Robert Randolph
SoulRefresher
SoulRefresher
4/2/2008 06:28 PM

I've never seen him live how is it?

Tpetty
Tpetty
4/2/2008 08:23 PM

I dont know, but il be seeing him play support for Clapton in Toronto next month...My first time for both!

SarahFirefly
SarahFirefly
4/3/2008 06:59 AM

last year at wanee, the robert randolph family band was awesome!

ISEEDEADPEOPLEDA…
ISEEDEADPEOPLEDA…
4/3/2008 08:57 AM

he's great on the steel for sure, but for me anyway it's kind of like the John Popper Project is to harmonica in a way. i just get tired of all that steel guitar. feel like he plays too many notes or slides and it makes me tired. all that being said, he's definitely worth seeing at least once. my 2c.

jonjirvin
jonjirvin
4/3/2008 09:47 AM

Ive seen RR and the Fam band open for DMB twice and saw RR in the Word and everytime he puts on a great show. Awesome talent, youll have a blast.

RobertRandolph20…
RobertRandolph20…
4/3/2008 10:25 AM

I've seen RRFB on several occasions, and had an opportunity to get close to them. They are good people, and talented musicians... Them becoming as big as they are was truely a grass roots effort initially. I do dig their older stuff more than the new stuff. Check out Live @ The Wetlands.

thecurtainhasclo…
thecurtainhasclo…
4/3/2008 10:58 AM

RRFB is solid. one of the most live shows you'll ever see, hes got so much energy. check him out.

Danimal
Danimal
4/3/2008 02:15 PM

First time I saw him was at Haymaker, which I mostly went to for Hornsby. Randolph played right before him and it was like "follow that". I was so pumped from them that Hornsby didn't even really matter.

RobertRandolph20…
RobertRandolph20…
4/3/2008 02:50 PM

^ I witnessed the same w/ Gregg Allman & Friends. How are you supposed to follow RRFB back in early 2002, when people are just being exposed to that for the first time? You can't. I spent the majority of the Gregg Allman set talking to Robert about his music... Gregg & Friends suck anyways...

stumper302
stumper302
4/8/2008 10:17 AM

RRFB Toured with the Allman Brothers last summer they really killed it, but the highlight was when Rober Randolph came out and did an encore with ABB.

colleeflower777
colleeflower777
4/9/2008 07:57 AM

last year on 420, rob and the fam came and did a free show at my school which was incredibly shocking because the last concert the school organized was ..... riyanna. rihanna? either way, its always a HUGE PLEASURE to listen to rrfb... i never seem to tire of the steel guitar!

HWP
HWP
4/10/2008 06:55 AM

Saw RR&TFB in Spring 2002 when Ginty was still in the band. Current RR&TFB keyboardist Jason Crosby(I think he joined full time in '03) was with them at the time on keys. JC pulled double duty also playing in Shannon McNallys band that night. It was a high energy show but with songs that seem repetitive.

Also at the December 2001 & December 2002 Christmas Jams. They're good but like Josh said its not a band I would go see over and over or unless they just happened to be where I was at the same time and it was convenient for me. They're a band I think could use lots of work in the songwriting area.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use