General Tech Forum

Feature Requests & Questions

4 Total Messages • Page 1 of 1 •
open letter to jambase patrons
hotchkiss
hotchkiss
11/2/2006 10:30 PM

i think the staff at jambase should write a open letter explaining the recent articles (i.e. mastadon, t.v. on the radio, nas ect....)

i for one love them! i understand that jambase is so much more than a data base of shows for hippies. i think i have a understanding of why jambase would expand thier coverage of music.

but a explanation would make it clear to everyone here. maybe you could stop these granola, flower power pseudo hippies from bitching about non "jambands" being fetured on this site.

again, i love what you guys are doing!

aaronw
aaronw
11/6/2006 07:38 AM

I've always supported this as well, although I dont think an open letter would help. this new wave of jamband fans likens to the mentality of eliteists. they dont realize that we have jambands b/c of the divers musical interests of the musicians involved. It's only natural for the jambase to reflect that same diversity.

the420cloud
the420cloud
11/7/2006 12:41 PM

....or the cats at jambase are going through the same phaze alot of us go through....'my friends and i are kind of growing out if the 'jamband thing' and now we are into more suphistocated stuff'..i did this around 93 for a while when i quit phish topur...again in 97 when i had my own sucessfull jamband... i went through that kind of thing again in the early 00s...when i was high on silly drugs and playing what i thought was 'organica'...than i just gave in to the idea that playing every kind of music i could at once while applting the jazz improv spirit was a big part of who i was...oh no...im one of these silly hippies...through and through!

the420cloud
the420cloud
11/7/2006 12:51 PM

...also..i think that jambase is going through a period of growth. the manefesto will only be defined in time...they could probably land anywhere from here. im going to stay tuned...this is history! an important moment in the scenes evolution. i think they are on a good enough path if they want to be a part of the industry as we know it. i would rather that they grow in other ways than covering Joan Jett (clearly at request of her PR people...i realized this when i saw her playing at the fillmore when the article was still fresh)...this reeks of how industry has worked on my wacth...i think jambase should respect where it comes from and find another way to grow than buying in...but i doubt that i will ever stop reading. i have been here forever and will always read here!

(somehow in my imagination there are creeps from SUPERFLY in jambase personells ear telling them "cmon...do it this way...its for the family" or mabey some less literal version of this...who knows?

my pick for heavy bands id still STINKING LIZVETTA from philly. the hardest, loudest meanest band i have ever heard! not a jamband but sick! sick! sick!

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use