Festivals Forum

Summer's Coming and the Time is Right

7 Total Messages • Page 1 of 1 •
Woodstock 2009
TheACDCBag
TheACDCBag
1/24/2008 08:32 AM

Hey whats up everybody. i had a bit of a revelation and i hope that the people of jambase can help me with this. Woodstock was a celebration of music, peace and love and i feel if we can come to gether by next year to reclaim woodstock in bethel, ny for a 40th aniversery of music, peace and love. this may sound pretty crazy but i feel that if enough people do come together there is always power in numbers. Okay my mission is pretty simple have a 40th aniversery of woodstock and keep it in stride of the one we all missed and wish we could have been at. but hears my thing. the last woodstock festivles turned out like shit because thats what happens when you get a whole bunch of young people together in the nintys with the types of music they had. they werent there for the music they were there to pary for three days and thats not what the 40th anivesrey should be about in my opinion. I SAY WE TAKE WOODSTOCK BACK FOR THE JAMBANDS. this will truly be a celebration of music love and peace if we can pull a bonnarroo, 10klf, langerado esqu festivle on the same grounds it began 40 years ago, it could be beutiful. all i think there is to do is raise our voice. So if anyone is reading this and your with me just add a post.

willie42o
willie42o
1/25/2008 12:39 PM

yeah count me in!!!!!! i'll even headline it with my band 'big willie and the 40 pimps' it has a 22 man horn section!!!!!

somanyfewerquest…
somanyfewerquest…
1/28/2008 04:56 PM

Sounds good to me

LilCousinJesus
LilCousinJesus
2/7/2008 09:04 AM

Yea that would be awesome...I hope it turns out more like original and less like previous recreations

lampheren
lampheren
2/7/2008 09:23 AM

so, are you organizing it?

browns
browns
2/8/2008 07:32 AM

hmmmmmmm not totally sure if the "party 90's kids" wrecked the two previouse woodstocks....i really think

browns
browns
2/8/2008 08:17 AM

oppps didn't realize I was posting it soo quickly!......really think CORPRATE AMERICA WRECKED WOODSTOCK!........... been to a “few!!!” festivals and I always always always see people partying…and the music…well most of the bands that played at the 90’s Woodstock’s have played in other festivals…….in fact I don’t consider either of the 90’s Woodstock’s to be festivals…..just Corporate America making lots of $$$off of us music loving people!

Totally up for another Woodstock….however I don’t know if the people who own the bethel site are up for it!.....but there are some smaller festivals such as Bucks County music festival……….some kind of jam 3…………a bears picnic…..harvest fest (damnsam.com)….Stonehenge…. and some bigger…..Mountain jam GOTV……etc!....that will give you the vibes of Woodstock

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use