Festivals Forum

Summer's Coming and the Time is Right

12 Total Messages • Page 1 of 1 •
Entering Langerado
sherryufl
sherryufl
2/19/2008 08:54 AM

Does anyone have any prior knowledge as to what it is like getting into Langerado? Huge lines taking endless hours to enter? Anyone know any backroad entrances? I'd appreciate it.

sourdeeeezzplease
sourdeeeezzplease
2/19/2008 10:03 AM

they say you will be turned around at backroad entrances without proper credentials. the phish millenium show was one of the biggest traffic jams in history on alligator alley

Iulizbug
Iulizbug
2/19/2008 12:18 PM

That doesn't sound good. I wonder if we get there at 8am when gates open if it would be better? Or would it be better to come around noonish??? I DON'T want to be pissing in a cup in the car because we can't move anywhere and are stuck in traffic. Any thoughts of when the best time to arrive is??

sourdeeeezzplease
sourdeeeezzplease
2/19/2008 12:41 PM

im not taking any chances ill be there at 8am better early than stuck for hours

ajtrue78
ajtrue78
2/22/2008 11:34 AM

For anyone arriving to Ft. Lauderdale airport Thursday afternoon/evening (before 8pm), if you're looking to share a ride with two fellow travelers, e-mail me at ajtrue78@yahoo.com. My name is Andy. I'm interested in talking to ANYONE going from FLL to Big Cypress Thursday evening...if you've got a vehicle already, myself and one other are looking to catch a ride and contribute accordingly. If you don't have something worked out already, let me know, as I'm trying to work out some sort of chauffeur ride for multiple people (must be willing to contribute a little $$).

GoGoGalacticGo
GoGoGalacticGo
2/24/2008 05:16 PM

be advised big cypress is 30+ miles in the middle of the everglades. there is nothing else out there. i do not want to be waiting in line for 3-6 hours with nothing to look at but alligators looking at me like i'm a piece of chicken. i will be there at 8am.

Dylan4
Dylan4
2/25/2008 06:16 AM

if i get there at like 7 am u think there will beany traffic, i m just wondering cause im taking a taxi fromt he ariport and id rather get there early and not have to pay a shit load for waiting in lines

O1Roggae
O1Roggae
2/25/2008 07:26 AM

so chill bring as much sht as you can. They care more about glass and fireworks than anything. They are going to have chill ass secuirity this weekend

Iulizbug
Iulizbug
2/25/2008 08:48 AM

How bad do you guys think the line will be at around 10-11am? My friends are getting an RV on the way and we have to stop and pick it up when it opens about an hour or two away and I just want to make sure we aren't stuck in traffic for hours. Isn't RV camping better than reg camping though? So, even if we camp next to them in our car we will have a better camping spot than reg camping? Or is that just VIP and not RV camping?

Shappo
Shappo
3/2/2008 10:32 AM

Honestly, I think the earlier you show up the better. By 10-11 am, i think a lot of people are going to be in line. I'm going to hopefully start the line early thurs morn when my crew arrives. we're all flying into FLL on wednesday night, and we're rocking a minivan. so if you see a redhead in a minivan early thursday morning thats most likely going to be me. So stop on by and say hello, you won't be disappointed.

Iulizbug
Iulizbug
3/3/2008 05:35 AM

Yeah I think we are going to get there around 7:30-8ish now to try to avoid some of the lines. Our RV friends will meet us later. They won't mind waiting in line because they have AC and a toilet in there RV unlike us in our Honda...lol

Jobrill
Jobrill
3/4/2008 09:43 PM

I am leaving west palm around 5pm any one any one need a ride and be willing to split gas is more then welcome to come along. I got a decant sized suv and plenty of space in it. email me at riccardi@gmail.com. I hope t hit the gates at 8 or soon there after.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use