General Tech Forum

Feature Requests & Questions

20 Total Messages • Page 1 of 2 • 1 2 Next » 
import to google calender
bzobes87
bzobes87
9/16/2008 09:23 AM

Is there anyway to transfer my show calender over to google calender?

andy
andy
9/16/2008 10:46 AM

Hi, thanks for your question.

You can't quite "transfer" your calendar to Google Calendar, but you can subscribe to your MyJamBase calendar in Google Calendar.

Here's how you do it.

Go here: http://www.jambase.com/MyJamBase/shows/Calendar.aspx

On the bottom left of the screen is an icon for Export Shows. You can hover of the "ical" icon and copy the link. Then go into Google Calendar and Add a new calendar by URL. Paste in that ical URL and then your MyJamBase shows will appear as a new calendar in Google Calendar.

Whenever you add something to your MyJamBase calendar it will appear in Google Calendar. Magic!

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Andy

burlveneer
burlveneer
11/22/2008 05:04 PM

I tried it and Google just gives me the error message "Could not fetch the url because robots.txt prevents us from crawling the url." Is there a workaround for this problem?

crunchyjew
crunchyjew
11/24/2008 12:52 PM

Also having this issue, would love a fix asap!

andy
andy
11/24/2008 02:19 PM

Thanks, we're looking into this now and will update this thread with more info.

crunchyjew
crunchyjew
12/6/2008 04:25 PM

In the mean time you can use yahoo pipes to proxy the feed.

jjeep91
jjeep91
3/22/2009 09:16 PM

Hi Andy, I tried this as well and it works for me initially(it add's all the shows that are ALREADY in my Jambase calender). But when I add a new show, it doesn't sync over to my google calender. I tried linking Jambase to my Mozilla Sunbird calender program and it worked fine(sync's automatically when I add a show to JB calender) so i am thinking it's something to do with Google Cal. I appreciate you help.

thanks

Jason

jjeep91
jjeep91
3/30/2009 03:46 PM

Anything?

mase
mase
3/30/2009 05:20 PM

jjeep91,

Google Calendar does sync up changes to your JamBase calendar, but it only does so every so often. I have had my JamBase shows calendar in Google Cal for a while, and while it does not sync up immediately, Google does make periodic updates to any calendar additions you've made. Give it a couple of days and I believe it will show up...

tnunnery
tnunnery
4/18/2009 09:56 PM

I've added my JamBase calendar to Google and it only shows in an external site when I'm logged into Google. There is no option to share the JamBase calendar from within Google and make it public. What's going on?

BenjaminHuman
BenjaminHuman
4/19/2009 08:05 AM

Just posting to say that it works great

tnunnery
tnunnery
4/19/2009 09:09 PM

wtf?

BenjaminHuman
BenjaminHuman
4/20/2009 05:55 AM

Did you import it right? You need to select "Add a new calendar by URL" and copy the "ical" URL into that. Mine displayed after that, I just had to change it to monthly view since I like it that way.

tnunnery
tnunnery
4/20/2009 08:56 AM

Yes, I did that part. It only shows for me when I'm logged in though. When logged out, I get the "you don't have rights" message on the external website.

Does your have controls to turn sharing on and off for the JamBase calendar?

BenjaminHuman
BenjaminHuman
4/20/2009 11:19 AM

Oh, no it doesn't give me the option.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use