Festivals Forum

Summer's Coming and the Time is Right

5 Total Messages • Page 1 of 1 •
BAMAJAM
markg0528
markg0528
3/19/2008 02:47 PM

Has anyone heard about this yet? Just got an email Gov't Mule, Yonder Mountain, Keller Williams, RailRoad Earth, Marc Broussard, Bill Nershi are gonna be playing at this bluegrass/jam/country event. I also heard that it will be on private property!

markg0528
markg0528
3/19/2008 03:06 PM

I believe the weekend before Bonaroo! June 5,6,7. should be a good low eye event!

wfb3
wfb3
3/24/2008 02:16 PM

sounds killer, know any more details? speaking of BAMA,

the following weekend is Birmingham's City Stages, Southword Entertainment is hosting after partys all weekend with the COdetalkers and lots of others.

this sunday march 30 they are hosting a big Jam at base camp lounge 8pm with 3 bands and members of the peacemakers, keith carlock (sting/steely dan's drummer) members of snoop and erykah badu's band, rod stewarts musical director, plus Jill Scott's band might come over for a jam after ther gig at boutwell. spread the word, more info here:

http://www.myspace.com/southwordentertainment

haupt
haupt
4/2/2008 12:58 PM

I checked out their webpage and those bands are going to be great along with the Duhks. bamajammusicfestival.com

Hope it happens, South Alabama needs the culture!

markg0528
markg0528
4/9/2008 08:46 AM

Man it is a done deal! I live close by and drove out to the camp. They are building the infastucture now. They are also going to have to largest bar in the Southeast setup. It is a 300ft long bar with a late night stage. I can't believe this is in my backyard.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use