General Tech Forum

Feature Requests & Questions

14 Total Messages • Page 1 of 1 •
DaveLOLOLOLOLOL 2.0
marcsmall1
marcsmall1
4/1/2009 12:37 PM

Is there anyway the people at Jambase can do something about this person....Am I really the first to bring it up? There has to be a way to ban his IP addy.....or keep him from getting new screen names.....Or just hire someone who understands website security and can fix this.....He is taking over the forums and destroying them daily.

TiedyeVikki
TiedyeVikki
4/1/2009 01:49 PM

^^ Bingo. This has been going on for too long. And if any of us has to explain it any further, that would piss me off even more. I'm not one to argue for full-blown moderation, but if the havoc he has wreaked on these forums has gone unnoticed, or been noticed and allowed to continue, then that's pretty bad. Even if nobody is looking at these forums, I can't believe complaints haven't been made... and if not, it's probably because we know nothing will be done anyway. A lot of people are getting disgusted with this place, myself included.

--Vik

mase
mase
4/1/2009 02:23 PM

Thank you for the information.

We are aware of this issue and are working toward building better forum moderation and management tools. For a more direct way to get in touch with us about any issues you might be having is through the Bug submission form:

http://www.jambase.com/bugs

Thanks for your support and patience

BenjaminHuman
BenjaminHuman
4/1/2009 02:32 PM

I hope I didn't blow your inbox up earlier. In my opinion there isn't anything wrong with full blown moderation, if no one is spamming threads or breaking the html then the moderator just does nothing!

HWP
HWP
4/1/2009 03:54 PM

This is good to read. Mason how about adding a "Music Discussion Only" forum for the people who actually like discussing music with more than just one liners and leave the General Discussion for those who just want to play their silly childish games?? And personally I'm for an IP address shown(if not publicly then at least on Jambase's end) with each user name like whats done on the Philzone's discussion board or Ratdog's.

powernet
powernet
4/13/2009 11:30 PM

im going to bumb this becuase dave was at it last night

powernet
powernet
4/13/2009 11:34 PM

bump

mase
mase
4/14/2009 11:50 AM

Thanks,

For the time being - this is a great place to quickly notify us of this type of thing.

Sorry for all the troubles, we're working on a fix!

Mase

dcdeadhead
dcdeadhead
4/15/2009 04:04 PM

this guy is at it again...

Danimal
Danimal
4/15/2009 04:25 PM

Ban his IP!!!!

dcdeadhead
dcdeadhead
4/15/2009 04:32 PM

Jambase Staff--- first of all, thank you for all you do.

There has got to be something you can do to get this ass clown outta here for good though

BenjaminHuman
BenjaminHuman
4/16/2009 07:30 AM

This happens AT LEAST once a week...

powernet
powernet
4/16/2009 10:15 AM

hey mase dave is back....... thanx in advance

dcdeadhead
dcdeadhead
4/16/2009 11:12 AM

yea...i know you guys are doing the best you can but man this guy is so annoying...

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use