General Tech Forum

Feature Requests & Questions

4 Total Messages • Page 1 of 1 •
Advertisements on our Forums
marcsmall1
marcsmall1
6/30/2008 08:55 PM

What is the deal with Companies and people using this forum as a means of advertising thier events. I understand that once in awhile it's cool, especially if it's a previous member of this forum, who wishes to start a festival. But when it's obviously some company who has just created an account, strictly to advertise an event that is of no interest to the type of fan who frequents the sit, it kind of pisses me off. Especially considering that I have close friends who have taken the time and money to actually advertise thier band on this site. I feel it undermines both the fans and the people who run this website. Is there anything that can be done to try and curb this activity? Please let me know

mase
mase
7/2/2008 05:09 PM

marcsmall1,

Can you point us to some threads where you've seen this? We'll take a closer look.

Thanks,

Mase

marcsmall1
marcsmall1
7/3/2008 06:24 PM

Mase,

Ok, it's been a few days since I saw one, but here's a couple examples:

On the General Discussion Forum:

"greatest 3 day festival in history coming labor day weekend !"

"Rocky Mountain Crystallization Festival"

On the Festivals Forum:

"3G's"

On the Prop a Band forum:

About 7-8 different threads started by "Satori Productions"

On the Fans Forum:

"beautiful 3 day festival with glamping jam bands out door wonderfest"

Hope this helps.

mase
mase
7/7/2008 12:34 PM

Thanks marcsmall1,

While I agree that some posts are certainly inappropriate, it's difficult for us to monitor this, so please feel free to report such things on our bug form: www.jambase.com/bugs

We'll look into how to best deal with this sort of thing. Possibly we could a "flag" link to allow users to flag certain posts similar to other forums.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use