General Tech Forum

Feature Requests & Questions

5 Total Messages • Page 1 of 1 •
People search?
Dankstar
Dankstar
2/24/2009 11:03 AM

How about a people search by screen name only? Also allow people to keep there pages private until befriended.

HWP
HWP
2/25/2009 03:48 AM

yeah right . . . . right after jambase.com implements the IP with ID I have been asking for here.

mase
mase
3/2/2009 03:14 PM

We do currently have people search. You can search by username or email address under the Community tab. At the bottom of the screen where it shows "Newest Members", "Fans Near Me" and "Random" -- to the left you can enter a username or e mail address and get redirected to that users profile page.

As for having private profile pages, this is something we've discussed before and I will bring it up again.

RoCkKeR_ChiCk
RoCkKeR_ChiCk
4/10/2009 11:59 AM

We should be able to "Browse" people. . .just a thought. =]

mase
mase
4/10/2009 04:05 PM

xDaRKxPriNCesSx--

Thanks for the suggestion! We do hope to improve our community tools for finding friends and seeing who is on JamBase. Right now, you can sort of browse users near you using the "Fans Near Me" tab under the Community section.

You can page through users in your area or, for that matter, any City, State and radius you enter. It certainly could use some improvement, but it does allow you to "Browse" people...

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use