Festivals Forum

Summer's Coming and the Time is Right

8 Total Messages • Page 1 of 1 •
Festivaaaaaals
andy
andy
1/18/2008 12:23 PM

Use this forum to talk about upcoming Festivals, your summer festival plans, review of Festivals, everything festivals...

You know, Festivals!

TiedyeVikki
TiedyeVikki
1/19/2008 01:29 AM

YAY! It's Festivus for the rest of us! No, wait, that's something different... sorry, don't mind me... it's 4:30am and I'm just feeling a bit silly, hehehe... ;)

--Vik

kellerhead
kellerhead
1/20/2008 06:09 PM

brilliant ideA. I'm going to bonnaroo (mostly because i've been there twice and know the drill) and probably one or two other ones aside from ACL and SXSW since i live here in austin.

pumpkingirl
pumpkingirl
1/21/2008 08:48 PM

the small festies in California last year were so sweet! Las Tortugas with cabins, three stages can only get better. Awesome location, wide range of bands from funk to bluegrass. four days of costumed freaks with less than a thousand tix!! Bobolink in Beldon (close to where HS is held and at a better time of year) brought a nice jazz and funk line-up with garaj mahal headlining and lots of small bands filling it in. Love to see up and coming bands.

Iulizbug
Iulizbug
1/22/2008 11:02 AM

I'm going to Langerado in the spring and then All Good in the summer. Then its saving money time for me because I am going to attend my first jam cruise in Jan '09 :)

willie42o
willie42o
1/25/2008 12:34 PM

yeah now liberals can talk about all the sick face melting stuff he does and someone on here might actually care.

birdman23
birdman23
1/26/2008 04:27 AM

Looking for the some big names to start popping up on summer festivals that were big last year at festslike Gratefulfest, ReGRESSION,All Good, High Sierra, Camp Bisco,10KLF. Right now Grateful Garcia Gathering sounds most appealing, im sure as i write this many ideas for lineups are being sparked, but im hoping a couple lineups will have a good feature of bands like Phil & Friends, STS9, DSO, EOTO, Glitch Mob, Allman Brothers band. I find Bonnaroo is alittle to crazy of a scene with too many vibes of music, tho many good variety, just seems alittle overdone, and alittle passive on 10klf after hearing of sketch stuff goin on there last year (death and alot of UC's). WHY IS THERE NOTHING FOR 4th of JULY!!!!! I was banking on Gratefulfest but im hearing rumors of DSO wanting to do it on Labor Day weekend. Hoping for Sonic Bloom in June of Colorado, All Good, Jerry Garcia Gathering, and Tracegression in July. Just ramblin man but i hope some good stuff goes down this summer that i can enjoy as best as possible.

oatz
oatz
2/10/2008 09:48 AM

I only wish I could go to more festivals

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use