General Tech Forum

Feature Requests & Questions

5 Total Messages • Page 1 of 1 •
Refreshing page after posting
marcsmall1
marcsmall1
6/13/2009 04:58 PM

So we all know that if you refresh a page after making a post, you will get a pop up explaining the "double post" issue, and can hit cancel to avoid this.

My question is:

Is there anyway to eliminate this issue altogether so that one can make a post, and then just hit refresh to see if anyone has responded? It seems like it wouldn't be that difficult, but obviously if it hasn't been fixed yet, it's a tougher issue to fix than it seems.......But if it can be done, it would be great

Thanx

TiedyeVikki
TiedyeVikki
6/14/2009 01:31 AM

Hmmm, I don't remember ever getting a pop-up explaining a double-post. I've hit refresh by miskate a couple times and it results in a double post, but no warning of it pops up first that allows me to cancel it. Unless that's a new feature I haven't encountered yet.

--Vik

TiedyeVikki
TiedyeVikki
6/14/2009 01:31 AM

Hmmm, I don't remember ever getting a pop-up explaining a double-post. I've hit refresh by miskate a couple times and it results in a double post, but no warning of it pops up first that allows me to cancel it. Unless that's a new feature I haven't encountered yet.

--Vik

TiedyeVikki
TiedyeVikki
6/14/2009 01:34 AM

Oops, I don't even know HOW I did that... I swear I didn't hit refresh or post reply twice or anything... but then again I'm posting drunk on a friend's laptop computer which I totally am NOT used to, lol...

--Vik

TiedyeVikki
TiedyeVikki
6/14/2009 01:39 AM

But the good news is I just witnessed 2 totally awesome, but vastly different, Machine shows these past 2 nights! =)

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use