Festivals Forum

Summer's Coming and the Time is Right

17 Total Messages • Page 1 of 2 • 1 2 Next » 
No Campfires at Langerado?
BrandyBBB
BrandyBBB
2/21/2008 09:00 AM

Did anyone else see this in the FAQ? Do you think this is enforced or just discouraged? Maybe I should bring the little grill for food?

O1Roggae
O1Roggae
2/21/2008 09:02 AM

Yeah it will probably be enforced. Wanee is really the only fest I know of in Fl that lets you have campfires on your campsites.

BrandyBBB
BrandyBBB
2/21/2008 09:04 AM

Bummer. That's why I love magfest, wanee, etc. Oh well :(

Iulizbug
Iulizbug
2/22/2008 04:47 AM

Yep that is the beauty of Suwannee park, every camping spot is primitive camping, VIP style :)

ajtrue78
ajtrue78
2/22/2008 11:33 AM

For anyone arriving to Ft. Lauderdale airport Thursday afternoon/evening (before 8pm), if you're looking to share a ride with two fellow travelers, e-mail me at ajtrue78@yahoo.com. My name is Andy. I'm interested in talking to ANYONE going from FLL to Big Cypress Thursday evening...if you've got a vehicle already, myself and one other are looking to catch a ride and contribute accordingly. If you don't have something worked out already, let me know, as I'm trying to work out some sort of chauffeur ride for multiple people (must be willing to contribute a little $$).

schofizzl
schofizzl
2/23/2008 02:17 PM

who needs a campfire at a festival anyway.. especially a festival in florida. i generally don't even like to stay at my site long enough to build a fire, let alone sit around it. i typically use my tent site for sleeping only and the rest of the time is for exploring the festival and its music.

but i mean if you want some hotdogs or marshmallows then yeah a fire is the best way. i'm sure they'd let you have a small grill though

Iulizbug
Iulizbug
2/25/2008 08:51 AM

Yeah you will be fine with a grill I am sure. We brought ours to Echo Project and they had the same rules as Langerado and we were fine. You just can't have a full camp fire like at Wanee.

heidski
heidski
3/1/2008 09:56 PM

yeah,i just cant imagine being at a festival,at night,with no fire. Im from Ohio so i just cant picture it. Is there something you do instead?

schofizzl
schofizzl
3/1/2008 11:57 PM

party. walk around. jam some guitars with strangers. enjoy yourself. besides who needs a fire in the summer? well langerado's not exactly summer but its in florida so it doesnt matter.

Iulizbug
Iulizbug
3/2/2008 05:45 AM

Yeah that what I mean. There are always nice jam sessions around that you can join in on. I think I remember seeing some campfires at Echo and they are prohibited there too. We also brought glass beers, we just hid it. It just depends how chill the security is at Langerado. Just be smart about everything and you will be fine. I personally don't think its necessary in Southern FL to have a fire---the lows are supposed to be in the high 60's, it shouldn't be cold.

BrandyBBB
BrandyBBB
3/3/2008 10:19 AM

The fires thing is just a personal preference. Never really been about cold to me, more about mood, food and just plain awesomeness. But I'm not losing sleep over it either. I was just curious. Fires are beautiful whether you're in florida or not. And I am born and raised floridian, and our weather is definitely very flip-floppish. It was 30 degrees a few nights ago, and today it's 75. Just the way it is, ya know? Don't go into this weekend thinking it won't get cold at all. Bring something to stay warm just in case. I've been to festivals in April around here that were freezing (i.e. Wanee '04).

Just saying.

Don't underestimate the cold down here. Yeah, 50 degrees isn't that bad, but with windshield and humidity it can be hell.

Either way!!! It will be fun fo sho :)

Iulizbug
Iulizbug
3/3/2008 10:27 AM

Yeah the last night at Wanee it was freezing, in the 30's or 40's...I am hoping since its more south that it won't get that cold. But yes, I am going to bring lots of warm clothes just in case. You never know in festivals, it usually gets blazing hot in the day and then freezing at night. I can't wait, only 3 days left!!!!

Jobrill
Jobrill
3/4/2008 09:41 PM

am leaving west palm around 5pm any one any one need a ride and be willing to split gas is more then welcome to come along. I got a decant sized suv and plenty of space in it. email me at riccardi@gmail.com. I hope t hit the gates at 8 or soon there after.

gamecat
gamecat
3/5/2008 01:53 PM

Wood, in particular the Cypress Tree, are sacred to the Seminole tribe.

Burning that wood is (would be) VERY disrespectful.

That is why, among many other reasons, they don't want fires @ Big Cypress.

Jobrill
Jobrill
3/5/2008 03:02 PM

From what I have seen from aerial photos it looks like shade is going to be the really big problem I am setting up a shaded shake down are in the VIP section. if you got it stop on in all are welcome!!!!!

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use