Show Reviews Forum

A place for the passionate

3 Total Messages • Page 1 of 1 •
Jefferson Starship Tour
macfawlty
macfawlty
2/10/2007 05:05 PM

I saw Jefferson Starship at State Theatre in Falls Church, VA last night. I really had not much of an idea about who is in the band these days and whether they really had anything going on. I was blown away. I just can't figure out how some of these guys that are in their 60's can really bring it. But the show was about 10 times better than I could have expected (even though I thought it would be good). Dave Freiberg (quicksilver messenger) took the place of Marty Balin and his voice sounds remarkably similar... a really tremendous vocal ability. Diana Mangano is electrifying and has a perfect voice for the band. Slick Aguilar was really wicked, Paul Kantner is one of a kind. I felt like I was taken back physically to San Francisco in 1968. I don't know how they can channel that past like that but these guys are magic.

PHISHisDANK
PHISHisDANK
2/10/2007 07:41 PM

awsome

andyluvsmoney
andyluvsmoney
2/12/2007 05:17 PM

didnt know that they still played ..... actually i thought the lead singer was dead ....? i personally liked them a little better when they were jefferson airplane but im sure they put on a hell of a show. they were definately a huge influence on the 60's...... wish i was around .

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use