Festivals Forum

Summer's Coming and the Time is Right

10 Total Messages • Page 1 of 1 •
best place to camp at 10klf?
ponygirl
ponygirl
2/23/2008 12:17 PM

10klf newbie here- where is the best place to camp? i hear northwoods are fun- any suggestions?

bzobes87
bzobes87
2/23/2008 06:22 PM

lake sallie or northwoods are both good, plenty of shade and nice lakes to swim in

jimithing1221
jimithing1221
2/24/2008 07:25 PM

northwoods. you got shade, a lake, and are closer to the stage. you can hear soundcheck if you are close enough and you can get to the stages in 5 minutes.

FunkThompson
FunkThompson
2/25/2008 09:30 AM

Northwoods = Party Camp, totally in the woods, closest to stages (next to VIP)

Lake Sally = Family Camp, decent shade, right on the lake.

VIP = closest to stage, shade, but noisy in the mornings.

The other campgrounds are where everyone who doesn't get a Lake Sally or Northwoods pass go to, and they kinda suck. Less shade, no lake, far from stages.

jro421
jro421
2/25/2008 12:55 PM

Northwoods yo!

theguykeator
theguykeator
2/25/2008 03:42 PM

Blue Ox and Viking are stellar.(SHHH) No shade, Long walks, no wake up calls by Seal!!

Anyway Northwoods is getting to crowded but thats were i'll be.

cam0083
cam0083
2/25/2008 04:02 PM

I always go to Lake Sallie for a number of reasons.

1. It's for the most part pretty close to the stage which is nice.

2. There is always something going on there and it is also right next to Northwoods which can be a little more crazy, so if your feeling bored you can walk over there, but still find some peace at night to sleep if you choose to.

3. The big selling point for me is the Lake. It's not the nicest but just going in there in the morning when you're feeling a little hung over and probably a little dirty changes the day for me. You can walk out quite a ways and there's always someone with shampoo and soap to clean up a bit.

I'm sure Northwoods is great also but have never stayed there, I feel committed to Lake Sallie after three years of camping. One recommendation is to buy your camping pass early for one of these two because they do sell out early. Three years ago I got stuck in Viking which was sunny, hot, no lake, and ridiculously far. It took like twenty minutes to walk to the stage and almost ruined my weekend.

doobiebro.
doobiebro.
2/26/2008 10:09 AM

Northwoods is hands down the best camp. You're close to all the stages and the atmosphere is untouchable. Camp down in the valley-close to the lake.

FunkThompson
FunkThompson
2/26/2008 03:35 PM

OK, I have to say this:

What the @#$% is wrong with people shampooing their hair and using soap in the lake? They make "camp soap" for a reason - because Pert Plus and Irish Springs are not intended to be found in nature.

I don't know the exact environmental impact (so could have possibly been being an ass), but I bitched out like 20 people last year about that. My friends were disgusted but I was the only one who said anything, not out of bravery but rather because I like to hear myself talk :D

Not cool, not cool at all.

ponygirl
ponygirl
2/27/2008 05:30 PM

Awesome- thanks for all the input. I will see you all in the northwoods!

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use