General Tech Forum

Feature Requests & Questions

22 Total Messages • Page 2 of 2 • « Previous 1 2 
email notifications of new posts
mase
mase
7/8/2009 06:08 PM

Hey all,

We are still looking into how to get our emails delivered to the major email providers. We know that there are still delivery problems still with Comcast and Hotmail.

If you have a Gmail account, our emails should almost certainly be reaching your account, but may be in the Spam folder. Look, better yet- SEARCH in your spam for "@jambase.com" to see if our emails are in there. If they are, be certain to mark them as "Not Spam"

For users that are on other email systems such as Hotmail, Comcast, Yahoo ... we are still looking into how to ensure our email delivery there. But don't forget to check your spam folder once in a while...

Very sorry for this continued issue, it's quite difficult because each ISP and email provider sets their own rules for how and when to filter out spam, as well as what to do with the messages and how to treat the sending mail server in the future.

Keep us updated and be sure to let us know if you DO begin receiving these emails again.

Mason

7/14/2009 07:56 PM

you requested an update mason, I still am not getting them at my hotmail account. I have it marked in my safe senders list and have been checking my spam folders and filter settings. It worked for a long time, and then just stopped and now it has been a while not working. Just keeping you in the loop as I am hope you made some progress in figuring out what is actually going on with the ISP's

mase
mase
7/20/2009 11:24 AM

Thanks 15,

We are working on making some changes to the site that will hopefully remedy this solution. It's uncertain when these updates will go live, but it is a high priority for us.

I'll keep you all posted on any progress.

Thanks for your patience

TiedyeVikki
TiedyeVikki
7/24/2009 11:43 AM

Today I received a PM from MaseBase saying Comcast has removed JamBase's mail server from their blacklist, and I DID receive my email notification of his PM, so it appears to be resolved, at least for Comcast customers. Please post to let him know either way if you're still having problems or not. Thanks.

--Vik

mase
mase
7/24/2009 12:02 PM

It's true, but currently only for Comcast customers (which was a large part of the problem).

We are continuing to work actively with Microsoft to ensure our emails are delivered properly to Hotmail / MSN / Live users. It's mostly a game of waiting for Microsoft to respond to us. Our apologies, we're definitely working on this one.

Yahoo mail, I think should be working. I just created a test account and was able to receive my registration confirmation account.

Gmail should also be working. I *THINK* all junk mail to gmail useres goes into the Spam folder. To the best of my knowledge, gmail doesn't filter spam that the user cannot then go find in the spam folder. Other email providers will not even deliver the message to the spam folder, but rather quietly delete or ignore the message.

If you can provide me any additional information, please do so here. If you would rather, for privacy concerns, you can PM me to get help on this issue. I'll see what I can do regarding your email provider.

We are continuing to make this a priority for the team. We're working on writing some new code to help with email delivery. Thanks for your patience!

Mason

mase
mase
7/30/2009 09:55 AM

I am happy to report that I do believe Hotmail users should be able to receive mail from us (for now). This was quite a process, and I've been using a personal account to test this. I'm finally receiving the messages at Hotmail/Live.com for the first time since the issues appeared.

Can Hotmail users confirm/deny this? I will send PMs to a few of you that I know use Hotmail and have reported issues.

Can we get an update from others about whether they're receiving these messages now?

Thanks

8/2/2009 11:48 PM

Hotmail is working again. Thanks Mason. You rock.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use