Festivals Forum

Summer's Coming and the Time is Right

16 Total Messages • Page 1 of 2 • 1 2 Next » 
moe. to play the Dunegrass Festival
Michigan1
Michigan1
4/2/2008 06:24 PM

I just heard that Dunegrass added moe. and Moon Alice. Is anyone else going?

Full Lineup www.dunegrassfestival.com

THE SPARROW QUARTET FEATURING BELA FLECK and ABIGAIL WASHBURN ~ ARLO GUTHRIE ~ STEEL PULSE ~ MOE. ~ DEL McCOURY BAND ~ PARTICLE ~ PETER ROWAN and THE FREE MEXICAN AIR FORCE ~ PETER ROWAN AND TONY RICE QUARTET ~ RAILROAD EARTH ~ RICHIE HAVENS ~ DONNA THE BUFFALO ~ TODD SNIDER ~ BACKYARD TIRE FIRE ~ MELVIN SEALS AND JGB ~ BUCKETHEAD ~ GREAT AMERICAN TAXI ~ CORNMEAL ~ PAPA MALI ~ DAISY MAY AND SETH BERNARD ~ GREENSKY BLUEGRASS ~ GANDALF MURPHY AND THE SLAMBOVIAN CIRCUS OF DREAMS ~ STEPPIN’ IN IT ~ THE RAGBIRDS ~ THE MACPODZ ~ RACHEL DAVIS ~ AIRBORNE OR AQUATIC? ~ CABIN FEVER ~ EMPIRE’S OWN ABNC AND MANY MORE TO BE ANNOUNCED!

RobertRandolph20…
RobertRandolph20…
4/2/2008 07:00 PM

WTF...!!! Link?

RobertRandolph20…
RobertRandolph20…
4/2/2008 07:06 PM

That Line-up is amazing... How are they going to accommodate all of these people? Are they expanding the camping?

Michigan1
Michigan1
4/2/2008 07:28 PM

Yes, extra camping.

spreadhed83
spreadhed83
4/2/2008 07:32 PM

where is this festival held?

Michigan1
Michigan1
4/2/2008 07:41 PM

Dunegrass is located in Empire Michigan about a 1/4 mile from swimming in lake Michigan (there are shuttles) Empire is 25 miles West of Traverse city and about 200 miles from detroit. Check out the site dunegrassfestival.com for more info.

Michigan1
Michigan1
4/2/2008 07:46 PM

Dunegrass is located in Empire Michigan about a 1/4 mile from swimming in lake Michigan (there are shuttles) Empire is 25 miles West of Traverse city and about 200 miles from detroit. Check out the site dunegrassfestival.com for more info.

RobertRandolph20…
RobertRandolph20…
4/2/2008 08:38 PM

Michigan1 Posted: 4/2/2008 07:28PM

"Yes, extra camping."

-Excellent. Which direction? Across the street there?

stuckinabeat
stuckinabeat
4/3/2008 08:29 AM

are they going to allow drumming this time?

Michigan1
Michigan1
4/3/2008 08:35 AM

Tell me about your thoughts on that.

RobertRandolph20…
RobertRandolph20…
4/3/2008 08:41 AM

That cat was totally a downer last year, after Particle's closing set, he took the stage to preach to everyone how disapointed he was with the previous nights noise... this rant went on for a few minutes with the guy repeating himself over and over... Who the fuck was that? I hope they chill in that regard. I camped on the grounds that night an was unaware any of this took place the night prior, so it couldn't have been too bad.

stuckinabeat
stuckinabeat
4/3/2008 09:18 AM

I got their late last year, but i heard from a few people say that something went down and they werent too happy about it. I think they just didnt expect so many people, hopefully this year they will be a little more used to it and let us drum.

Michigan1
Michigan1
4/3/2008 09:47 AM

Which dude? Was it the older guy that MC'd quite a bit with long hair and a beard? The fest last year was held right in the Village (I am not sure if it will be in the same spot) a 1/4 mile from lake Michigan which is pretty awesome. But also right next to a bunch of people who live there and have to work the next day etc. Part of the agreement with the town is that they keep the noise down late at night (drumming etc.) It is tough because you have to admit that this fest is really cool and has a very real feel to it. Like the people who put it on actually give a shit about whether or not you are comfortable and have a good time etc. Rather than just having the objective of getting your cash. So there are some trade offs.

Michigan1
Michigan1
4/3/2008 09:54 AM

What did you guys think of the rest of the fest?

RobertRandolph20…
RobertRandolph20…
4/3/2008 10:23 AM

I enjoyed it. Great music with a small personal vibe... It was very low key. Also being able to walk to the lake at any point was clutch. Security was also really chill. It was entertaining watching them move around the stage area telling people to keep their herb down... If thats all you have to worry about, it's a beautiful thing.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use