General Tech Forum

Feature Requests & Questions

10 Total Messages • Page 1 of 1 •
Seeing who is going to shows
boknows
boknows
1/17/2007 01:06 PM

Other than your Jambase friends, you should be able to see whi is going to shows that you want to go to.

Just my 2 cents.

aaronw
aaronw
1/17/2007 01:47 PM

that would be cool. but only if I could hide my concerts from non friends if I want to.

boknows
boknows
1/18/2007 10:49 AM

yeah i figured it was a privacy thing but it would be cool. It wouldn't be cool to have someone stalking you at a show unless she was really cute.

malarkie
malarkie
1/25/2007 11:12 PM

show stalkers! I've actually had that happen to me when I've posted on other boards and used my photo. weird!

boknows
boknows
1/26/2007 06:13 AM

And? Don't leave us hanging over here.

malarkie
malarkie
1/27/2007 08:53 AM

oh! well, ok....just hangin out at a show and someone came up to me (actually it's happened more than once) and tapped me on the shoulder and said, "Hey, aren't you "larkstar"?!" [name I used on that website] and then told me they had seen me posting and wanted to meet me. NOT really a stalker, but it was weird!

I will say that over the past 7 to 8 years through the internet and Dead-based sites, I have met people in person ALL over the country, camped with them, shared hotel rooms, and on occasion stayed in their homes. And had them stay in mine. It's a great way of keeping the family ties!

boknows
boknows
1/29/2007 06:49 AM

Very cool. Probably more good than bad but the bad is probably what keep jambase from letting you see who's going.

andy
andy
1/29/2007 08:03 AM

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

Privacy is a big concern, but we're working on some upgrades to address this idea very soon.

Keep 'em coming!

malarkie
malarkie
1/29/2007 10:10 AM

and THANKS for all your hard work! I'm really beginning to like this site a lot the more I use it. (I've used it for years to check on shows, but now there's so much more!

I really do like boknows' suggestion in the original post and I was just kiddng about stalkers! I hope you guys come up with a way to implement it. (maybe another disclaimer would be needed? maybe it would be user activated? You know, click this box IF you want everyone else to see your show calendar....)

scooterdjembe
scooterdjembe
1/29/2007 10:51 AM

Maybe you could make it optional to post the shows we will attend. that way there is not privacy problem

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use