Festivals Forum

Summer's Coming and the Time is Right

6 Total Messages • Page 1 of 1 •
Favorite moments from 10K
cam0083
cam0083
2/13/2008 12:36 PM

I've gone for four years now and even without a lineup announced yet I am planning on heading up North again this summer. What are some of your favorite moments from past years and where do you guys love to camp.

cam0083
cam0083
2/13/2008 12:39 PM

My favorite shows from the past have got to be Umphrey's from last year, String Cheese the Year before and then for some reason I remember Particle being the greatest thing ever late night of the first year. I'm sure there are more but those are the three that stick out.

As far as camping goes I'm all about Lake Sallie. It's amazing to wake up a little hung over and go for a nice swim, even though there's not much of a beach...if you even want to call it that.

proudestmonkey1
proudestmonkey1
2/13/2008 01:29 PM

does anyone have any guesses to who will be there this year? I'm flying from Louisiana to check it out.

FunkThompson
FunkThompson
2/13/2008 03:29 PM

2005: First year, holy awesome batman I love it. Cyro Baptista and Beat the Donkey was ridiculous. Watching people come see my friends Madahoochi over Primus. Having a VIP ticket to something for the first time, ever, period. Seeing my friend Shawn Hartung perform on stage with Steve Kimock. Meeting Steve Kimock. Being driven around on carts because they thought we were "actual" VIP's. Delta Nove. Green Lemon.

2006: MMW + Trey. GRAB. Actually not hating the Black Crows. 200-ish people crowded into the Saloon stage for Madahoochi, while Trey tore it up outside (I could be mixing up '05 / '06 - don't remember which year they played "against" which.) Getting a backrub backstage while Trey started. "Free slaps on the ass" girls (who were from St. Louis, it turned out.)

2007: Jon Cleary and the Absolute Monster Gentlemen - amazing. Zappa Plays Zappa, a highlight of my life much less the festival. Madahoochi finally having enough people at the Saloon stage that you could barely find a spot outside, much less inside. Spending 4+ hours a day promoting Madahoochi. Still being up at Sunrise on Sunday, packing up and driving home tired as hell.

FunkThompson
FunkThompson
2/14/2008 11:30 AM

Actually, right here is one of my favorite 10klf moments:

http://www.archive.org/download/madahoochi2006-07-21.10KLFmatrix.flac16/madahoochi2006-07-21t06_vbr.mp3

Madahoochi, "Must Be Nice", 2006 on the Saloon Stage. Crystal clear audio, one of the most fired-up performances they put on that year.

If you go to a festival, and Madahoochi is playing, GO SEE THEM. You won't be disappointed!

FunkThompson
FunkThompson
2/14/2008 11:33 AM

http://www.archive.org/download/madahoochi2006-07-21.10KLFmatrix.flac16

/madahoochi2006-07-21t06_vbr.mp3

Hmmph, Jambase forums are weaksauce. Had to split URL onto two lines, it wouldn't wrap the url :(

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use