Tapers Corner Forum

Got a crispy FOB SBD or Podcast?

5 Total Messages • Page 1 of 1 •
I want to start taping
Ben80
Ben80
7/16/2008 08:01 PM

I don't know anyting about taping but I want to start doing it. But I have no clue really about anything

HWP
HWP
7/18/2008 10:23 AM

depends on how much money youre willing to throw out. if you dont have a whole lot then ive talked to a few people who use a zoom h2. also others use mini-disc. if you wanna get deeper into it you can go the DAT route. im sure someone else who knows alot more than me will chim in.

wsp6484
wsp6484
7/18/2008 07:34 PM

i would check out portable HD (hard disc) recorders. if u really have the lute and u know a small band personaly and that is who u want to record then u could get a very in depth rig with a bunch of mics (15 or 16) and mic up the stage and rec. to a lap top or a digital console. if u decide to do that it is alot harder to tell someone than show them. if u go the HD or DAT option (which i would recommend to a newby) then u only need the recorder and 2 mics (a left and right) anyway do a little research and give it a whirle it is fun stuff.

roboticus
roboticus
7/19/2008 08:35 PM

i got a Zoom H2, and i'm pretty happy with it. the unit and a 4 gig card cost me about $200 shipping included. it's really something you need to play with a bit before it's full potential can be realized. one feature that it has and other comparable units don't appear to, is the threaded tripod attachment point on the bottom. the only drawback (all things considered) is the case makes it look like a toy. if they had spent a little more time and money on the case i'd love it a little more.

HWP
HWP
7/20/2008 06:52 AM

theres also a zoom h4 with a few more features and still under 300USD.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use