year it was strictly Magic Hat on tap, which I personally adore) and it can only be consumed in the beer gardens. You can bring in water and snacks, though this fest has some of the yummiest local fare around!

Yes, music does stop early, so bring extra cash for the fabulous shows happening all over downtown Newport. You don't have to go home/back to the hotel, but you do have to leave the Fort.

sumit_kumar
sumit_kumar
11/19/2012 12:37 AM

where can i find the tickets for newport folk festival? when this fest will be held.?

[url=http://www.bluelotusfestival.com]Indian music festival[/url]

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use