General Tech Forum

Feature Requests & Questions

8 Total Messages • Page 1 of 1 •
Thumbs Up/Down: What's the point?
phalluscooper
phalluscooper
12/30/2008 12:52 PM

The thumbs up/down feature was a novel idea but it seems to have provoked a few users in our community to sign up for multiple user accounts for the sole purpose of creating multiple thumbs up/down.

See bubba666 on the Happy Hanukka article. (There can't be that much antisemitism on Jambase)

Thoughts?

HWP
HWP
1/1/2009 01:34 PM

Apparently someone has falsely accused me of doing the same without looking much deeper inot the issue at hand.

Phalluscooper, might it be you?

I just got an e-mail in my personal inbox from some nameless faceless jambase.com admin accusing me of such. I sent them back an email basically saying that if they felt the need to ban me permanently without digging much deeper than they have then to go right ahead and do it. I do not wish to be a part of a community that fails to look deeper.

It was a fun 6 or so years on here. Adios Amigos.

Holt

HWP
HWP
1/1/2009 02:52 PM

Furthermore I AGREE with you on the thumbs up/thumbs down. It should be removed. And *REPLACED* with an IP Address along with each username to be shown in all comments on articles AND in forum posts. I have called for this on here in the past with no luck yet.

HWP
HWP
1/2/2009 04:30 AM

The Fifth Amendment is a GRAND thing. Much like the First Amendment.

HWP
HWP
1/7/2009 08:22 AM

Story Comments‏

Sent: Thu 1/01/09 7:27 PM

To: music@jambase.com

Hello -

Your JamBase user account was identified as having mass thumbs down many comments in recent stories. Please refrain from this type of activity. It is disruptive and against the spirit of the website.

If your intention in this was not malicious, please accept our apologies. If it was, please stop. If you continue to do this we will be forced to delete and ban your user

account.

Thanks and Happy New Year.

-JamBase

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jambase.com nameless, faceless admin who sent me this: Silence is simplicity?

-Holt

Ierner
Ierner
1/9/2009 06:08 AM

dude, that is a nice way of doing things... & it seems to me like this was an effort to dig deeper...

They could have just deleted you w/o any explanation at all...

see you around man...

HWP
HWP
1/10/2009 08:13 AM

btw, lerner, i did in fact try another way, BUT, andrew warren aka "conductor" has not even bothered to open my PM, yet. and he has signed on multiple times since and its been days. he definitely does know who i am. why did someone from jambase.com send me an anonymous e-mail?

and yeah they could have but didnt and i called their bluff in my reply to them.

everyone on jambase.com has the same privilege as the next person. you can either thumbs up with something you agree with or thumbs down with something that you do not agree with, NO? so wherein lies the problem? do tell jambase.com, please. and the thumbs up/down jive should be removed. ip addresses to keep people from acting like asses should implemented.

-holt

HWP
HWP
1/12/2009 04:09 PM

ok, everythings cool as far as im concerned. i heard from andy g. of jambase.com. i probably did overreact above.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use